eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Australia eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/australia-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Problems Verifying A Sellers Account With A Mobile Phone Number (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/australia-ebay-paypal/51866-problems-verifying-sellers-account-mobile-phone-number.html)

craigoaus 10-16-2012 07:11 PM

Problems Verifying A Sellers Account With A Mobile Phone Number

I have recently been having problems using a mobile number (Telstra) to open/verify a sellers account with eBay. The number rings etc and I hear ebay but when I hit the key on the phone that eBay asks to be hit there is a pause and I am asked again for the code again. For some reason 'eBay' is not hearing my reply.

I have tried another mobile and I have tried forward to a landline makes no difference.

Sometimes I get lucky and eBay 'hears' the reply and I am given the verification code, but this is rare.

Interestingly enough a month or so ago I had no problem using a mobile to verify a seller's account.

Anyone else had this problem and more importantly found a work around?

Stealth4 10-21-2012 09:00 AM

Hi i have never used a mobile to verify but i have had this problem with Skype..
So what i did was jut go a site that generated DTMF Sound and pressed the number it asked on my laptop. I used this site: http://www.dialabc.com/sound/generate/

So what you can try is be ready infront of your computer and when Ebay tells you which number then quickly put the number in and click generate DTMF Tones. IT wont take long...

See how you go and maybe update us :)

craigoaus 10-22-2012 12:57 AM

Ta, interesting info.

I'll try this with the mobile, nothing to loose..

The only problem I have had with Skype is that the number was not recognised but the info you have supplied will be kept for when I needed.

dom03 10-28-2012 09:01 PM

This appears to be a widespread problem, I too have had this happen to me on different network providers with different sims on different occasions.

Its just a technical bug/issue on the network or with ebays systems recognising your reply. The simple solution is to keep trying until it works.

I had to request a call for verification 10 times in a row once before it recognized me pressing the keypad to hear the code!

craigoaus 10-29-2012 04:26 AM

I chatted to eBay and they said as much that they were having problems with mobiles and suggested I go to my neighbours and ask if I can receive the call there ... sort of defeat the purpose in my opinion....

GreenBean 10-29-2012 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craigoaus (Post 388105)
I chatted to eBay and they said as much that they were having problems with mobiles and suggested I go to my neighbours and ask if I can receive the call there ... sort of defeat the purpose in my opinion....

That could be helpful....if you think about what they told you to do....

after all ebay always helps us

:juggle:

rsot 10-29-2012 03:02 PM

Ha - go to your neighbour's and answer a call...great privacy there eB...silly

craigoaus 10-30-2012 12:59 AM

From memory I once got a message to say that the number I was using to verify an account had been used too many times... first time I had used it can not even remember where I got it from now. Its a bit hard to work 'em out thats for sure