eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Australia eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/australia-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Confused re: Stealth addresses in Australia (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/australia-ebay-paypal/20240-confused-re-stealth-addresses-australia.html)

deathbychocolate 07-10-2010 11:25 AM

Confused re: Stealth addresses in Australia

Hi Friends, Im really confused, Ive been reading ebay stealth over and over to make sure I haven't missed anything but it seems to me that the Address section has confused me a lil more. Can you please clarify this for me pleeeeeease with chocolate on top. I have searched the other threads to see if I can find my answer for this is more a question for those of you here in Australia.

1. Do I need to have either a PO box address or a residential address or both to sign up for PP and eB?
2. How many PO Box's are we allowed to have here in Australia
3. Are we verified by pp and eB at the postal address or the residential address

What address method is best to use here for Australia??

If someone could explain it in lamans terms as to how this works for Aussies that'd be great.

tenggo 07-10-2010 11:48 PM

What i do is look on the internet for houses in my area that have just been built/for sale etc
use that and if you need to, redirect mail from that address to yours...

deathbychocolate 07-11-2010 02:43 AM

Awsome, thanks for that, my husband is a real estate agent so will start with him!!

fingerz 08-21-2010 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenggo (Post 150354)
What i do is look on the internet for houses in my area that have just been built/for sale etc
use that and if you need to, redirect mail from that address to yours...

Mate could you tell me how can one redirect mail from such an adress to your own? and what happens when new people move in... will i start reciving their mail?!?

tenggo 08-21-2010 08:06 AM

nah its easy, just go to your post office and fill out the redirect form. You only put the name of the mail you want redirected, all other names at that address will keep going there

alicedidit 08-21-2010 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenggo (Post 160559)
nah its easy, just go to your post office and fill out the redirect form. You only put the name of the mail you want redirected, all other names at that address will keep going there

They're supposed to ask for ID when you do that. Sometimes they don't but they can...

rosieposie 08-28-2010 06:11 PM

would it really matter if a '⊗⊗⊗⊗' address was put - i mean if your just selling and not buying getting anything delivered, who gives with the address, or is it better for pp verification purposes?

EFIL4OREV 09-03-2010 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosieposie (Post 162542)
would it really matter if a '⊗⊗⊗⊗' address was put - i mean if your just selling and not buying getting anything delivered, who gives with the address, or is it better for pp verification purposes?

Matters because if the seller wants to return the item for whatever reason.

rosieposie 09-04-2010 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EFIL4OREV (Post 163872)
Matters because if the seller wants to return the item for whatever reason.

ok, what about if i put ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address and then add new po box address to my paypal and also use the po box for ebay address, would that work

deathbychocolate 09-04-2010 05:54 PM

Ive signed up to 30+ accounts now so the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address thing is working well. I have one PO Box address that I use for all returns. I don't give any of my PO Box details to pp or eb instead for everything I send to my customers I include on my receipt that I have created myself that if they need to return anything to return it to: Ebay (username) Returns, PO Box Adress. I also include a self addressed label for this Address. This looks professional and haven't had any dramas at all in the short time Ive had my stealth accounts.

hirav 11-29-2010 06:47 PM

Paypal banned

Mate.

Even after doing all this when Paypal ask you to varify your address with your drivers liscence or other document like utility bill,What should I do.

Thanks

down 11-30-2010 09:01 AM

Hi there,

I am still a novice at this and have only created 5 stealth a/cs so far, none of them which have been suspended (yet). Although the reason could be because I've never had a suspended a/c to begin with, hence even if the stealth a/cs are being linked to my original a/c, it wont get suspended because my main/real account never has been suspened (?).

Anyway, my two cents are, go with what Tenggo advised (post #2) and just look fo new houses or rental properties you can find all over the net. I also sign up with these ⊗⊗⊗⊗ addresses, and simply put my PO box address when shipping out good for returns. So far has been hassle-free.

When you do reach the 1k limit on paypal and they ask for verification, I've just got 'creative' with the info that I send back to paypal. Only have had to do this with 2 a/cs for far, so dont take my word for it. It is the only way I've worked out so far and has been working so far for me.

Hope this helps :)

teedon 12-01-2010 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathbychocolate (Post 163959)
Ive signed up to 30+ accounts now so the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address thing is working well. I have one PO Box address that I use for all returns. I don't give any of my PO Box details to pp or eb instead for everything I send to my customers I include on my receipt that I have created myself that if they need to return anything to return it to: Ebay (username) Returns, PO Box Adress. I also include a self addressed label for this Address. This looks professional and haven't had any dramas at all in the short time Ive had my stealth accounts.

God,you have 30 accounts?how come ebay do not give you any problem?It suprised me a lot

trikim 12-01-2010 07:54 PM

Paypal /Ebay verification

Hi Every one

I'm new too and have bought ebay steath.

I don't know if I should ask here or PM regarding getting creative with pp/eb verification doc requests like Driver license and utility bills.

Down, also, does pp actually call up Vicroads (say) and ask to verify the details on the driver license number you have provided? or call up the utility provider to verify the account details on your utility bills? -

deathbychocolate 12-09-2010 01:33 AM

Goes hand in hand, if you follow the guidelines in eBay stealth to the T you won't have any problems. Wow, seems ages ago since I posted my first question up as to how the address thing works, 5 months later, I can say that it works. Only drama has been when a customer wants to pick something up. This can get a little hairy and cause slight suspicion but if you can arrange to meet somewhere then they normally don't mind. This is a good reason why you should find addresses that are close to where you live.

down 12-13-2010 05:56 AM

Hi Trikim,

sorry I didn't see your question untill just then. There are a lot more knowledgeable people in this forum, and I am just a beginner at best. But as far as I know, to asnwer your question about paypal verifying your utility bills or driver's license with a third party, I don't think that happens. I doubt paypal would have that sort of authority or time. I am only 95% sure on this however. I have read articles before about new 'security' companies who provide the facility to check customer details with third parties. Anyone who's got any info on this please?

invader_adam 12-15-2010 10:20 AM

Lol if paypal could check those kinds of details we'd all be screwed.

craigoaus 12-30-2010 07:07 PM

I believe Paypal can verify license (except NSW) and passport check this mob out https://www.deloittedigital.com/port...utions/greenid
they offer a verification service and if I was Paypal I would certainly be using a service like this (depending on cost). But if you study the site you can see a few work arounds for those of us opening accounts........

blessed2011 01-05-2011 07:10 PM

Hi. I am brand new to the forum. I have bought Stealth. I was suspended from Ebay in Oct 2010 but the pp is still ok. I opened another Ebay acc and pp with @@@details. Ebay is still ok but PP has limited me cause acc is $1000. They asked for passport no, utility bill with physical address, political question and photo id. I gave them passport no and answered political question. What do I do about the ulitity bill and photo id? Can I give my neighbours address on the ulitity bill and spell the street wrong. Please help adivise please asap. I am so worried. Thanks in advance.