eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Australia eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/australia-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Stealth PP bank account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/australia-ebay-paypal/61962-stealth-pp-bank-account.html)

munchkinxx 07-10-2013 11:34 PM

Stealth PP bank account

I've hit a brick wall and I'm not quite sure what to do.

Has anyone had any luck using stealth name on PP and linking it to a bank account in real name? I'm up to the process where I need to add a bank account however the stealth last name is locked it. I called up CBA and they said they don't have any issues with deposits being in a different name. As long as the account details are right, i.e. BSB and account number.

Should I just go ahead and enter my bank details in Paypal with stealth info?

Bit scared of this message on PP:

Enter your name exactly as it appears on your bank account statement. If the names do not match exactly, the transfer will fail and a return fee will be charged.

Changing your name on your PayPal account
Please make sure that the name associated with your PayPal account exactly matches the name on your bank account statement. Otherwise, transfers to and from your PayPal account will not go through, and a return fee will be charged.

Personal and Premier account holders
Contact Customer Service if you need to change the name we have on file for you. Click Help on any PayPal page and select Contact Us. You may make this change for reasons such as a legal name change, a spelling mistake or to add a secondary last name. For security reasons, you will need to provide supporting information. It’s not possible to put your bank account in another person’s name.

Business account holders
If your bank account is in your own name, you’ll need to switch to a PayPal Premier account to make transfers. The only difference between a Business and Premier account is that with a Business account you make transactions using a company or group name, and with a Premier account you make transactions using your own name. Please contact Customer Service to switch to a Premier account or to change the contact name for your business account. Click Help on any PayPal page and select Contact Us.

GreenBean 07-10-2013 11:49 PM

This is an old, old, old trick by paypal.

That message has been on every single OZ paypal I have ever made.

All you do, on the paypal page , is put the BSB and account number and add the stealth name.
CBA is fine with stealth names.

Hope that helps

:peace:

hel 07-11-2013 03:03 AM

it doesn't happen as GreenBean has said

JamesNorth101 07-11-2013 03:54 AM

Just an old scare tactic by PP to deter people from using different names on their PP accounts.

So long as your bank is happy to accept mismatching name deposits, then your good to go :)

Just make sure that PP never need to withdraw money from your account (direct debit for example) as this would be an issue.

munchkinxx 07-11-2013 05:22 AM

YAY. Thanks for the help. Have used stealth info already =)

GreenBean 07-11-2013 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munchkinxx (Post 466582)
YAY. Thanks for the help. Have used stealth info already =)

Good!!!!

Quick tip here........ had you ever thought of a bank transfer to get your funds?

Be careful there.... pm me if you want

:spy:

ebayhater2013 07-13-2013 02:02 AM

More banks?

Hi guys

Do you know any other bank can do this as well? Thanks

GreenBean 07-13-2013 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebayhater2013 (Post 467015)
Hi guys

Do you know any other bank can do this as well? Thanks

Do what?

Only bank in Australia to avoid using is Suncorp.

What do you want to do?

:juggle:

Stealth4 07-19-2013 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 467016)
Do what?

Only bank in Australia to avoid using is Suncorp.

What do you want to do?

:juggle:

Also st george

craigoaus 07-26-2013 04:14 AM

I been using St George for years with no problems (touch wood)

Stealth4 07-27-2013 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craigoaus (Post 471112)
I been using St George for years with no problems (touch wood)

Oh really there was a thread about at George a while ago

craigoaus 07-28-2013 04:32 AM

I only speak from my experience, I do know of someone who was having some problems with St George and we spoke about it the problem and I believe it may have been a one off. My suggestion is try it and see.