eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Bank Accounts (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/bank-accounts/)
-   -   CashApp Bank Account (Not Debit) (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/bank-accounts/125433-cashapp-bank-account-not-debit.html)

wormat22 04-12-2019 02:07 PM

CashApp Bank Account (Not Debit)

So I had a fresh stealth account that I had linked to my CashApp bank account (through their direct deposit routing and account numbers)

This successfully worked, I was able to receive two F&F payments totalling ~$150, and was able to transfer them to my CashApp bank account no problem

Today, however, someone attempted to send me a payment and my account was permanently limited on the spot

Does anyone know if this might be related to my using CashApp as the bank account even though that transfer went through problem?

phaz0rz 04-12-2019 02:53 PM

Re: CashApp Bank Account (Not Debit)

No. It's because of the repeated friends and family payments. Paypal doesn't like it when users attempt avoiding their fees in such an obvious way.

wormat22 04-12-2019 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 993902)
No. It's because of the repeated friends and family payments. Paypal doesn't like it when users attempt avoiding their fees in such an obvious way.

Even though it was just the two? I have multiple other fresh accounts that have also received just F&F payments, and they have been fine.
Or have I just gotten lucky with those?

EDIT: I called them up and they said it was because there was another user with some piece of information that is the same as mine (SSN, Address, Phone, etc). Odd they didn't do anything when the number was first verified, but I guess I'll have to start making my own stealth's again and make sure everything's done the right way

Weirdly though, I played really dumb on the phone and basically went full Shaggy Defense, tell them it was clearly me, playing totally helpless, and the customer service agent eventually gave in and asked when my I registered the phone number on my account?
I said a week or two ago (when I registered the account), and she then asked if it was a new number?
To which I responded, yes - I just got a new number at work. She then told me she was going to escalate this to the back office so they can see when I verified the number and that I should hear back from them via e-mail in 24-72 hours to see if they can unlimit the account

tablain 04-13-2019 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 993902)

That i can assure, never be a case of closure.
Like as OP state pp confirms same details issue or usually when suspicious fund knock you.

wormat22 04-13-2019 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tablain (Post 993979)
That i can assure, never be a case of closure.
Like as OP state pp confirms same details issue or usually when suspicious fund knock you.

I didn't think the bank was a factor (given successful 2-3 day micro confirm), but I would have thought they would have caught the account before I received money with it and withdrew it...PP is weird AF sometimes