eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Canada eBay Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/canada-ebay-discussions/)
-   -   problems with US account in Canada (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/canada-ebay-discussions/92105-problems-us-account-canada.html)

chao8378 12-18-2015 05:16 PM

problems with US account in Canada

so am in Canada, use US based EB and PP to keep the US$, just some facts and thoughts if anyone want throw some thoughts.
1, when ship to US customer, they expect 1-2 days deliver but it could take up to 10 days by Canada post, u can imagine how pissed the customer will be, explain in the description same thing as telling EB this is a stealth. Drive to US is a pain, take it to BOOKSTOTHEBORDER they only deliver twice a week not talk about all paperworks they require.
2, lots threads mentioned Canadian PP with US dollar account, I never succeed, tried add my BOA, US BANK, BANNER, SUNTRUST to my Canadian PP, simply display "you can not add bank at this time", never tried BMO or RBC US based one yet. but since my regular US based bank isn't working, I doubt.
3, lets just go with Canadian based, Canada Post is garbage, slower and expensive, and tax issue down the road

no business is easy I know

GreenBean 12-18-2015 05:18 PM

Re: problems with US account in Canada

What are you seeking?

:peace:

chao8378 12-18-2015 05:43 PM

am seeking for comforting :)

GreenBean 12-18-2015 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chao8378 (Post 729518)
am seeking for comforting :)

(((Hugs for chaos8378)))

:)

epimetheus039 12-19-2015 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chao8378 (Post 729511)
so am in Canada, use US based EB and PP to keep the US$, just some facts and thoughts if anyone want throw some thoughts.
1, when ship to US customer, they expect 1-2 days deliver but it could take up to 10 days by Canada post, u can imagine how pissed the customer will be, explain in the description same thing as telling EB this is a stealth. Drive to US is a pain, take it to BOOKSTOTHEBORDER they only deliver twice a week not talk about all paperworks they require.
2, lots threads mentioned Canadian PP with US dollar account, I never succeed, tried add my BOA, US BANK, BANNER, SUNTRUST to my Canadian PP, simply display "you can not add bank at this time", never tried BMO or RBC US based one yet. but since my regular US based bank isn't working, I doubt.
3, lets just go with Canadian based, Canada Post is garbage, slower and expensive, and tax issue down the road

no business is easy I know

Let me guess, you are located in Vancouver. I used this woman's services once or twice. She charges wayyyyy too much especially when you are a volume seller.

Anyway here is few solutions for you as I am located in the same city and I do about 10k shipments to US only on a monthly basis.

1)Get courier service, which is White Rock Courier or IPS. They do what this woman does but only at a business rate: 100lbs = 40$ (white rock), 100lbs = 60$ IPS. They can pick-up everyday from your place for free and deliver next day. They do so 5 days a week excluding holidays.
2) Use shipstation.com, from there you can generate any type of report including those for customs. It takes me 2-3 minutes to create a report for 1000 items that will have all the necessary data for customs.
3) You can attach RBC USD to your PP account and keep in US dollars, find my older posts on how that can be done
4) Yes, Canada Post is garbage but I only send about 2k packages through oversized, the others go through USPS.
5) For taxes you need professional advice but in general if you trade outside the country you are eligible for a refund at the end of the year

rsot 12-19-2015 04:25 AM

There have been times when the PP is established, that a US-based bank can be added by manually calling in - risky but it has been done

Jiexie 12-31-2015 12:39 AM

Only agree with OP that Canada Post is a crap,garbage,does not provide any tracking info for China Post mails,they have the info but just hide it,force Chinese sellers to raise price to cover expensive e-packet shipping!