eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Australia eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/australia-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Are violations across multiple ebay accounts added together regarding a paypal ban? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/australia-ebay-paypal/31419-violations-across-multiple-ebay-accounts-added-together-regarding-paypal-ban.html)

ultimabond 05-14-2011 10:21 AM

Are violations across multiple ebay accounts added together regarding a paypal ban?

Just wondering does does paypal count the number of violations across multiple ebay accounts when deciding whether to ban you?
I have about 8 or so ebay accounts linked to my paypal and have received around 15 or so violations in the past few months for selling items that are not allowed but the violations are spread evenly across the accounts and when I get too many on an account (3-4) I abandon it and create more accounts before they ban that ebay ID.
So basically im just wondering if paypal keeps a secret tally of all the violations across multiple accounts. I actually already have had a reserve placed on my paypal but this came into effect almost immediately after I withdrew $10,000 from the account which I don’t think they liked (got a message from them about suspicious withdrawals) .
Thanks for your time.

GreenBean 05-15-2011 04:48 AM

No secret tally, just a tally. Start thinking ahead. paypal may be in the throes of disling you right at the moment :tears:

ultimabond 05-15-2011 05:19 AM

thanks for your response. the reason I say secret is because looking at my paypal there is no indication they are counting violations against me but of course under an ebay ID you just have to select "account" and the violations are listed and dated in plain view (It even tells you how long it will take before your account is clear of these).
I don't currently have a stealth paypal account im just selling a certain item at the moment that is very profitable that a sell on weekends that ebay will cancel if they see it (pro tip: ebay staff don't work on Sundays so listings won't be taken down till late Monday) and so at the moment im deciding on whether to keep selling it through my regular paypal (maybe give it a month or 2 to cool off would that even make a difference?) or set up a stealth account and sell it through that.

rsot 05-15-2011 07:12 AM

Violations across don't add up. The fact that you got $10k out is impressive. Whatcha selling there, ultima?

ultimabond 05-16-2011 10:00 AM

oh thats great news. I had a feeling that was the case (I thought it was strange that after around 15 violations for the exact same thing I hadn't heard a peep from paypal). I sell mainly electronics I import from the US as well as some vero items from china that are poorly monitored in aus.

rebel 05-22-2011 10:28 PM

i would immediately can your paypal account and start a new one. I have lost four accounts - all under different names and addresses and the ONLY link to them was my paypal account - consider paypal/ebay one and the same thing these days.

stevesokol21 05-23-2011 08:10 PM

y would he can it? just ride it out brotha

are these accounts all under the same name and info? thanks

steve