eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Australia eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/australia-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   New Stealth Selling Account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/australia-ebay-paypal/57963-new-stealth-selling-account.html)

drphilly 03-20-2013 03:33 AM

New Stealth Selling Account

Hi Everyone

I have just recently set up a new stealth account. It is only 2 weeks old.

I want to sell fairly low risk items but it bulk (lots). They are brand new items.

Not sure how many lots I should start off listing as I don't want to raise any flags. The value per lot is around $100 - $250.

Does anyone have any suggestions as I do not want to get the account restricted / suspended?

Thank you :)

ZoonVoo 03-20-2013 03:41 AM

It depends on you selling limit, I always start slowly till I reach 30FB and the account become 3 months+ old

Ukdirect 03-20-2013 04:03 AM

On an account that is two weeks old I would even risk selling $100+ items. You need to start slow to build a solid account. Sell some $1 items (anything you have lying around) so paypal/ebay can build some trust with you

It might be frustrating but it's the best why for long term stealth

drphilly 03-20-2013 06:19 PM

How about items worth $20 - $40 in value??

After all, the purpose of opening an e Bay account is to sell :)

Stealth4 06-25-2013 07:31 PM

I have the same issue. I was wondering if Anyone in Australia opened a new eBay account in the past months and have not been required to send ID? I mean seller account?

danshan 06-25-2013 11:03 PM

New items high price you will struggle and have low rates of not getting suspended. Start slow and low with used items at low price

invince 06-26-2013 06:20 AM

I make 1-2 Australian stealth per month.
Will not require ID unless something raised flags.
One time I changed my IP and they said I used auction bots and my account is compromised.
I called them to verify and they need to call back but I couldn't access that phone number at the time.
So the rep told me to fax in identity instead, and it's lifed.
I start by auctions from $1 then fixed-price up to $60.
I think they'll remove your listing if you put a fixed price of $150 when you have limited account history.
Try auction instead?

Stealth4 06-26-2013 08:29 AM

Then why did the lady on the phone said it is a new policy and that all new paypal accounts need to be identified and it is in Australia. They can not do business with Australian customers unless this happens? Was she making this up?

danshan 06-26-2013 09:33 AM

Hint ebay and paypal reps dont know anything and lie

rsot 06-26-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danshan (Post 462242)
Hint ebay and paypal reps dont know anything and lie

They will bend the truth to give false hopes and get calls ended sooner

Stealth4 06-26-2013 04:11 PM

How annoying. I thought I am going to now need Id on all new accounts!

GreenBean 06-27-2013 06:37 AM

You may need ID.

Certainly if you get up to the $1000 anti-money laundering limits, that will happen.

:juggle:

invince 06-27-2013 09:15 AM

I use up the money before it hits $800 :)

rsot 06-27-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by invince (Post 462562)
I use up the money before it hits $800 :)

Spread sales across several accounts

chilaxincoro 06-27-2013 11:13 AM

Here are a couple suggestions, Hope this helps

1. Moving money too fast

Cause: One of the most common ways to get an account suspended is by moving money too fast. Let me give you an example.
Let's just say that you received $200 right. Then 5 minutes later you try sending that $50 to someone else or try to buy something with it. Boom, your account gets limited. In PayPal's eyes, the reason why they limited you is that when you move money too fast, it looks suspicious, so they limit your account and stop you dead in the tracks.

So it applies to:
Receive money --> send money Receive money --> withdraw money

Solution: When you receive money in your PayPal account, let it sit in there for 2- 3 days before you try spending it, withdrawing it, or doing anything with your money.

2. Taking in too much money

Cause: The second most common way to get an account suspended is by taking in too much money at one time. Look at it from PayPal's stand-point. If a guy that doesn't have an established history of receiving large amounts of money suddenly starts getting hundreds of dollars at one time, it looks pretty suspicious. Don't be the guy that receives too much money at one time, or you'll get PayPal limiting you and asking you for personal details.

Solution: So how much money is too much? On a newer account, start off by taking payments less than or around $100 and don't let the total balance on the account get above $500. If the money gets near $500, wait a couple days and withdraw it or send it to another account. Of course, when your stealth account gets older, you can start getting larger amounts of money, but if you really want to be safe, that's the general guideline you should follow. Now if you need to receive more money than that, just use multiple stealth accounts to break the payments up.

Another potential outcome if you take in money too fast is that they will ask you for social security information in order to make sure you're properly taxed. Now PayPal quotes that this number is something like 200 transactions of $20,000 a year, whichever comes first. However, if you come out of the gate taking in a lot of money, they'll ask you for social security much sooner. So the best way to combat this is to just receive money through different accounts so the funds are more dispersed.

3. Spending/Withdrawing Exact Amounts of Money/Not leaving any money left in PayPal

Cause: Let's just say that you have $600 in your PayPal balance. If you try to go ahead and withdraw $600, you'll get limited. Always try to leave some money in PayPal, at least 10% (don't make it exact). When you withdraw like all your balance, it makes PayPal think that you're robbing the bank and skipping town. That means it's suspicious, so don't do this.

Solution: Always try to leave some money in PayPal (at least 10%). So for example, if you're withdrawing $600, leave like 60-70 dollars in there, don't withdraw everything. You'd be surprised how many people get limited by this sort of problem.