eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Australia eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/australia-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Any one used paymate yet? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/australia-ebay-paypal/22294-any-one-used-paymate-yet.html)

EFIL4OREV 09-03-2010 11:23 PM

Any one used paymate yet?

Hey i am just wondering if any one has used paymate for there required payment method instead of pay-pal? What are your experiences so far if you have.

stillconfused 09-08-2010 09:23 AM

Hi, I have been using paymate and paypal and quite a few people have been paying via paymate. It takes the pressure off using paypal all of the time and having too much money going through it.
For me, that's a very good thing.

I'd rather use just paymate all of the time, but I found that sales dropped, and I had a couple of none paying bidders, who probably didn't realise that there wasn't a paypal option till after they had won.

EFIL4OREV 09-10-2010 10:37 PM

Yeah true it needs to grow more before it will become any kind of competition for paypal. I can see it would be good tho as a payment method to keep pressure of your paypal.

stillconfused 09-11-2010 06:58 AM

I wish more people would use it. It's actually easier to use than paypal as you don't have to register. When I get the time and the energy, I'll list it's benefits and hopefully convert a few.

FandangoKango 09-11-2010 07:41 AM

Im in the usa and i started using paymate this week that is going by. I just sold 2 items on there and the money is processing. Takes 5-10 business days into checking accounts here in usa. I love this because its not like paypal which you are worried anytime you can get limited or your bank transfer could be reversed while being processed.

I agree that one of my customers said oops i thought i could pay with paypal so he made a mistake even though it had a paymate option only, but he said tomorrow he would pay with paymate no problem.

Another buyer of mines said he will not register or use paymate because he only deals with paypal for security. which is untrue about the register part, but paypal has made buyers think paypal is the only good source.

Another buyer of mines said paypal has his back and his ebay is 9 years and i checked his selling record and he has sold items, but not vero items. He said paypal cannot access his bank info and no paypal employee can access his bank info which he doesn't know yet until paypal screws him over in the future hopefully lol.

That's my paymate story. I know in australia paymate processes payments straight into checking account within 24-48 hours 1-2 business days.

EFIL4OREV 09-16-2010 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stillconfused (Post 165389)
I wish more people would use it. It's actually easier to use than paypal as you don't have to register. When I get the time and the energy, I'll list it's benefits and hopefully convert a few.

Yeah could you please!!!!! list the cons and pros of paymate? especially related to australian ebay use.

jbluntz 09-16-2010 02:26 AM

Paymate doesn't have any pros, they've got plenty of cons. The cons are you sell your stuff, the people pay and the money sits there processing week after week, you e-mail them and ask what's taking so long and they don't respond then your buyers email you and ask what's taking so long and you don't have much to tell them except that your payment is still being processed for the last 2 weeks, I don't think so lol after using paymate I can actually say that paypal is alot better.

stillconfused 09-16-2010 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EFIL4OREV (Post 166623)
Yeah could you please!!!!! list the cons and pros of paymate? especially related to australian ebay use.

Buyers don't have to be registered to paymate to use it, they can use credit cards.
Paymate emails you when payment has been made and when you can send your item usually within a couple of hours.
Paymate automatically transfers payment into your account for you.
You can if you wish, let your buyer pay for the paymate fees, but when I did this, no sales via paymate, so I chose to absorb the fees and sales can in again.

Cons/ No reference to the ebay item they have purchased or item number, so you have to figure out who's payment has been confirmed. I work it out by email address. There probably is an easier way, I've been too busy to look into it.
Paypal is easier to use for ebay, but if you are having problems with paypal, this is a great alternative.

That's my take on it.

OfficialGenius 09-16-2010 03:41 PM

OR... you can just have Paymate as an option and make it clear in your listing description that "if paying by paypal contact me first" After that you can just tell them that the only way they can pay via paypal is by you sending them an invoice(Be creative with the reason why. Make it believeable. can't link to ebay, to prevent limitations, etc...) Success rate 7/10. And there you have it... An out side of eBay transaction! ;)

:ranger:

pod 09-17-2010 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FandangoKango (Post 165392)

I love this because its not like paypal which you are worried anytime you can get limited or your bank transfer could be reversed while being processed.

I dont know much about paymate, but no way this is true. This is just another "its awesome" and then when they screw you you will change your tune. No offense intended. Its just fantasy to think this will all be hassle free. No such animal in the ecommerce world. It may have been running smooth so far. But by no means does that mean thats how it always is...

There isnt a payment gateway in the solar system that just lets you take in money and thats that. They ALL will have chargebacks and freezes and whatever problem you can think of. They are handing over money. Dont think for a second they dont have a way to try get it back when something goes wrong...