eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Bank Accounts (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/bank-accounts/)
-   -   Unable To Own A Bank Account - Alternatives? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/bank-accounts/114186-unable-own-bank-account-alternatives.html)

Jturner1 01-23-2018 08:57 AM

Unable To Own A Bank Account - Alternatives?

My credit is absolute **** and I cannot bank at really any bank, but only prepaid ones. Is there a alternative that works with Amazon or ebay? I cannot get a credit card or debit card tied to a actual account. I plan on filing bankruptcy but until then, what could I do?

rsot 01-23-2018 08:59 AM

Re: Unable To Own A Bank Account - Alternatives?

Payoneer seemed to work on Az but not for eB.

What happened - how come you messed up your credit file/history?

Jturner1 01-23-2018 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 896891)
Payoneer seemed to work on Az but not for eB.

What happened - how come you messed up your credit file/history?

Oh ok, I just got a Payoneer card in the mail, I got to figure out how to load it, thanks for the advice.

Being thrown on the streets at a young age without notice, becoming homeless with bills that got out of hand.

phaz0rz 01-23-2018 09:55 AM

Work on your credit man. It's not that hard. If you have $200 you can spare, you can go into a credit union and start a secured loan. You give them your $200 as collateral and they loan you $200. (I recommend a credit union because the one I work with doesn't charge any origination fee, where Wells Fargo would charge $50 for the same loan) Pay it off after a few weeks and then repeat this process dozens of times until your credit score is in the 700's. I'm in the 750's after maybe a year and I started @ 525 (no credit history).

For us in the US there's really no alternative to an FDIC/NCUA insured checking/savings account.

yankee 01-23-2018 10:02 AM

Credit score makes little or no difference to many banks and credit unions if not most in the USA. They may not offer you interest accounts or over draft protection, but you still can have a checking and savings account.

It is check systems that holds you back. What is on that? How much do you owe a bank? That usually can be cleared up in minutes if you have the available cash on hand and sometimes if it is old, open an account with the same bank without clearing the old debt.

phaz0rz 01-23-2018 10:39 AM

You can get a copy of your Chex report here if you aren't sure about the status of yours:
https://www.chexsystems.com/web/chex...ACTAFreeReport

I was turned down at a credit union for having no credit history though. Tis the primary reason I started building credit.

Jturner1 01-23-2018 11:14 AM

BB&T charged me almost $1,000 in over draft fees because eBay kept hitting my account, because I had over 50 items to ship the day I was thrown to the street. As crazy as it sounds my dad got strung out on Meth and went skit Zo thinking I was out to get him. He the stole the 80k in inventory I had there, and absolutely everything I owned down to my tooth brush. I spent 8 months in a shelter after that, and the police told me to get a life when I attempted to obtain stuff and allowed him to steal my vehicles as well. That' was the start of my credit being screwed as well for my life for a good while afterwards.

phaz0rz 01-23-2018 11:39 AM

Sounds like a typical meth user. I'm sorry to hear about your circumstances man but I'm glad to hear you're starting to get back on your feet (or you're at least trying).

You could get an EIN and open business bank accounts.

Jturner1 01-23-2018 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 896916)
Sounds like a typical meth user. I'm sorry to hear about your circumstances man but I'm glad to hear you're starting to get back on your feet (or you're at least trying).

You could get an EIN and open business bank accounts.

Thanks, I'm getting there. Using a EIN wouldn't allow the bank to see my personal credit?

phaz0rz 01-23-2018 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jturner1 (Post 896920)
Thanks, I'm getting there. Using a EIN wouldn't allow the bank to see my personal credit?

I believe a sole proprietor EIN would still be tied to your personal credit, but not an LLC/corporation EIN. Your LLC credit history would be separate from your personal credit history unless you deliberately tie the two together by doing something like applying for a business loan with your SSN.

The catch is your EIN wouldn't have any credit at all. That's not usually a factor unless you're applying for credit though. It wouldn't be hard to start yourself a credit profile for your EIN - there are businesses who offer business credit building as a service.

https://www.creditkarma.com/question...-they-seperate

newjerseymax 01-23-2018 12:26 PM

Im sorry man! Just remember that everything happens for a reason and you might not know until later in life, if ever.

I feel you. I was homeless too for a while when I was young. I used to sleep under lifeguard stand for shelter at night.

Now I own my house ouright, no payments and cars without payments. I dont have any debt because my credit score was so low I paid all in cash and in time my score wnet up and its been around 790.

Keep making right decisions and you can turn it around!

Have a bleesed day and sending you awesome vibes!

Jturner1 01-23-2018 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newjerseymax (Post 896924)
Im sorry man! Just remember that everything happens for a reason and you might not know until later in life, if ever.

I feel you. I was homeless too for a while when I was young. I used to sleep under lifeguard stand for shelter at night.

Now I own my house ouright, no payments and cars without payments. I dont have any debt because my credit score was so low I paid all in cash and in time my score wnet up and its been around 790.

Keep making right decisions and you can turn it around!

Have a bleesed day and sending you awesome vibes!

Thanks everyone for all the helpful Information, and encouragement. Very much appreciated!!

yankee 01-23-2018 02:45 PM

EIN will remove you from the check systems or credit score but you will still have to supply the users SS number, aka you by law. You should not have issues.

yankee 01-23-2018 02:49 PM

You will have to file your EIN with a state. Depending on your state it could be very little or a lot.

Have you talked to BB&T and see if you can work something out? It is possible. I am not saying likely but possible.

Jturner1 01-23-2018 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 896940)
You will have to file your EIN with a state. Depending on your state it could be very little or a lot.

Have you talked to BB&T and see if you can work something out? It is possible. I am not saying likely but possible.

Thanks for the info. Bank manager last name is is Hartless and she lives to her name.