eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Bank Accounts (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/bank-accounts/)
-   -   Uh oh, just got the managed payments signup email, HELP!!! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/bank-accounts/140189-uh-oh-just-got-managed-payments-signup-email-help.html)

Twocoolt 11-17-2020 07:53 PM

Uh oh, just got the managed payments signup email, HELP!!!

I got this email from eBay just a little bit ago:

All sellers receiving this email are required to update their account details by 12/31

Who's eligible for the Offer?
Only invited eBay users who have completed the entire managed payments sign-up flow are eligible. Sorry, no forwarding—Offer is not transferable.
How to earn and redeem your Coupon:
1. Complete the entire sign-up flow for managed payments by 11:59PM PT on December 1st, 2020 to receive the coupon.
2. Receive your $15 off coupon by email and on eBay.com in My eBay: Messages by December 11th, 2020.
3. See below for coupon terms & conditions.
Terms & Conditions:
Offer valid on Eligible Purchases of $15 or more made on or before 12/24/2020. Valid only for purchases from eBay.com. Item(s) must be delivered to a U.S. address and not returned to remain eligible. Users who remain eligible will receive a $15 off coupon in My eBay: Messages and by email to their registered address by 12/11/2020. Limit one coupon per user.

Eligible Purchases exclude purchases made with a coupon, as well as purchases of warranties and protection plans, and items from the Coins & Paper Money, Gift Cards & Coupons, Vehicles from eBay Motors, and Real Estate categories. Only invited eBay members registered to use managed payments with an address located in the United States are eligible for the Coupon.

Coupon is subject to U.S laws, void where prohibited, not redeemable for cash, has no face value, and cannot be combined with any other Coupon, or when paying with PayPal Credit Easy Payments or Gift Cards. Any unused difference between discount amount, as shown on the Coupon, and the purchase price of item(s) in a single transaction (or cart) will be forfeited. eBay may cancel, amend, or revoke the Coupon at any time.

This is my first account to get the managed payments signup, is the account gone? I’m not even using anything close to my real name on this stealth account. TIA!

phaz0rz 11-17-2020 08:15 PM

Re: Uh oh, just got the managed payments signup email, HELP!!!

I got by fine transitioning my first stealth account into MP. I just gave them my real info (which, like you, was totally different than the details on the account) and my real LLC info.. and they let me in. 2nd account went just as smoothly.

Anyway, you have nothing to lose. You're going to have to make the switch sooner or later if you want to keep selling. Might as well do it now. :noidea:

Twocoolt 11-18-2020 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 1125459)
I got by fine transitioning my first stealth account into MP. I just gave them my real info (which, like you, was totally different than the details on the account) and my real LLC info.. and they let me in. 2nd account went just as smoothly.

Anyway, you have nothing to lose. You're going to have to make the switch sooner or later if you want to keep selling. Might as well do it now. :noidea:

Thank you phaz0rz, I will give it a shot! [emoji3526]

Twocoolt 11-19-2020 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 1125459)

I clicked on the message to update now and in eBay it is asking to verify existing details for the name and address. I thought stealth rules say to not input real info in eBay? Then it wants DOB and SSN or ITIN. Did you get the same screen? This account is not a business account so I don’t know if I can put in my business info anywhere.

phaz0rz 11-19-2020 09:34 AM

Yeah, I got the same screen. It is what it is. Stealth is dead in the USA and is never coming back.

So far I've had to give my real name and SSN on both accounts I upgraded. There's no way of getting around it without committing fraud - which isn't something I'm willing to do in the operation of my business.

Both of my eBay accounts were technically "personal" accounts since I never went through the trouble of switching them over to business accounts. They both had payments going into business Paypal accounts.

Now both of those formerly stealth accounts are 100% legitimate accounts with each having its own LLC info on file. I think the fact that I'm using multiple LLC's is the only reason they've allowed me more than one account in MP.

(Probably not what you're wanting to hear but this has been my honest experience so far. I'm trying to roll with the punches just like everyone else.)

Twocoolt 11-19-2020 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 1125833)
Yeah, I got the same screen. It is what it is. Stealth is dead in the USA and is never coming back.

So far I've had to give my real name and SSN on both accounts I upgraded. There's no way of getting around it without committing fraud - which isn't something I'm willing to do in the operation of my business.

Both of my eBay accounts were technically "personal" accounts since I never went through the trouble of switching them over to business accounts. They both had payments going into business Paypal accounts.

Now both of those formerly stealth accounts are 100% legitimate accounts with each having its own LLC info on file. I think the fact that I'm using multiple LLC's is the only reason they've allowed me more than one account in MP.

(Probably not what you're wanting to hear but this has been my honest experience so far. I'm trying to roll with the punches just like everyone else.)

Gotcha, I have no intention of committing fraud either. I was making sure I wasn’t missing something in the signup process. Unfortunately, my sales volume does not justify creating additional LLCs for each eBay account unless I can find a niche that sells like gang busters.

I may need to find other avenues of selling, like my own websites or through social media etc once the other accounts require moving to MP. Thanks for answering my questions. [emoji4]

phaz0rz 11-19-2020 10:39 AM

Why not make more LLC's? Are you in one of the states which has to pay recurring LLC fees to your state? In my state it's a $110 one time fee and then you have an LLC until you cancel it. It's less of an investment than the annual VPN plans I buy for my accounts.. and I only have to pay it once.

It's no more complicated at tax time than 1 LLC. They are all pass through entities so all accounting is done together and reported on a schedule C.

Twocoolt 11-19-2020 11:36 AM

It’s $109 in my state if I do it myself, the only other fees would be biennial reports filed every odd numbered year for about $90.

I guess after the initial one I setup it wouldn’t be that bad as long as I don’t need to convert them all at once.

phaz0rz 11-19-2020 01:43 PM

Worth a shot :noidea: