eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Australia eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/australia-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   New stealth mobile sim cards? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/australia-ebay-paypal/47511-new-stealth-mobile-sim-cards.html)

sax4 10-31-2012 04:31 AM

Also I heard you can buy an Optus sim in the shops there, the ID that you need to show can be the card you want to pay with, so can be stealth prepaid card

luckything 11-01-2012 06:09 PM

Prepaid mobil sim-card? Really?

The last time I've been asked to use LANDLINE number (not mobile).
Can someone please explain in more detail?

Ta

LilyPily 11-14-2012 05:01 PM

No you do not need a landline number. I just registered a Stealth account this month, had just to provide a mobile number OR landline.

As I said before go get a $2 pre-paid SIM card from Telstra (Coles supermarket or Australia Post sells them no ID check required). Activate the SIM card under your stealth name (no ID check required). Off you go, you have your mobile number to verify.

Call forward your pre-paid mobile number to your other mobile phone so you get all calls from this number should ebay, preypal or any customers call you.

craigoaus 11-14-2012 06:08 PM

Coles hit me up for ID last time I bought one.

trustno1 11-15-2012 07:13 AM

Last time I made one only about 6 weeks ago I was only able to use a land line....

stillconfused 11-16-2012 05:15 AM

You need to give ID, as in Drivers License or Medicare number to register and activate sim cards online.

LilyPily 11-17-2012 04:57 AM

You don't need ID. Go to Coles Supermarket or anywhere you see pre-paid SIM card mobile phone packs Australia Post sell them too (in the DVD, Mobile phone aisle), grab a $2 pre-paid Telstra SIM card and take it to the check-out and buy it. You are not asked for any ID, Driver's License or Medicare card number to activate it.

Make sure you are buying a pre-paid $2 SIM card. Registering this mobile number online won't require any ID.

GreenBean 11-17-2012 06:03 AM

Not in my area.

Need to experiment here.

:juggle:

LilyPily 11-17-2012 04:01 PM

That's strange. :faint:

stillconfused 11-18-2012 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilyPily (Post 394141)
Y. Registering this mobile number online won't require any ID.

I've tried with no luck, they require Medicare or License.

craigoaus 11-19-2012 01:49 AM

Depends on the the store one Coles nearby does not ask one a bit further down the road does, may have something to do with management. Was yakking to the guy in local phone shop he only asks for ID if the buyer looks sus if you pass his inspection no ID required

LilyPily 11-19-2012 04:35 AM

That's weird, because it's PRE-PAID - you load money into it to use your mobile, not on contract or post paid (when they check your credit history etc to see if you have the capacity to pay the mobile bill).

They sell them everywhere including Australia Post "$2 Pre-Paid SIM Starter Kit", just the SIM pack not the phone.

Go to Coles, buy your groceries and whack the pre-paid somewhere in the middle of the groceries and they STILL ask you for ID right in the middle of scanning? Strange.

I went to Coles today and strangely enough all the pre-paid $2 SIMS had sold out!!!

If you show them your real ID, do they actually take it down somewhere on computer file or just sight it? If they just sight your ID then you can just simply buy it, show your real ID, log online and register with your stealth details.

Maybe that is another way around it.

craigoaus 11-19-2012 04:55 AM

Legally (Commonwealth) they are supposed to ask for ID. They fill in a form with your details. I got one through check out and the check out girl told me I had to go to the customer service counter and fill in the form....

LilyPily 11-19-2012 05:36 AM

Bizarre??? Maybe go to the self service check out and buy it yourself there if you can and bypass check out girl? Possibly?

yellowtaill 11-21-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilyPily (Post 394665)
That's weird, because it's PRE-PAID - you load money into it to use your mobile, not on contract or post paid (when they check your credit history etc to see if you have the capacity to pay the mobile bill).

They sell them everywhere including Australia Post "$2 Pre-Paid SIM Starter Kit", just the SIM pack not the phone.

Go to Coles, buy your groceries and whack the pre-paid somewhere in the middle of the groceries and they STILL ask you for ID right in the middle of scanning? Strange.

I went to Coles today and strangely enough all the pre-paid $2 SIMS had sold out!!!

If you show them your real ID, do they actually take it down somewhere on computer file or just sight it? If they just sight your ID then you can just simply buy it, show your real ID, log online and register with your stealth details.

Maybe that is another way around it.

They write the details down on a paper form. I'm not sure what happens with it after that.

Depending on where you go, some do not bother asking for ID.

711 is a good bet, also smaller newsagencies and small independent grocery stores.

yellowtaill 11-21-2012 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilyPily (Post 394679)
Bizarre??? Maybe go to the self service check out and buy it yourself there if you can and bypass check out girl? Possibly?

I've only ever seen supermarkets keep them behind the cigarette/service counter

skyichigo 11-22-2012 05:05 AM

does anyone experienced any difficulties with "no PIN Number was given after pressing the correct digit as been asked by the caller?" Sometimes didn't work, as after I pressed the number as been asked, there wasn't any PIN number given, and I had to keep retrying.

craigoaus 11-22-2012 06:17 AM

Yep eBay had this problem with mobiles a few weeks ago seems to be sorted now though. Had his problem with another method today had to use a work around more an inconvenience than anything else.

stillconfused 11-22-2012 07:30 PM

The main problem is activating them, not in purchasing.

You have to go online and to activate them and they ask for ID, medicare number or license.
That' what I have come across.

You can't give false info as your medicare and license can be checked.

LilyPily 11-22-2012 10:53 PM

You can get your PIN via email with eBay verification now. They lock you out for 24 hours if you keep on retrying. Get the email PIN verification instead.

craigoaus 11-23-2012 01:27 AM

to open a seller account they do not want to call you? I opened one today and they called how do you get around that?

bpdoz 11-26-2012 12:30 AM

Amazing, prepaid mobile is working..
No need to use landline anymore...
Yayyy..:dance:

Thanks LilyPily