Can you close eBay accounts? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > Australia eBay & Paypal

Australia eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.com.au Suspensions and Paypal.com.au limited accounts. This forum is geared towards AU.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-14-2011
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
iTrader: (0)
Default Can you close eBay accounts?

First question is can yuo close ebay and paypal accounts that h ave never had any policy issues?

Second is are they actually deleted from ebays and paypals systems?
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 04-15-2011
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,611
Thanks: 1,580
Thanked 2,027 Times in 1,356 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 83%
iTrader: (47)
Default

Why would you close an account that has no issues? That does not make any sense at all.

And no, it is never deleted from their system.

Someone here posted a long time ago they tried to revive an account with the exact same info from 1997 time period and it was not long before they were gone.

Ebay or PP never forgets you.

If they did we would all be billionaires. :D
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-15-2011
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 42,038
Thanks: 5,510
Thanked 9,030 Times in 7,038 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (6)
Default

An account can be closed.
Pointless to close it whilst it 'lives' and not under the death knock of either ebay/paypal.

All info is keep by ebay/paypal.

I have had a paypal staffer tell me about an account hardly used AND gave an discarded email address. Felt sick
__________________
Ever look at someone and think WhyTF has no one hit you with a shovel yet?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-15-2011
ShadyOne's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,556
Thanks: 186
Thanked 327 Times in 281 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
iTrader: (0)
Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne
Default

Quote:
First question is can yuo close ebay and paypal accounts that h ave never had any policy issues?
You can close both if they are not suspended/limited.

Quote:
Second is are they actually deleted from ebays and paypals systems?
I think they would likely keep a record/database of all accounts that have been 'closed' and by who.

You are not deleting your accounts but closing.

Quote:
An account can be closed.
Pointless to close it whilst it 'lives' and not under the death knock of either ebay/paypal.
Makess mees thinkss he is has a reason he is not telling us

If you did give the reason you wanted to close them then I am sure you would get some more specific advice. But hey! Thats your choice :D I'm just nosy!

__________________
"Guess whos back, back again
Shady's back, tell a friend
"

Last edited by ShadyOne; 04-15-2011 at 08:26 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-15-2011
nak's Avatar
nak nak is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 174
Thanks: 14
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
iTrader: (1)
Default

yes you can close accounts but i know for a fact that ebay makes you wait 180 day until they fully shut it down to make sure you have no issues. i am sure paypal is the same. but yes i would just let the accounts sit dormant so in the future if you need a nice clean account you have it all ready to rock and roll.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-15-2011
ShadyOne's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,556
Thanks: 186
Thanked 327 Times in 281 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
iTrader: (0)
Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne
Default

Quote:
but yes i would just let the accounts sit dormant so in the future if you need a nice clean account you have it all ready to rock and roll.
hmmm, something still tells me that the accounts he is try to close arn't clean

But good advice nak, I forgot that they do the 180 day wait before account is fully closed, they must allow the user ID to be free straight away though for other people to use. They only need the account numbers to refer to the accounts I suppose.

__________________
"Guess whos back, back again
Shady's back, tell a friend
"
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-15-2011
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 42,038
Thanks: 5,510
Thanked 9,030 Times in 7,038 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (6)
Default

Worse than the 180 days, as you go thro' the process, there used be those pop-ups saying Are you sure you want to close the account, then emails please stay with us etc.

I had three accounts I thought I should close. (Had not quite found the forum). Closed them, then found out they might be of use. Dear old ebay let me open them again
(& nosey-one that was 3 years ago )
__________________
Ever look at someone and think WhyTF has no one hit you with a shovel yet?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-15-2011
ShadyOne's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,556
Thanks: 186
Thanked 327 Times in 281 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
iTrader: (0)
Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne
Default

Quote:
Worse than the 180 days, as you go thro' the process, there used be those pop-ups saying Are you sure you want to close the account, then emails please stay with us etc.

I had three accounts I thought I should close. (Had not quite found the forum). Closed them, then found out they might be of use. Dear old ebay let me open them again
I have closed a few accounts, before stealth, I do kind of remember the 'please stay with us' emails and that!

Quote:
I had three accounts I thought I should close. (Had not quite found the forum). Closed them, then found out they might be of use. Dear old ebay let me open them again


Quote:
(& nosey-one that was 3 years ago )
__________________
"Guess whos back, back again
Shady's back, tell a friend
"
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-16-2011
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Hi, sorry i discussed my full situation on a previous thread.

The old account is a friends. I am opening a corporate account under his name at a clean address.

Only issue is that his registered address for the previous account is the same as

a) a postal address i used years ago on original banned account

b) i may have also had this address as a registered address

I have just changed his old account to the new address for him (uncertain of merit of this but too late now.

If i sell nothing similar to my banned accounts can this still work? An address is only 1 similarity, it seems more than this is required to suspend?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-16-2011
ShadyOne's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,556
Thanks: 186
Thanked 327 Times in 281 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
iTrader: (0)
Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne
Default

Quote:
Hi, sorry i discussed my full situation on a previous thread.

The old account is a friends. I am opening a corporate account under his name at a clean address.

Only issue is that his registered address for the previous account is the same as

a) a postal address i used years ago on original banned account

b) i may have also had this address as a registered address

I have just changed his old account to the new address for him (uncertain of merit of this but too late now.

If i sell nothing similar to my banned accounts can this still work? An address is only 1 similarity, it seems more than this is required to suspend?
Addresses will be linked to other similarities.

If e bay has any record of an address associated with a suspended account they will then look further into your accounts a such info as name, dob, IP's, phone numbers etc etc

If none of this is the same then you are a different person and are then clear.

Changing details of any linked accounts does not work because e bay can look through an accounts detail change history.



edit: noticed I already answered your question in another thread, you shouldn't ask the same question in a different thread about closing accounts.
__________________
"Guess whos back, back again
Shady's back, tell a friend
"

Last edited by ShadyOne; 04-16-2011 at 06:15 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
close account before ebay does tenggo eBay Suspensions 4 02-13-2011 06:06 PM
Multiple accounts with bank account numbers CLOSE to eachother Burst PayPal Talk 5 08-12-2010 09:52 PM
No Merchant accounts come close to Paypal at the moment NZT Payment Processing 1 10-15-2009 08:27 AM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49 PM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts