eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Australia eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/australia-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Bigpond Wireless Gateway modems... (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/australia-ebay-paypal/19804-bigpond-wireless-gateway-modems.html)

Blackhorse 06-24-2010 10:11 AM

Bigpond Wireless Gateway modems...

Are they considered the VPN system thats mentioned in the stealth book??? Or do i treat it the same as adsl/cable modem??:heh::noidea:

EFIL4OREV 06-24-2010 11:54 AM

im with bigpond as well but there not a VPN. If you wanna change IP with it just restart it.

Blackhorse 06-24-2010 08:23 PM

Cheers! Thanks for that.

FonkyChicken 06-25-2010 07:42 AM

I use my Bogpond modem via the wireless network. so what I do is open explorer.

type in 10.0.0.138 get explorer to remember the password then right click on the screen and 'create' shortcut to desktop. this just saves heaps of time between usernames everytime I have to restart the modem and I DON'T have to get up and walk to the other side of the house to restart the bloody thing everytime...... just do it remotely. goodluck

FonkyChicken 06-25-2010 07:44 AM

Oh it's worth mentioning I set up a shortcut for IP Burger/chicken and have checked it sooooo many times between accounts... I have never gotten a matching IP between accounts when it's reset.

Note: DON'T reset to factory settings. To a lot of people reset could mean just that.
It should be worded 'restart' the modem/router.

Blackhorse 06-25-2010 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FonkyChicken (Post 147388)
I use my Bogpond modem via the wireless network. so what I do is open explorer.

type in 10.0.0.138 get explorer to remember the password then right click on the screen and 'create' shortcut to desktop. this just saves heaps of time between usernames everytime I have to restart the modem and I DON'T have to get up and walk to the other side of the house to restart the bloody thing everytime...... just do it remotely. goodluck

Thanks for that, very useful, as i mainly use the laptop and its annoying getting up to turn it off and on!!

The details it wants - is that the bigpond account details? So i just type in my main username and password for the network?

FonkyChicken 06-27-2010 12:23 AM

hahaha It is really annoying turning it on and off it's a good time saving tip :)

If you haven't set up a password on your router. then the default username is 'admin' without the hyphens the default password is blank. Some routers will have the default username and password on the back of it. If in doubt have a look see.

once you log in I recomend setting up a password so your neighbours can't connect to your router and run your bandwidth. It's good to have just for security anyway.

a LOT of home users leave the username and password default which is pretty silly.
then any of your neighbours in range can have a look around your computer even lock you out of the router and/or use all of your bandwidth, and other pretty weak things.

FonkyChicken 06-27-2010 12:27 AM

Also Note: Bogpond are not a VPN (Virtual Private network) they are only an ISP (Internet service provider) from what I've seen VPN services are really expensive to pay for, like 10 times what you are paying for your internet, because you have to rent an actual physical dedicated server from a VPN provider. Perhaps in American they are much more common so the price is accessible.

The VPN harware boxes for home use are bloody expensive too.... really not worth the money unless you are a big ass powerseller.

There are a couple of virtual VPN software tools I've seen that you can install on your computer. I'm going to research this next.