eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Bank Accounts (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/bank-accounts/)
-   -   Question re: mastercard gift cards (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/bank-accounts/117447-question-re-mastercard-gift-cards.html)

StealthGirl 05-16-2018 06:02 PM

Question re: mastercard gift cards

Hello. This is my first post here. I've been lurking for years because paypal closed my account when I was in college. It had my social security number attached to it. I run my own business now and many of my clients insist on paying me via paypal so here I am.

I have a few stealth accounts and have recently noticed that those with mstercard gift cards attached to them are showing them as an option when withdrawing funds. These are gift cards that one can purchase at stores like target and hope depot.

I attempted to withdraw $40 into one of them. The transaction was cancelled within minutes.

Does anyone happen to know why those cards are showing up as options to withdraw money into?

phaz0rz 05-16-2018 06:04 PM

Re: Question re: mastercard gift cards

Either it's a glitch, or they're about to open up card withdrawals to all Visa/MC (doubtful).

Does the card show up as "prepaid" from within the money tab of your account?

StealthGirl 05-16-2018 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 920437)
Either it's a glitch, or they're about to open up card withdrawals to all Visa/MC (doubtful).

Does the card show up as "prepaid" from within the money tab of your account?

I just realized that I posted this in the wrong forum. Sorry!

Yes, the cards are showing up as prepaid within the money tab. I first noticed this about a month ago across all of my stealth accounts. None of the visa gift cards that I have show up as an option when withdrawing money. It's just the mastercards. I thought I took a picture of the screen a few weeks ago when I withdrew money, but I guess I didn't. I have some money that I am withdrawing from the account attached to my mom's home address and IP. I will grab a screen shot of it in a few days when I go over there to get my money out.

StealthGirl 05-16-2018 07:17 PM

Ok I found one picture. This particular stealth does not have a real bank account or debit card attached to it because I mostly use it to fund online purchases. Its at least five years. I'll be adding a bank account soon due to the new policies in place.

The accounts with real debit cards and bank accounts attached to them are also giving me the option to withdraw the funds to a mastercard gift card. As I stated above, I tried it and it didn't work. Paypal never sent me an e-mail that it was declined. I logged back in after a few minutes and saw that the funds had been returned to the account

http://oi67.tinypic.com/xn7lza.jpg

phaz0rz 05-16-2018 07:30 PM

That's really cool to see. Too bad it doesn't work. I'm not able to use the card withdrawal feature with most of my real debit cards because the financial institution doesn't support ACH push's.