Phone Numbers in AU - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > Australia eBay & Paypal

Australia eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.com.au Suspensions and Paypal.com.au limited accounts. This forum is geared towards AU.

Old 09-30-2010
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosieposie View Post
@kozij - is that with faktortel? if so did you take up contract or by the month? thanks
^ correct, monthly, no cancellation fees means as accounts go down, numbers can be canceled.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-30-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 78%

Yeah, I agree with caryying 5 phones around, it's effing annoying. Farkotel sounds like a good option...I'm gonna go check it out now. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 09-30-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

@Kozij, which plan did you go for? I see there's one for $0/month and then, $8.95/m and so on. Also, If I were to buy a Voip hardware, will it work with a laptop?

Cheers!
Old 10-01-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by down View Post
@Kozij, which plan did you go for? I see there's one for $0/month and then, $8.95/m and so on. Also, If I were to buy a Voip hardware, will it work with a laptop?

Cheers!
$0 a month for me with added numbers. I didnt even worry about voip, as i just diverted them all to my mobile through the control panel you have access to when you sign up.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kozij For This Useful Post:
down (10-01-2010), ebayism (12-22-2010)
Old 10-08-2010

Longevity: 82%

I use a prepaid sim for my number with ebay, always have. I dont go through phone verification either. In the past I have opened the paypal account first, then an ebay account. once ebay is activated, go to your account, and there is a link to add paypal, no need for the phone verification..
Old 10-09-2010

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracey8855 View Post
I use a prepaid sim for my number with ebay, always have. I dont go through phone verification either. In the past I have opened the paypal account first, then an ebay account. once ebay is activated, go to your account, and there is a link to add paypal, no need for the phone verification..
This is the exact same steps I take: Ive never had to do phone verification. Having a mobile on charge all the time isn't as annoying as it sounds infact I don't even think about it because none of the phones have ever rung. Ive never had to put any credit on them and they can still take calls. $31 has been my only phone expense per account. I suppose everyone does things differently, so each to there own. Id rather have more money in my pocket than giving it to someone else and this seems to be the way to go if you intend on having 15+ accounts, plus if one goes down you only need to replace the $2 sim card, not the whole phone. Much Cheaper!
Old 10-14-2010

Hey buddy you can use call fowarding services an trial at that so its free but during the trial time you may get rogue people calling you as the numbers are recycled but if you can put up with that you can def use them
Old 10-15-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

After searching high and low, found out two things already pointed before:

1.Using Faktortel to get landline numbers forwarded to my mobile only costs $2.50-$3. So one mobile, multiple phonelines for minimum cost.

2. I also created my paypal first and then ebay,and then linked it together, and never had to go through phone verification, so might've been a waste of all the worry. But good to know the go afterall.
Old 10-15-2010
Threadstarter  

Just got a phone call from paypal when withdrawing from one of my accounts, luckily it was forwarded to my phone and the withdraw went through.
Another reason why you should keep lines active.
Old 10-16-2010

@kozij - how old was the account and was it your first withdraw, i was only going to keep new number for a month or 2!
Old 10-16-2010
Threadstarter  

Relatively new account, maybe a month or so, yes first withdrawal. I have other accounts that have never had a call, even on first withdrawal. I guess it's just luck of the draw really. I'm thinking of having my numbers active for at least the next few months, or up to a year. You never know with paypal, and it's better to be safe than sorry. No limits so far on many withdrawals, I want to keep it that way, even if it means having active numbers for a while.
Old 10-29-2011

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by down View Post
After searching high and low, found out two things already pointed before:

1.Using Faktortel to get landline numbers forwarded to my mobile only costs $2.50-$3. So one mobile, multiple phonelines for minimum cost.

2. I also created my paypal first and then ebay,and then linked it together, and never had to go through phone verification, so might've been a waste of all the worry. But good to know the go afterall.
Sorry I know this is an old thread but I have a few questions about Faktortel and it would mean a lot to me if you could kindly help me.

How exactly do I navigate the Faktortel website to obtain a landline number forwarded to my mobile? Would I need to sign up for a home phone plan? Or do I sign up for a DID number?

Thanks guys