eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Bank Accounts (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/bank-accounts/)
-   -   UK Business Bank Acc Suggestions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/bank-accounts/147605-uk-business-bank-acc-suggestions.html)

dagsky 05-14-2022 04:15 AM

UK Business Bank Acc Suggestions

Hi guys, any advice on which UK bank is easy to open a Business acc for a new LTD company. All details are 100% legit, just a new LTD. I recall a few years ago i tried Barclays, Natwest & HSBC but it wasn't easy.

I opened a Tide Business acc which i intended on using with a new Amz but it's no good for Amz according to the seller forums.

Hank 05-14-2022 05:00 AM

Re: UK Business Bank Acc Suggestions

How did you open the Limited Company? Most of the formation agents offer a bank account service.

JamesNorth101 05-14-2022 05:10 AM

Anna and Starling are both easy to open up and work really well

e2free 05-14-2022 11:35 AM

For amazon Tide and another account works fine, no issue at all, monzo, wise, Tide are very easy to open

rsot 05-14-2022 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e2free (Post 1192312)
For amazon Tide and another account works fine, no issue at all, monzo, wise, Tide are very easy to open

Interesting to note about Tide

Hank 05-15-2022 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e2free (Post 1192312)

Wise and Tide are not currently accepted PSPs for new accounts.

dagsky 05-16-2022 06:27 AM

thanks for everyone's input, much appreciated!

@HANK - i used Tide Business directly to open company as they're offering free company formation.

@E2FREE - Are you sure you can use Tide Business Acc for NEW accounts?

@HANK - I did do a bit of research before i opened a tide business acc, it appears from their jargon that Business Accs are provided by " ClearBank" whilst their standard accs are e-payment accs.

Ideally i'm just looking to avoid a blemish on a brand new legitimate acc with AMZ & at the same time trying to avoid another credit search for a different bank acc.

e2free 05-16-2022 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hank (Post 1192340)
Wise and Tide are not currently accepted PSPs for new accounts.

Last account I setup on wise 2 weeks ago they don't accept wise bank statement but for bank account they do,

dagsky 05-17-2022 07:07 AM

Whilst we're on the topic of AMZ, are mobile phone bills in the company name accepted as a utility bill? I have seen 2-3 threads on the amz forums which claim that they're accepted if they are in the company name but i have no personal experience using them. I just usually change broadband into company name when i need a utility bill but it works out expensive to keep doing it.

e2free 05-18-2022 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dagsky (Post 1192501)
Whilst we're on the topic of AMZ, are mobile phone bills in the company name accepted as a utility bill? I have seen 2-3 threads on the amz forums which claim that they're accepted if they are in the company name but i have no personal experience using them. I just usually change broadband into company name when i need a utility bill but it works out expensive to keep doing it.

Never seen them accepted

JamesNorth101 05-18-2022 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dagsky (Post 1192501)

Usually they want an actual utility bill and they don't count phone bills as one.

dagsky 05-20-2022 06:30 AM

Thanks for the replies guys! I guess some misleading info on the amz forums then.

Any suggestions on utility bills for a business acc? Changing my broadband bill to a new company name will cost me over £300 as it's changing mid contract. With Gas & Elec prices as they are no chance of changing that. Or perhaps go with a document provider?

Pandoras_box 05-20-2022 07:28 AM

TSB, Natwest, Santander, HSBC and Metro were the easiest for us in that particular order. TSB and HSBC don't make a fuss if you move large sums. Metro has the most exorbitant charges.
I wouldn't touch Tide or Starling even if I intend to save for my cat.
The only 'bank' of that sort we use is Revolut, which is for eBay refunds.

TSB is less apt to ask for documents if you're on the electoral register, and of course, they can verify your company details on Companies House. I suspect the reason is that they offer no facilities, so there's less risk for them.