eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Australia eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/australia-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   vero (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/australia-ebay-paypal/75300-vero.html)

wbpm1 07-14-2014 11:30 PM

vero

Can anyone fool ebay into believing they own copright for a product when they don't?
I am not planning to do this but a product I was selling (and it is a red hot seller) suddenly became "owned" and I was suspended from trading.
The 'owner' was not listed in ebays Vero program and all I had was a Chinese email that never responded.
One person on ebay is making a killing because he is the only person selling this much wanted product.
I did a google search and it listed the copyright on this product was abandoned 12 months prior.
Has anyone any thoughts?

jeffweico 07-14-2014 11:44 PM

Re: vero

Copyright abandonment is a legally tricky area (see Wikipedia for an explanation). Do you believe this person WAS the copyright holder? It is possible that the information you found on Google is incorrect. It would not seem logical for a copyright owner to abandon their copyright on a product that is sought-after and in demand.

If you believe this person is simply claiming someone else's copyright, then you could try reporting it to eBay, but I don't think your chances of success are very high, and it might even bring further scrutiny to your account.

MM78 07-14-2014 11:52 PM

If the product was abandoned 12 months ago and this new person came along and claimed it then he/she was just that much smarter to claim it theirs and now you really don't have a leg to stand on if they have applied to the VERO program.

Could of, Would of, Should of.......

GreenBean 07-15-2014 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wbpm1 (Post 567154)
Can anyone fool ebay into believing they own copright for a product when they don't?
I am not planning to do this but a product I was selling (and it is a red hot seller) suddenly became "owned" and I was suspended from trading.
The 'owner' was not listed in ebays Vero program and all I had was a Chinese email that never responded.
One person on ebay is making a killing because he is the only person selling this much wanted product.
I did a google search and it listed the copyright on this product was abandoned 12 months prior.
Has anyone any thoughts?

Yes, but I can not share them. :rolleyes:

A person does NOT need to be listed in the ebay VeRo program.

Make of that what you can to resolve your problem.

Fooling ebay is not the way.

Good Luck

:boink: