eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Australia eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/australia-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Stealth and Returns (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/australia-ebay-paypal/61403-stealth-returns.html)

drphilly 06-24-2013 10:05 PM

Stealth and Returns

Hi All

I recently received a message from a buyer demanding a refund. As its a stealth account i'm not too sure what to do regarding a return address. They are being a massive pain about it but I don't want to raise any flags with eb.

Any ideas on what I should do would be appreciated.

cheers.

danshan 06-24-2013 10:10 PM

Refund them and tell them you are moving and will send an address as soon as you move. put the item on ebay 1 day auction low price sell it and have your refunder ship it to the new buyer directly.

Dmshark25 06-24-2013 10:29 PM

I usually just email them directly being u now have their email address from Paypal and tell them what address to send it to, never been questioned the couple times this happened

Dmshark25 06-24-2013 10:32 PM

As for selling it again and have them ship to another buyer could be dangerous as I once was sent an empty envelope on a return ( on real account) wouldn't want to upset 2 buyers, probably won't happen but safely it does

AmazonStealth 06-24-2013 11:15 PM

All of your responses are not good for a long term business. There are plenty of options for renting a mailbox in a legit way where you can send and receive packages without issues.

drphilly 06-25-2013 12:10 AM

I have a mail box but it is linked to another account so I don't want to raise flags... Also, the buyer is insisting that i communicate via EB... transaction has already been completed so it makes no difference to them how we communicate.

AuctionsDenied 06-25-2013 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drphilly (Post 461721)
I have a mail box but it is linked to another account so I don't want to raise flags... Also, the buyer is insisting that i communicate via EB... transaction has already been completed so it makes no difference to them how we communicate.

Just tell them that all returns have to be done through your customer service department and give them an address that is accessible for the return.

GreenBean 06-25-2013 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danshan (Post 461697)
Refund them and tell them you are moving and will send an address as soon as you move. put the item on ebay 1 day auction low price sell it and have your refunder ship it to the new buyer directly.

And have that deal go south?

By the sounds of the description, buyer's name is PITA

More sensible to get a safer address and send off a message please use this address as it is our returns centre.

End the grief, move on to the next good sale

:pop2:

JamesNorth101 06-25-2013 03:09 AM

Depending on the value of the item, I sometimes just have the return it to my stealth address that I do not have access to, give them a full refund, and write off the loss.

drphilly 07-11-2013 09:07 PM

does anyone know if you can have more than one PO Box? This would be a good alternative for a long term stealth account.

MM78 07-12-2013 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 (Post 461750)
Depending on the value of the item, I sometimes just have the return it to my stealth address that I do not have access to, give them a full refund, and write off the loss.

Why not have people return to your real addy?
I personally put my real addy on all packages on all stealths.

GreenBean 07-12-2013 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 466771)

The worry of manual review.

Old habits of using no suspended info on new accounts.

Said to reduce the chances of getting linked.

Safety of new stealth account(s)

:rip:

JamesNorth101 07-12-2013 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 466771)

Simply not worth the risk.

If a customer files a case with ebay and decides to tell ebay the address there were told to send the item to and ebay manually looks that up, that stealth account is all but gone.

Just not worth it for an item that costs a few £.

For much more expensive items I have a postal box not linked to any accounts that I have them return the item to. I still do not tell them the address via ebay messages but email it to them

Better to be over cautious IMO

drphilly 07-14-2013 01:08 AM

Does anyone know if it is OK to have more than one PO Box?

I am having issues with stealth accounts as I don't have an address for customers to actually return items to and I don't want to provide information that might cause other accounts to be linked.

AuctionsDenied 07-14-2013 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drphilly (Post 467234)

Not sure about Down Under, but in the states there is no problem having multiple boxes.

rsot 07-17-2013 11:02 AM

Smaller mom and pop post office places love to do business and in general are better suited to hold multiple po boxes. I have done it in both US and Canada - friendliness and respect go along way...even if items come in different names :thumb:

Stealth4 07-23-2013 04:09 AM

There shouldn't be a issue. You can simply tell them one is for business purposes If they ask You. But why not just open in a different post office.

drphilly 07-24-2013 09:08 AM

I was thinking that but if they type in my name it will show another Po box address under my name

Stealth4 07-25-2013 03:03 AM

Yeah there r many reasons u can make up. Like I said say you are starting a new business and just starting to set things up. Or u can say you may be closing the other one as you come by this post office more often etc

rsot 07-25-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drphilly (Post 470423)
I was thinking that but if they type in my name it will show another Po box address under my name

As an example from here (Canada), I have had double digit amount of po boxes opened in the past for various operations - not just online - even if they choose to type your name, it's fine to have multiple po boxes but best to spread out over OTHER offices. No real problems unless your intention is criminal/fraudulent...

ebaymahem 09-07-2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drphilly (Post 467234)

I am having issues with stealth accounts as I don't have an address for customers to actually return items to and I don't want to provide information that might cause other accounts to be linked.

It is OK to have more than one PO Box in Australia.

You can even pay extra for a redirect service, so you can have multiple PO Boxes that all redirect your mail to a single address.

drphilly 10-13-2013 03:55 AM

Re: Stealth and Returns

what are your thoughts of using Parcel Lockers for stealth accounts (returns)?