eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Australia eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/australia-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Sim Card Registration (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/australia-ebay-paypal/94930-sim-card-registration.html)

Stealth4 03-25-2016 02:18 PM

Sim Card Registration

I need to register a sim but I don't want it under my name and ID. Previously I have registered many sims and I don't like the sound of someone asking me why I have so many numbers under my name.

Any how I need to register this sim. I know that Optus, Voda, Telstra and amaysim all check ID through a system where it gets verified.

Anyone know which provider does not check?

aspkin 03-25-2016 06:59 PM

Re: Sim Card Registration

I don't see why it matters... what's your concern?

Stealth4 03-25-2016 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspkin (Post 757355)
I don't see why it matters... what's your concern?

I just feel i will be questioned why i am activating so make sims. There are laws in Australia that each sim registered is sent to a government department. What will i say? I am stealthing and creating ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ebay accoints?

oooSMOKYooo 03-25-2016 10:58 PM

Just search pay as you go sim, surely they have them in Australia?, plenty in the UK..

Stealth4 03-26-2016 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oooSMOKYooo (Post 757386)
Just search pay as you go sim, surely they have them in Australia?, plenty in the UK..

We do have but it gets checked through a verification online

IGNAS 03-26-2016 05:05 AM

What's the registration process? Can you somehow register these numbers on your friends or family?

P.S. That's actually a good system for scam prevention via anonymous phone numbers.
But have they ever questioned you or are you just guessing that they will?

Stealth4 03-26-2016 07:09 AM

Back to original question is there any service provider in Australia that doesn't go through a verification process. Any?

Stealth4 03-26-2016 07:40 AM

I don't get how anyone cant see this an issue. For example you want to open 20 new ebay accounts this year. You buy 20 vodafone sim cards. You register these 20 sim cards under you ID as stealth does not work. Vodafone sees you have just registered 20 new numbers. By law vodafone sends these info to authorities who deal with anti tr law in Australia. You will get flagged and might have cops at your front door. So what do you say? "Umm i was trying to stealth ebay and paypal so i could sell things under a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name" .. then i am sure you will need to hand them your laptop and computers and all other devices to check. You may get charged with fraud or best case your out of business for a long time and it will take a lot of courage to continue stealthing after that experience.

Everyone is taking things very lightly including ATO issues and having money in your account under different names.

Had a look at my NAB account and it actually says on the deposites paypal john smith (not my name) .... $229

There must be a better way

JamesNorth101 03-26-2016 07:58 AM

Why would you have police at your front door for having 20 phone numbers? Nothing illegal in that is there?

realdeals 03-26-2016 08:05 AM

Not everyone who uses 20 sims in a year is a drug dealer or terrorist.

Fair enough, 90% are, but not everyone.:pound:

DotDot 03-26-2016 11:22 AM

I've done this numerous times. It's time consuming but it works.

I call vodafone activation number and got through to an operator. told them i can't register online. give me error but i want to activate phone. Operator will tell you that if you give them your details and the ID number they will do for you. just tell them random number and random name. they will then put id number in and say sorry our system keep saying error. then say oh i need phone activate now. can you help? they will then say. ok we can activate now with details you just provided us on the condition that you take ID in store in the next 30 days. they will tell you that you need to bring the ID to the store and phone number will only be active for 60 days if you don't bring ID to their store. They tell you if you don't bring ID to store that number will be de-activated in 60 days. Say ok and thank you.

phone is now activated.

Time consuming cos the whole conversation can take up to 10 minutes because the operator talks alot. Will try to sell you some products as well.

I've done this numerous times.

Stealth4 03-26-2016 03:30 PM

Thanks dotdot. That is helpful. But do you know if number does actually deactivate in 60 days.

Stealth4 03-26-2016 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 (Post 757442)
Why would you have police at your front door for having 20 phone numbers? Nothing illegal in that is there?

Its suspicious. I am not saying you will get a sentence but they will investigate. It is not a normal thing to do to register that many sims under your name.

koolbrian 03-26-2016 08:59 PM

I am not sure if this is going to help you but let me share my story here. Last year I visited Sydney (after receiving PR status it was my first visit) and I bought a lyca sim card from a store, then the seller guy asked me to register with id and I asked him, if it is possible by calling customer care, he said yes. So I took the SIM, put it on my phone and called the customer care number showed on the sim package. Some girl picked up and asked me for details, I gave here address name etc. and for id shed asked for driver's license or passport so I said, I don't have any Australian driver's license yet as I have just arrived and I gave her my passport no. Important here is, the passport details I gave her was already expired and I had a new passport with a new number. So I just gave her passport no and some future date for expire date. The girl said everything is fine and your sim is registered, you can use it now.
Sorry for the long detailed post but the point to be noted here first, I have some asian passport (the number I gave her) and that was actually my old passport which was already expired. I don't think they have any system for checking that.
Second point is, I came back to Holland and after few months I checked but the sim was deactivated so I believe later they checked or something and disabled the sim.

So finally you need the sim for just a few days to verify, you can always made up a story like this. I think it will work and serve your purpose.

Another great way could be, you can buy AU numbers from Hushed, virtual sim or similar apps which costs like $4-$5, though I am not sure if that works with ebay or pp.

I will be moving to Australia soon, so if you like to share more, feel free to contact. May be we can share our knowledge to find better solutions because you know sharing is caring :D:D

easy.bake.oven 03-27-2016 01:11 AM

In your land, what happens is a visitor comes on holiday and need a sim for a few weeks.

When I go on holiday, in the airport, there are many stalls that have sims that do not need registering, so I use them.
Also, when on holiday (not in AU), the local shops have sim cards that do not need registering so its handy for the tourist traveller.

Does not your land provide these sims?

If not, what does a tourist do if the want a local sim for the duration of their vacation?

In the airport, I always grab a big handful of sims and say that my 'group' will be arriving soon and we need them to say in contact for safety for the duration of our journey.
They know me so well now, they just give me a bunch!

Stealth4 03-27-2016 01:49 AM

Oven hot pizza... not sure what is happening in my land at the moment lol.. you make a good point though

Klemantina 08-14-2016 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DotDot (Post 757484)
I've done this numerous times. It's time consuming but it works.

I call vodafone activation number and got through to an operator. told them i can't register online. give me error but i want to activate phone. Operator will tell you that if you give them your details and the ID number they will do for you. just tell them random number and random name. they will then put id number in and say sorry our system keep saying error. then say oh i need phone activate now. can you help? they will then say. ok we can activate now with details you just provided us on the condition that you take ID in store in the next 30 days. they will tell you that you need to bring the ID to the store and phone number will only be active for 60 days if you don't bring ID to their store. They tell you if you don't bring ID to store that number will be de-activated in 60 days. Say ok and thank you.

phone is now activated.

Time consuming cos the whole conversation can take up to 10 minutes because the operator talks alot. Will try to sell you some products as well.

I've done this numerous times.

Did anyone try this method? it still works?