eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Canada eBay Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/canada-ebay-discussions/)
-   -   Best banks in Canada? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/canada-ebay-discussions/17225-best-banks-canada.html)

s7evin 03-15-2010 12:45 PM

Best banks in Canada?

Hello everyone,

I'm wondering what's the best banks you recommend here in Canada? That work without problems, with paypal..

I'm already with the RBC, which I love by the way!

I'm planing to open another bank account in another bank, but I'm still hesitating, I have an appointment tomorrow with Desjardins..

Thank you for your time.

jesseinkaron 03-16-2010 08:52 PM

What banks have a problem with 3rd party transfers ?

I can report that I have had no problems with TD/CanadaTrust

However CIBC had rejected paypal payments due to 3rd party transfers from paypal in names other than my own ( stealth names )

It would be useful to hear from others about what Canadian banks are workinf for them ?

suza 03-16-2010 10:07 PM

I Am using ING Direct Canada with no problem. However PP account must be the same or a close variant from your real name.
Using Bank Of montreal, works like a charm.
Also using RBC, the best of all, you can open up to 4 accounts with no problems, I opened a cheque and saving accounts at first, then opened a second saving account, then finaly a USD currency account.

I have opened TD Canada trust and Scotia Bank accounts, but didn't used them yet, would appreciate to know if there is no issue to use them with stealth accounts.

jesseinkaron 03-17-2010 05:15 AM

BMO and RBC ?

Susan ,

I have almost 10 accounts with TD , and the same with CIBC.
However CIBC complained about my many accounts and my 3rd party transfers.
Does BMO and or RBC allow paypal payments in 3rd party names ?

thanks

Jesse

suza 03-17-2010 08:47 AM

jesseinkaron,
That great to know that it's possible to get as many accounts with TD CT. I have just opened an account with them, I'll wait a bit then I'll open some other saving and checking accounts. Are all the accounts belongs to you? (Same name?)

RBC and BMO accept deposits from different names, I'm using them since over a year with no troubles at all.

What's good with ING Direct is that all you need to open an account online is to send them a cheque with $20 or $25, then 3 days later your account is ready, it works great if PP is made with a close variant of your name.

Mauriciovsky 04-02-2010 02:09 PM

Hi, I opened an account yesterday at RBC, the lady told me the name had to match mine for deposits, was that BS ?

Thanks !

suza 04-02-2010 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mauriciovsky (Post 131589)
Hi, I opened an account yesterday at RBC, the lady told me the name had to match mine for deposits, was that BS ?

Thanks !

I'm using 4 RBC accounts with 4 Stealth PP account, Have never get an issue to transfer money.... so yes, it's BS

Mauriciovsky 04-04-2010 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suza (Post 131600)
I'm using 4 RBC accounts with 4 Stealth PP account, Have never get an issue to transfer money.... so yes, it's BS

Ok, thanks suza, by the way, did you try banque scotia ? they have pretty good fees, maybe ill open an account over there too

topadog 04-07-2010 01:03 AM

Hi
i have been using TD and HSBC for over 2 yrs now, never had a problem, both of my accounts have atleast 3-4 sub accounts. never used RBC and scotia and CIBC, so in my opinion TD and HSBC are the best.
Thanks!

jesseinkaron 04-09-2010 02:55 AM

scotia bank

When I log onto my online banking I can not see my full account numbers ?

I am trying to add bank to paypal with no success ?

Anyone know how to solve this ( without going to the branch )

I am overseas !

john7 08-28-2010 01:53 PM

Hello, you can find useful and important information on the site Banks around the world

luna 09-12-2010 10:41 AM

banks in Canada

I can say that the RBC is the best bank in Canada. BMO and Creditunion are working fine with paypal (even with different names).

ihateupaypal 09-17-2010 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suza (Post 131600)

Suza how do you have 4 accounts with the same bank and use it for 4 different stealth accounts? Won't they all have your same name, address, etc.. and wouldn't that be easy for paypal to catch you?

rsot 09-17-2010 03:14 PM

Way to unearth an old thread the both of youse ha =P

@ihateupaypal - you don't use your real info when setting up paypal account, the bank account name does NOT need to match the name used on paypal - her 4 rbc accounts will let her xfer money into the account with no problem.

Now on the topic, I do business with EVERY bank except RBC ha. TD works, HSBC works, CIBC works, Laurentian works, Caisse Pop works, NBC works, Nova Scotia works.
My personal faves are CIBC and Caisse Pop because I do a lot of other business with them and they don't let me done. HOWEVER, NBC has best exchange rates for USD to CAD so...

All the best.

luna 09-17-2010 09:00 PM

what bank?

what are you looking for from which bank?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesseinkaron (Post 132463)
When I log onto my online banking I can not see my full account numbers ?

I am trying to add bank to paypal with no success ?

Anyone know how to solve this ( without going to the branch )

I am overseas !

luna 09-17-2010 09:02 PM

bank numbers canada

I suggest getting a cheque and reading it from left to right.

It would read like this:

000 00000 000 000000 0

How it breaks down:

000 - Cheque number

00000 - Branch number

000 - Bank number (001 = Bank of Montreal, 002 = Scotia Bank, 003 = Royal Bank, 004 = TD, etc.)

000000 0 = Your account number. Please note there IS a space at the end, but the last number is often important.

Some TD account numbers are 10 digits long as well..... Every other bank is just 7.

Hope that helps.

ihateupaypal 09-18-2010 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 167046)
Way to unearth an old thread the both of youse ha =P

@ihateupaypal - you don't use your real info when setting up paypal account, the bank account name does NOT need to match the name used on paypal - her 4 rbc accounts will let her xfer money into the account with no problem.

Now on the topic, I do business with EVERY bank except RBC ha. TD works, HSBC works, CIBC works, Laurentian works, Caisse Pop works, NBC works, Nova Scotia works.
My personal faves are CIBC and Caisse Pop because I do a lot of other business with them and they don't let me done. HOWEVER, NBC has best exchange rates for USD to CAD so...

All the best.

Thanks! I didn't know paypal doesn't see your name.. thats awesome..

Since you mentioned Scotia bank... I have one as well but that account was banned.. if I open another account with them.. will that be banned as well?

alim 11-08-2020 08:02 AM

Re: Best banks in Canada?

would BMO be recommended .I have TD and it has been creating issues and rejecting payments recently

rsot 11-08-2020 08:07 AM

Re: Best banks in Canada?

Quote:

Originally Posted by alim (Post 1123582)
would BMO be recommended .I have TD and it has been creating issues and rejecting payments recently

TD Canada rejecting payments? Odd.

I have used BMO before - worked well