eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Australia eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/australia-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Please Help. Need Advise on unbeliveable buyer (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/australia-ebay-paypal/20021-please-help-need-advise-unbeliveable-buyer.html)

lucasing 07-01-2010 05:49 AM

Please Help. Need Advise on unbeliveable buyer

Hi,

I sold a mobile phone to a buyer yesterday $200, in the listing i stated very clear that i'll ship the item within 3 days and it will takes about 6-10 days to arrive to australia from hongkong

However,after the buyer bought it and made payment,he told me to ship it in the same day for her so that he could give his friend's birthday next monday.
Alright, im just a new ebay seller and i know hes the type of aggressive,unreasonable person,i told him about him about the policy which i stated very clearly in the listing but i'll be nice and help him

Therefore i pay an extra $20 to tell my supplier ship it by express post and i don't take him even a penny, they ship it this afternoon and give me the tracking number

Then he reply and told me the tracking is invalid,swear me and ask me te refund his money
I explain to him the fact that if he tracks now the information may not be available cause the shipping service need 24 hours to be updated.So he must retrack it tomorrow

Then i have problem at this stage,i received an email from ebay telling me that the buyer had request my personal details and he also just sent me other email and told me that he had reported with police as i cheated him and won't return his money

I just felt so bad and i was wondering how in the world exist a non-reasonable buyer like this, so i reply to him,if he want refund, then after he received it next week, please don't open the box and return it to me immediately with tracking number provided,then i'll give him refund

Anyway,im worried about is the police,cause i sold a Chine phone,not a brand phone ( i don't state any brand phone in the list,just china smart phone in the listing)

Even my ebay is stealth but can i ask if the police could get my real address from paypal( im sure paypal will give police my bank number if they ask) can police get my deatail from my bank and charge me cause of selling china phone

Please advise,im so worried and couldn't sleep now
Thanks everyone

tenggo 07-01-2010 06:20 AM

yes buyers that dont read the item descriptions are a pain in the butt...
Dont worry about the police, as you havent done anything wrong, and they really prefer not to get involved in this type of thing. Also there is nothing illegal about selling a chinese phone. Any buyer that threatens with police on the first day really are being unreasonable. Best you could hope for is the package gets to him quickly. Check the tracking number tomorrow and once a result shows the item is in transit, email the buyer with the link to the tracking, this may calm them down a bit... good luck, but this is the type of customer that will probably leave a negative...

lucasing 07-01-2010 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenggo (Post 148821)
yes buyers that dont read the item descriptions are a pain in the butt...
Dont worry about the police, as you havent done anything wrong, and they really prefer not to get involved in this type of thing. Also there is nothing illegal about selling a chinese phone. Any buyer that threatens with police on the first day really are being unreasonable. Best you could hope for is the package gets to him quickly. Check the tracking number tomorrow and once a result shows the item is in transit, email the buyer with the link to the tracking, this may calm them down a bit... good luck, but this is the type of customer that will probably leave a negative...

Thanks very much for kindly advise

I just have a chat with him and tell him just track it again and now it show information available,i sent him the screenshot as an evidence but look: now he claim that the information not available on australia website,i told him it onlys available when it arrives to aus but he didn't care, he even told me the website i gave him is made up(even its EMS Express main site)

It would be a pain if he gives me negative cause i have only 100% with 15 positive feedback, seem to be i can't sell anything if my feedback from to 80%

rsot 07-01-2010 08:08 AM

1. Don't worry about the police whether or not you are selling anything wrong - the amount is too low. People who often threaten like this have no idea how the law works.

2. If you get a negative, explain it and move on. Nothing you can do except to try your best to resolve. There are crappy buyers and crappy sellers - luck of the draw.

3. What's his feedback?

slapped 07-01-2010 09:32 AM

Tenngo above is 100% Correct, DO NOT Worry about a Thing, The Police Will NOT Get involved, and If they do, The FIRST Thing they will do is give the Phone Enough Time to Arrive, but most likely, they will tell the Buyer to take up with Ebay and leave them alone.

When the Phone shows that it arrived, send the Buyer an E-mail Kiss Butt, and TRY to Avoid a Negative Feedback posting, Seem like you will not be able to, but try anyway.

SelfMade17 07-01-2010 10:24 AM

yeah..police i dont think would really get into small matters over small amounts like this..

topseller 07-01-2010 06:35 PM

Police will not get involved, but the buyer has been scamming you since day one. He will most likely keep the phone, file a complaint with ebay, paypal or his CC company to get his money back.
He is outright stealing and scamming from you. He is in a no lose situation.
1) He gets the phone that he paid for.
2) He gets the phone and a refund from ebay, paypal or cc and sends you back a brick.

Best thing to do is use his name, address and phone to open a stealth ebay account and try to get him booted when you abandoned it for non-payment of selling fees.
At least he will collection calls right away as soon as they suspended the account for non-payment of fees on your stealth account.

pod 07-01-2010 07:47 PM

"i sold a Chine phone,not a brand phone"

Since the buyer is easily set off in a freak out, inst the above statement a bigger concern? I mean 24 hours after buy and they call the police... This buyer is bad news

Not saying its actually xxxx brand in ad is meaningless. You could have an 8 word description and many people will only read 4 of those words. Point I'm making is this crack pipe is going to go through the roof when its discovered to be a knock off. And you cant slip that by on smartphones.

Sunglasses, bags, whatever are one thing. But when it comes to smartphones, and correct me if I'm wrong, they don't work with the services the originals do.

Non real Blackberrys wont work with BIS, iPhone wont work with itunes, Android wont work with google apps... Maybe I'm wrong, and that's common. But when it wont work you are going to have bigger problems then slow shipping with this cat. No?
And its a gift

lucasing 07-02-2010 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topseller (Post 148922)
Police will not get involved, but the buyer has been scamming you since day one. He will most likely keep the phone, file a complaint with ebay, paypal or his CC company to get his money back.
He is outright stealing and scamming from you. He is in a no lose situation.
1) He gets the phone that he paid for.
2) He gets the phone and a refund from ebay, paypal or cc and sends you back a brick.

Best thing to do is use his name, address and phone to open a stealth ebay account and try to get him booted when you abandoned it for non-payment of selling fees.
At least he will collection calls right away as soon as they suspended the account for non-payment of fees on your stealth account.

Thanks all you guys
I just checked his account feedback, he got only 1 positive feedback when he bought an other china mobile phone 3 days ago and the seller immediately give him a feedback at the same day

Im doubting that the seller and him the same person,may be he want to kick me out of ebay

If what i thought was true, i don't know what's type of him?
I never try to scam other ebay seller even they sell the same thing and lower price than me because i understand the fact that every one working to make money for their family to survive, if im lucky i have more customer,if not then i have find other items and improve my performance

He had filed a dispute against me with paypal and leave me a very bad negative feedback, ebay also remove all of my listing and suspend my account for 7 days, i had provided paypal the tracking number but im worried that paypal didn't care and will stay on his side

Any advise please

pod 07-02-2010 01:15 AM

sounds like the competition. The whole crazy customer sounds like an attempt to cover the fact that he's a competitor. But I could just be reading the situation wrong. He may be in the market for more than one phone. But I have my doubts.

needhelpplease 07-04-2010 11:24 AM

Most of the time tracking will not even show as VALID or exsisting until the first scan and about 24 hours later, if shipping via UPS or FEDEX even longer, sometimes wont even show any info until it reaches the next UPS/FedEx destination. Dont know how it is in your country, but over here all cops will do is take a report and give you a case number and tell you that it would have to be taken to small claims court. Dont even waste your time replying to this buyer, ignore it, keep an eye on the tracking to show that it is in transit or has been delivered and that is all you have to do! :) Good Luck!