eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Australia eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/australia-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Can banks give paypal my information if I owe paypal $ (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/australia-ebay-paypal/96059-can-banks-give-paypal-my-information-if-i-owe-paypal.html)

Klemantina 05-03-2016 06:14 PM

Can banks give paypal my information if I owe paypal $

I was robbed and my laptop+all backup usb+notebook gone. 90% restored, 10% of accounts gone forever because I can't remember even the email name.
From now on I'm backing up in 3 different places in case 2 of them getting robbed the same day.

I'm sure some of the customers will open cases and the balance will eventually go negative because I can't take care of it because I can't log to my mail,paypal or ebay.
In the worst case I will have like 1k negative balance if I'm really unlucky.
Can my banks (HSBC and Westpac) provide Paypal my real details if I owe Paypal+eBay $?
If yes, can they add interest % on the money I owe them or they can just charge me with whatever I owe them?
If they sell my debt to a debt collector, can they add interest %? will my bank provide details to them?

GreenBean 05-03-2016 06:19 PM

Re: Can banks give paypal my information if I owe paypal $

If you ignore demands for repayment, then paypal may chase up the debts.

Now listen to this please and ask more questions if you need.

paypal have staff that make calls to banks to chase up DEBT RECOVERY.
Although legally info is not meant to be given out, info can be shared in the course of a converstation.
:eek:

Klemantina 05-03-2016 06:41 PM

I don't mind paying the debt but I can't access my accounts to pay it. What really pissing me off is that people will open cases that I can solve but I'll not respond so they will get 100% refund.

So banks aren't allowed to share my info with Paypal but they will share it during the conversation? I'm confused. Should I expect a call in couple of months or years? they will add interest or not?

Thanks for the help :)

GreenBean 05-03-2016 06:48 PM

Interest can be payable on debts in OZ, yes.

You have no means of tracking any info?

Klemantina 05-03-2016 06:56 PM

I restored 90% of the accounts but unfortunately the rest is gone. I can't remember the mail because it was something like johnsmith34829 and the password had even more random numbers, the phones are gone a year ago and they were 2$ sim cards.
I assumed that backing it up on a usb+2 laptops+ notebook will be enough. I never thought that the thief will be smart enough to take the notebook.

How big is the interest? do they add it monthly or daily? how long will I wait for the phone call? are you 100% sure they will contact me? can they wait for years until it reaches 5 figures?

GreenBean 05-03-2016 07:04 PM

The usual practice is follow up to recover the debt. Time frame differs for amounts, in my experience.

Interest does acrue.

Klemantina 05-03-2016 07:23 PM

There is a good chance that the debt will reach around 500$ on each account, if they can 100% get my info from the bank they will just wait until it reaches a serious amount or they will contact me as soon as they get my real details? I looked on different forums and it seems people being contacted for owing 50$+ but they all had their names and addresses so my case is different.

How long it gets to the point of calling me? What happens if I just close the bank accounts attached to the Paypal accounts?
If I will pay the amount as soon as I get the phone call will it affect my credit rating?
This is so ridiculous, should I call my bank and explain the situation? maybe they can call paypal and ask my stealth details? as far as i know it's not illegal to trade under john smith to protect my identity right? so it seems like I don't have anything to worry about if I just call and explain it to the bank and paypal. I know they will suspend the paypal acc and funds will be frozen but at least I will not lose my credit rating right?

What would you do in my situation?

GreenBean 05-03-2016 07:29 PM

How many bank accounts and paypal accounts involved here?

Are the banks different too?

Klemantina 05-03-2016 07:42 PM

5 accs per bank, 3 accounts are gone, they are from hsbc, westpac and Melbourne which is part of westpac. I guess the worst case is closing 10 of the accounts and restricting me from the bank? can it get worse?
I'm 99% sure that they will share it with other banks and I might end up losing my entire business. How far can it go?

Best case scenario, the balance will get to a small negative amount and my bank will not give my info?

Worst case scenario, they wait and add interest to the debt, get my info from the bank, my credit score goes down, they restrict me from the bank for using stealth pp, then other banks see me on the bad list, restrict me too and all my paypal accs going down :violin:
I wonder if it can end up even worse. What do you think?

rsot 05-03-2016 08:18 PM

In general, banks are unlikely to provide any info unless there is subpoena or law enforcement is involved. Make it your priority to square up with the banks - keep them happy by avoiding owing THEM money...policy in general applies worldwide and 1k is not really a crazy balance in my opinion

Klemantina 05-03-2016 08:49 PM

I never owed anyone money, I can cover the possible 1-2k as soon as I get the call. Here is what I think might happen. They will wait and add interest until the 1k turns into 10k, then my bank will give my info and I will have to pay 10k+lose credit rating+possibly lose all the accounts.
According to my knowledge the big companies are very greedy and they don't care, they will do everything they can to charge as much as possible which is why I think they will wait and someday will charge me a ridiculous amount of money. Even if now the law is possibly on my side and the bank will not share the info, it might become legal some day and then they will charge me.

rsot 05-03-2016 11:13 PM

Who will add interest - pp? They don't add interest to amounts owed last time I checked. Banks will charge interest though so as long as your first priority is squaring up with the bank, then you can deal with the pp side of things.

Klemantina 05-04-2016 11:20 AM

I will just have to wait until they call. Hopefully the bank will not share my info with pp.

oompaloompa 05-05-2016 05:10 AM

where did you hear they wait and add interest etc etc...I would think they try and recover as soon as possible..waiting does not help their recovery process...

also you are not mentioning the info this robber has? they could access other accounts.....?

I think you should wait and see if you get a call or not. There is no need to tell the bank about your stealth activities, I can see that back-firing...

I have had 2 such experiences, so maybe this will help.

Many many years ago I got a chargeback for something that was delivered and signed for, stating INR, a very expensive item going to a legit business address, I re-shipped and buyer stated neither received and got chargeback, I was out the money and the re-shipped item. Paypal said they fought it but I lost...I had stealth details but a real home phone number from previous home landline was on there. I closed bank and nothing happened other than emails, I do not know if they called the landline but I did not hear about it from home owner...I remember talking on execs about it, and being really worried.....

second case was recently, I am not so worried, as I have been through it before!! ebay account got hacked, someone sold something and then transfered the money in my paypal to another paypal, I got no notifications via email, think they changed the email on it too, mystery... only found out when I logged in, I called and emailed paypal and ebay, they were useless and didnt help, I went NARU with neg balance, I again got emails, the phone is a sim card somewhere, I told them via email that is was stealth and where to stick it....again nothing happned so far other than automated emails.......

Klemantina 05-05-2016 12:17 PM

I asked if they can add interest and i'm not sure if they can but if they do, why wouldn't they add interest until it reaches a serious amount to sue me? (paypal, not the bank)

In case the person that will buy my stuff will be smart enough to do something I changed all the passwords.

I can't tell my bank about it, if I had 1 or 2 accounts I probably would call and say it's under my uncles name or something just to check what they might do. I'm pretty sure they don't care because it's not illegal to have stealth paypals, if it was, Mr. aspkin wouldn't be free or maybe it's different in Australia and it's not legal here?

It's weird that the bank will have phone calls from paypal and they will not close me or do anything despite the fact that I owe paypal money.

The banks were attached to your paypal right? How can paypal not restore their funds if they have all the proof that it was your account, they can show how the account regularly transferred money to the bank account which is 100% proof. If they have 100% proof they should be able to get your real identity from the bank and send the debt collectors and even sue eventually.
It doesn't make sense to me. It can't be such a big loophole.

Play 05-05-2016 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klemantina (Post 767973)
Worst case scenario, they wait and add interest to the debt, get my info from the bank, my credit score goes down, they restrict me from the bank for using stealth pp, then other banks see me on the bad list, restrict me too and all my paypal accs going down :violin:
I wonder if it can end up even worse. What do you think?

You could trip over a banana skin and hurt yourself? :pry:

Klemantina 05-05-2016 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play (Post 768551)
You could trip over a banana skin and hurt yourself? :pry:

I'm glad that you find my thread amusing. Thanks for your contributions, I will download a banana skin alert app to make sure I'm safe from evil banana skins.

Play 05-05-2016 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klemantina (Post 768601)
I'm glad that you find my thread amusing. Thanks for your contributions, I will download a banana skin alert app to make sure I'm safe from evil banana skins.

Was just adding a little humour to a daunting situation. Wish you luck.

Klemantina 05-05-2016 03:54 PM

I thought about it couple of days and came to a conclusion that I will never be 100% sure they will not come to collect their debt in the far future. Even if now the law restricts the banks to provide my information to Paypal, in the future there is a high possibility it will change and the attached bank account+regular payments is enough to prove it was me.
Which means, they will add interest if they can and one day I will pay a much bigger debt.
Hopefully this day will never come. I'm sure a lot of innocent people will lose a lot but also scammers will finally get what they deserve.

Play 05-05-2016 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klemantina (Post 768618)
I thought about it couple of days and came to a conclusion that I will never be 100% sure they will not come to collect their debt in the far future. Even if now the law restricts the banks to provide my information to Paypal, in the future there is a high possibility it will change and the attached bank account+regular payments is enough to prove it was me.
Which means, they will add interest if they can and one day I will pay a much bigger debt.
Hopefully this day will never come. I'm sure a lot of innocent people will lose a lot but also scammers will finally get what they deserve.

Have you tried reaching out to ebay/paypal explaining to them you are willing to resolve disputes, but are having difficulty doing so?

if you could keep such correspondence strictly in writing, and paypal/ebay don't do their part, you can use that against them in the near future. At least that will help against accruing of interest.

If your in debt, its usually debt collection agencies who will deal with the matter. Sobbing stories dont play well with them. Their there for commission. I would get everything in writing, ASAP.

GreenBean 05-05-2016 08:06 PM

Play is on the money.

paypal OZ find accounts with the same bank in negative, they are not going to sit around and be nice. At the worst, they will sell the deby quickyl THEN interest will accrue.

So keep that in mind wth replies from other countries.

May be better to be proactive now.

:peace:

Klemantina 05-05-2016 09:08 PM

I can't remember the email so I can't call Paypal and I can't call the bank because i'm risking to lose everything so all I can is sit and wait for the debt agency to find me and hope that they will not add too much interest.

Is there any point in the future where I can feel safe from being taken to court over this ridiculous situation? I mean does the debt get old after 3 or 5 or 10 years or there is no limit to the time they can add interest?

How the hell am I supposed to explain my bank to call me when paypal calls about a debt under a different name? should I do that?