Created a Stealth a/c BUT.... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > Australia eBay & Paypal

Australia eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.com.au Suspensions and Paypal.com.au limited accounts. This forum is geared towards AU.

Old 09-30-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Exclamation Created a Stealth a/c BUT....

Hey everybody,

After much thought and re-reading of the stealth guide + the forums, I created a stealth a/c (and felt like superman too, or should I say hollow man). This is exactly what steps I took just so you smarties can correct me if I am mistaken:

1. Made an important list of steps and jotted it down on my notebook.

2. Created a second user name on my computer for the would-be stealth a/c.

3. Switched users, and logged in from my new Windows user a/c.

4. Reconnected myself to the internet (I use Telstra mobile broadband btw, and it has dynamic IP so think I am covered there)

5. Noted down my IP.

6. Went and created a gmail account.

7. Went and created a Paypal a/c and verified with Pre-paid Credit Card (I used Only1 Visa card, cost me about $6) Doesn't have the feature to put your name and address in and in also not reloadable, but surprised me nciely by working.

8. Went to realestate.com and got adress of a house that was up for sale. (theory behind this, I can always put my real or Po box adress on the parcels I send so returns can always be sent back to me, made sense, but ur welcome to correct me)

9. Put a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ landline number by going to tollforwarding website and chose a random number they said were available in my state without actually purshasing assigning it to me. (Hoping that they won't do phone verification, but am willing to change it to one that I have access to depending on the advice I get here)

8.Went to ebay and created a new a/c with the exact details I put into Paypal.

9. Linked my ebay to my paypal.

I did all that, and the a/c is less than 24 hours old, and was still active as of this morning. Can anyone please guide me if I have done something wrong or missed anything?

But the major question is, just an hour ago, when I tried to relist an item from my ACTUAL ebay a/c, ebay asked me to verify by Id either my mail or by email saying it doesnt not recognise my computer anymore. Email verfication would suit me fine, had they not asked for my security question, and I have absolutely forgotten what my answer was those 3 years ago. Think it's got anything to do with Ebay finding out about my stealth a/c?

I should also point out that I created a secondary ebay a/c for my actual ebay a/c. That is one paypal, 2 ebay. And I have been logging in and out of these two a/c from the same IP and same windows username. Thought it would be pointless to change IP etc when ebay already knows these a/cs are linked. Am I mistaken here?

Sorry about the long post, just need some clarification.

P.S: I remember reading in the stealth guide saying it's good to retain ONE Ip address per a/c you have, or else ebay might get suss, My IP keeps changing each time I connect to the internet. Does this mean ebay gets suspicious of all ebay user using broadband internet who get different IP assigned each time?

Any thoughts e
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!