possible scamming from buyer,please help? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > Canada eBay Discussions

Canada eBay Discussions General discussions about eBay.ca Suspensions. This forum is mostly geared towards Canada eBay sellers.

Old 05-26-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Exclamation possible scamming from buyer,please help?

An UK buyer bought from me in Apr and yesterday, he opened eb case saying item not received. im doing dropshipping from china, i posted the tracking # at pp once it was shipped. item was shipped via china post registered airmail with tracking #, it can be tracked from china post website. but for shipments to UK, once the package left china, there won't be further updates on china post website. so i think the buyer is taking advantage of this part! but luckily, when i put the tracking number into royal mail website, it said that the package was successfully delivered on May 6 and there is electronic signature stored on royal mail website and printed name is his last name which is the same as i've seen from paypal. besides, his paypal address is confirmed! so i posted all the proof at ebay resolution center, and also i emailed the buyer a screen shot of the delivery confirmation and his signature from royal mail, i didn't say that he is scamming me but asked him nicely to double check. instead of replying me at ebay, the buyer chose to write back via personal email. he said that is not his signature and not sure why someone signed his name, he said he lives alone and doesnt know anybody around, only an old lady who is living couple of streets away. and he asked me to sort this out for him.

i'm pretty sure that this guy is scamming me. but i'm not sure what should i do now. should i contact ebay live chat? please help me! thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-26-2011
Red X

Longevity: 0%

This guy is definitely trying to get over on you. DO NOT FALL FOR HIS TRICK. Do what you have to do, and fight this back asap. You should discuss the matter in the ebay case, so they can see what's going on if you haven't already, and wait it out. Tell them about the signed signature, tell them that he emailed you, mentioned tracking number states that it was delivered. Good Luck!
Old 05-26-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red X View Post
This guy is definitely trying to get over on you. DO NOT FALL FOR HIS TRICK. Do what you have to do, and fight this back asap. You should discuss the matter in the ebay case, so they can see what's going on if you haven't already, and wait it out. Tell them about the signed signature, tell them that he emailed you, mentioned tracking number states that it was delivered. Good Luck!
thank you! yes, i have already discussed this matter in ebay case, i mentioned that the package has been delivered and signed. but haven't mentioned there that he emailed me in the back.
Old 05-26-2011

Longevity: 75%

I'm not certain on this but I'll give my two pennyworth

If you posted to the address Paypal said
and if Royal Mail say they have a signature
and if the customer says that's not his signature

Then surely Paypal must find in your favour and the customer must inform the police.

Possibly email the customer along the lines of 'this is terrible, obviously someone is messing with your mail and that's a serious offence. Would you like me to contact your local police station for you and explain the situation to them? They will obviously need to come and get a copy of your signature and a statement from you but it will help them get who ever is doing this to you. I of course will do all I can to assist you in this matter'

I would wait and see what other forumers have to say though

The Following User Says Thank You to GrannyT For This Useful Post:
jjjia (05-27-2011)
Old 05-26-2011
Threadstarter  

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannytranny View Post
I'm not certain on this but I'll give my two pennyworth

If you posted to the address Paypal said
and if Royal Mail say they have a signature
and if the customer says that's not his signature

Then surely Paypal must find in your favour and the customer must inform the police.

Possibly email the customer along the lines of 'this is terrible, obviously someone is messing with your mail and that's a serious offence. Would you like me to contact your local police station for you and explain the situation to them? They will obviously need to come and get a copy of your signature and a statement from you but it will help them get who ever is doing this to you. I of course will do all I can to assist you in this matter'

I would wait and see what other forumers have to say though

that's smart! and i forgot to mention that this guy said he can give his passport or bank card to show that the signature is different. so this make me even sure that he has been doing this by purpose.
Old 05-26-2011

I think if you show this guy that you are not just going to lie down and let him tickle your tummy he may back down - you are going to have to be very careful how it's worded though.

The Royal Mail have their own investigations department who are red hot. It might be worth mentioning that the postman will be interviewed by the police.

You're an easy target being abroad and possibly this customer does not know his way around the system - just trying it on.
Old 05-26-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannytranny View Post
I think if you show this guy that you are not just going to lie down and let him tickle your tummy he may back down - you are going to have to be very careful how it's worded though.

The Royal Mail have their own investigations department who are red hot. It might be worth mentioning that the postman will be interviewed by the police.

You're an easy target being abroad and possibly this customer does not know his way around the system - just trying it on.
will do
Old 05-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by de2009 View Post
will do
Think before you do it - you only have one chance to make a first impression!!
Old 05-26-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

Hmmm, I am interested to see how this works out, you have good evidence on your side.

Last edited by ShadyOne; 05-26-2011 at 05:01 PM.
Old 05-28-2011
Threadstarter  

i emailed the guy about contacting his local police station just like what grannytranny said, he emailed me back as following:

"It's fine its hardly your fault my main concern is I am down £50 and have nothing to show for it. I will check with my local police station tomorrow as I work along side the police anyhow through the local council so I can double check with a few of my collegues but I am pretty sure there is not alot they can do in regards to it as I have no proof on who took them but by all means I will check with them tomorrow. but either way I'm still down £50 and no underwear its very frustrating and annoying I have never had any problems with any items from oversea's before! I will also have to phone the maidstone sorting office and find out what more I can do and get back to you on the matter!"

and in the ebay case, he put the same thing that he is contacting the local police station and he got nothing

should i just leave the case there or i should contact ebay live chat?
Old 05-28-2011

Sounds a right load of baloney to me. I bet he's nothing whatsoever to do with the local police. Contact his local police station by phone and explain the situation. Then contact Royal Mail and ask what's going on. Tell the customer what you are doing and that you will make sure they don't lose out.

Stress that a criminal act has taken place in that someone has interfered with the Royal Mail
The Following User Says Thank You to GrannyT For This Useful Post:
de2009 (05-29-2011)
Old 05-28-2011

Longevity: 77%

input tracking on case, you will win end of story. its quite possible postman delivered to wrong person, its happened to me, but that is NOT your problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to missinglink For This Useful Post:
de2009 (05-29-2011)
Old 06-13-2011
Threadstarter  

buyer escalated it to a claim, i won the case finally
Old 06-13-2011

Good news OP
Old 06-13-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

Yeah, certainly good news, way to go de2009
Old 06-14-2011

Send a message via MSN to stealthmaster

He's certainly "Screwed" you my friend "Some One Signed My Name" ???, I'd contest this with PayPal/eBay and see what they say. You've got proof you've got evidence of his signature and the item been delivered, why wouldn't PayPal/eBay side with you on this transaction. Tracking is the main element of postal services knowing your items are never lost and tracked all the way, submit the evidence to them and you will win the case hands down. I would strongly recommend you do this ASAP!!.

Stealth Master
Old 06-14-2011

Longevity: 83%

Most buyers usually magically find the stuff they claim never arrived, when they are shown proof of delivery.

This buyer was determined to try out the E-Bay Buyer Protection , which is promoted all over the place Not only did the buyer expect the item be delivered to their door, they also expect you to provide security at their address once it's delivered.

I've seen buyers like this before.
Old 06-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road-Kill View Post
This buyer was determined to try out the E-Bay Buyer Protection , which is promoted all over the place
like the new and totally insane login page. enormous blue shield in your face
Old 06-15-2011

Longevity: 83%

Yeah I thought it was bad enough before. I cringe every time I see it.

What's next, are they just going to put up a red bulls eye with the name "seller" in the middle, and call it new and improved buyer protection?