does desjardins accept $ from stealth paypal account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > Canada eBay Discussions

Canada eBay Discussions General discussions about eBay.ca Suspensions. This forum is mostly geared towards Canada eBay sellers.

Old 02-09-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Question does desjardins accept $ from stealth paypal account?

hi!
i am thinking of opening a desjardins bank account (its right next to my house).. do they accept money transfers from stealth name paypal accounts?

thanks fellow canadians!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-09-2011

Longevity: 78%

tried it twice, both times PP deposits was rejected, even if the 2nd time, PP name was same as desjardins account.
there are plenty other canadian banks who do the work, and over all you can apply for an account online (TD Canada trust, RBC,BMO, Scotia and ING)
ING needs to have names matching.
With all these banks you can open sub-accounts online too.
Old 02-09-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Whoa whoa - I use desjardins all the time - they are good =)

US account with desjardins won't work but chequing and savings do $.

Other banks work well too but sonba, can you elaborate on making sub-account? Seems like everytime you open an account with TD or CIBC online they NEED to check your credit history + SIN (on file) - this is not a sub-account at all since all these soft-checks DO appear on credit history....care to clarify?
Old 02-09-2011

Rsot,
When you open an account online with TD, RBC (As a NEW Custumer), or Scotia, they do need to check your credit history. but once the account is opened, you can open other saving or checking accounts online (Instant acceptance).

I have 5 accounts with RBC, 3 With ING direct and 4 with TD canada trust. When I talked to RBC representant about having multiple accounts, she told me that it's ok, as long as they're active and not getting with negative balance (Unpaid monthly fees, unpaid checks etc).
Old 02-09-2011

Rsot,
When you open an account online with TD, RBC (As a NEW Custumer), or Scotia, they do need to check your credit history. but once the account is opened, you can open other saving or checking accounts online (Instant acceptance).

I have 5 accounts with RBC, 3 With ING direct and 4 with TD canada trust. When I talked to RBC representant about having multiple accounts, she told me that it's ok, as long as they're active and not getting with negative balance (Unpaid monthly fees, unpaid checks etc).
Old 02-09-2011
Executive [VIP]

I understand that it's instant opening sonba - yes just did with my CI BC but I think that each time you open the account online, you auto-consent to a soft check on your credit history.

When was the last time you looked at your credit history? I just pulled mine and, fair enough, the soft check is there. Does not affect your credit history at all but I am just saying that the record will show.

Edit: On a side note, had to go to CI BC during lunch time and the front desk rep had no idea about making account online and was trying to book me to take a meeting and open up another account in house. Ha ignorance.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
sonba (02-09-2011)
Old 02-09-2011

Yes, there is no doubt about it. Every time you open an account, it's reported to the credit history.

I shared the point of openeing accounts online to the OP inorder to avoid him the pain of to a branch... Both ways give the same results, but I prefer doing this online from my sofa comfort :P
Old 02-09-2011
Executive [VIP]

Yes I hear that ha.

As for the OP's problem, you have to report the Desjardins checking or savings number as the one written on your cheque - not the the numbers that come up on your statement. The cheque-written number is usually longer.
Old 02-09-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Whoa whoa - I use desjardins all the time - they are good =)

US account with desjardins won't work but chequing and savings do $.

Other banks work well too but sonba, can you elaborate on making sub-account? Seems like everytime you open an account with TD or CIBC online they NEED to check your credit history + SIN (on file) - this is not a sub-account at all since all these soft-checks DO appear on credit history....care to clarify?

thanks rsot for the info. I don't plan on opening a us account, just a regular chequing.. thing is i have a stealth name in paypal.. so i want to make sure that desjardins will accept the payment..
btw i was checking the desjardins website's faq... this is what they say about paypal.. i dont know what the hell they are talking about..

"Q. How do I link my Paypal account to my Desjardins caisse account?
A. First of all we must inform you that Desjardins does not support the Paypal service.
We know, however, that the problem most frequently encountered by new Paypal users is that they haven't entered their entire folio number. Be sure to enter a 7-digit number that includes the check digit (located in the lower right portion of your cheques)."
Old 02-09-2011
Executive [VIP]

They are saying what I said - you need to use the full chequing account numbers on the bottom of your cheque - not the six digit account given on your statement. The accounts work for Paypal - I have used 2 in the past.
Old 02-09-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
They are saying what I said - you need to use the full chequing account numbers on the bottom of your cheque - not the six digit account given on your statement. The accounts work for Paypal - I have used 2 in the past.
ok wait a sec-
paypal asks for:
  1. bank name
  2. institution number
  3. transit number
  4. account number

what do i put exactly in the account number? i don't usually order cheques. :S
Old 02-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

You need the full account number that was printed on your application for bank account acceptance sheet that Des jar dins gives to you when you open account. They usually give you a few free cheques also...