eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Australia eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/australia-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Increase Selling Limits - Phone call from eBay? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/australia-ebay-paypal/40553-increase-selling-limits-phone-call-ebay.html)

blackdeath 12-16-2011 04:01 AM

Increase Selling Limits - Phone call from eBay?

I have been selling on eBay for the past year with no problems at all, have gained a high reputation.

I've had a selling limit on for a certain amount each month, and have now decided it's time to increase that limit.

Now eBay will need to give me a call over the phone apparantlly about increasing the selling limits.

I'm just a bit curious, when they call me, what are they going to be saying/asking? And should I have anything prepared at all?

rsot 12-16-2011 04:14 AM

Interesting q - hope other folx chime in for ya - all the best. In your shoes, I might be prepared with documentation request in worst scenario.

nilnil 12-22-2011 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackdeath (Post 295985)
I have been selling on eBay for the past year with no problems at all, have gained a high reputation.

I've had a selling limit on for a certain amount each month, and have now decided it's time to increase that limit.

Now eBay will need to give me a call over the phone apparantlly about increasing the selling limits.

I'm just a bit curious, when they call me, what are they going to be saying/asking? And should I have anything prepared at all?

Hi,could you updated the result,what did ebay want?

As ebay want to talk to me as well after request to increase the selling limit.
And I already submit all ID verification in last time selling limit increase,it is true ,not ⊗⊗⊗⊗ one.

And what ebay want to talk with us then?

GrannyT 12-22-2011 07:43 AM

When they call they are fishing. They want to talk to you and for you to make them feel all warm and cuddly.

They will ask what email address you use. They will ask about the things you sell and possibly discuss your feedback.

They are not calling you to try and make a muppet out of you, they are calling to be sure you are what and who you say you are and you are conducting your business as a business and not ripping off the buyers with foo-foo and rubbish.

If you have got with the programme and created your accounts properly from the get-go you should be fine.

If you are selling "Veronica Lakes" or VERO expect a lot more prying

invader_adam 01-03-2012 09:52 AM

I actually did one of these the other day.

I had a selling limit so e-mailed ebay. They said to call a specific number to discuss.
I called and had my selling limit changed from 10items per month to 100per month.

They do an Id check. They will talk about your feedback like GrannT says. They asked me if I was unable to get to a computer and post items did I have someone else who could. They talked about pre-order items with me and if I understood the time limitations.

They ask how much are you looking to sell. What items you are selling. I also talked about why I stopped selling for a long period.

The last question they ask is probably the only that matters....
They will ask if you have any other e-bay accounts. You should probably answer no ^^. They then place you on hold and evaluate your limits.

mrdmr111 02-06-2012 03:51 PM

How does the id check work if its a stealth account? Do they just ask your name or do u have to provide information?

Pringles 02-15-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdmr111 (Post 309734)
How does the id check work if its a stealth account? Do they just ask your name or do u have to provide information?

If they do decide to do an ID check, they will ask you to provide documents - utility bill+licence etc...

bpdoz 04-01-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackdeath (Post 295985)

Hi blackdeath,

So, what eb ask you?
Would you mind sharing?
Thanks... :)

WasTopRatedThenBanned 04-04-2012 09:32 PM

Well i have a name variation account going. Tried the account questions via computer to raise limits. All my real previous information came up. So i suppose if i call ebay, i will get hammered right?!

So Perhaps Name variation is not good? Just asking/saying.

blackdeath 04-06-2012 04:46 AM

Well they just asked a few random questions like what items I'm selling, about my feedback, where Im getting my items, if I am thinking of selling other items in the future... They didn't ask anything about my identification or anything.
Then they increased my limit, no problems at all.

they_screwed_me_too 04-06-2012 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrannyT (Post 297785)
When they call they are fishing. They want to talk to you and for you to make them feel all warm and cuddly.

They will ask what email address you use. They will ask about the things you sell and possibly discuss your feedback.

They are not calling you to try and make a muppet out of you, they are calling to be sure you are what and who you say you are and you are conducting your business as a business and not ripping off the buyers with foo-foo and rubbish.

If you have got with the programme and created your accounts properly from the get-go you should be fine.

If you are selling "Veronica Lakes" or VERO expect a lot more prying

i call quite often and this is EXACT to the letter, good advice

whyebpp 11-03-2012 07:38 PM

This is not 100% correct. Called them and they asked a lot MORE questions. I think they use your name + address and look up your info using public records. So you have no way to answer them unless you use your real name, but stealth ones will have to say "I don't know these ....." and you can't get passed!