eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Credit Card Alternatives (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/credit-card-alternatives/)
-   -   Trouble Purchasing Simon Giftcard (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/credit-card-alternatives/12582-trouble-purchasing-simon-giftcard.html)

Ebayhastochange 08-10-2009 01:09 PM

Trouble Purchasing Simon Giftcard

Hello, i am having trouble purchasing the Simon Gift Card, Is there a customer service number??? anyone else having this problem??

bluemoon999 08-10-2009 01:25 PM

don't call their customer service, it's horrible. they don't know how system works at all.

i had a problem 2 days ago, it cleared itself after a few hours.

what error message are you getting?

Ebayhastochange 08-11-2009 02:06 PM

I used 3 different cards to purchase the gift account, and I keep getting this error message. Is anyone else having this problem??

Ebayhastochange 08-11-2009 02:07 PM

I couldn't even find a customer service number on the site, maybe I could just order it over the phone.

bluemoon999 08-11-2009 02:17 PM

It can't be ordered by phone. Just stop by a local mall to get a simon card.

DogFacedBoy 08-13-2009 07:41 PM

Why all the fuss about a Simon GC when they are no longer accepted by Paypal?
A year or so ago I was using the same Simon cards to set up ebay and Paypal accounts and having the Simoncard over at PP never satisfied the requirement for "verification"
Has that changed recently?

ReadyFreddy 08-13-2009 10:55 PM

Trouble Purchasing Simon Giftcard - Me too !

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluemoon999 (Post 98184)
don't call their customer service, it's horrible. they don't know how system works at all.

i had a problem 2 days ago, it cleared itself after a few hours.

what error message are you getting?

Hello all,

I've been experiencing the same problem all day.
Here's the error message I'm getting in red fonts:

Oops, something isn't right. Please verify your payment information appears correctly, if so, click here see our hints on other possible things to check.

If you have verified all of your information is correct, there may be an issue with our system. Please click here and an automated message will be sent to Customer Service. Thank you for your patience and please return soon.

All of the information is correctly entered.
What was the solution, if there ever was one to the OP's post?

Thanks in advance.

philly387 08-13-2009 11:09 PM

I just want to put in my experience real quick. I purchased a card two days ago for $20 and didn't have any problems. Showed up this morning with no errors or anything. It has to be what you are all inputting when you purchase a card.

ReadyFreddy 08-13-2009 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philly387 (Post 98935)
I just want to put in my experience real quick. I purchased a card two days ago for $20 and didn't have any problems. Showed up this morning with no errors or anything. It has to be what you are all inputting when you purchase a card.

I'm not sure what that could be on my end.
I checked and double checked my entries.

Assuming it's not me (or us). what else could the problem be?

philly387 08-13-2009 11:26 PM

Never had any problems with the card you are using to purchase?

Ebayhastochange 08-14-2009 01:22 AM

Never I made several purchases today as well as the sam eday i tried to purchase the card and still kept getting error message that ReadyFreddy got. My card is a Visa check card....i wonder if that has anything to do with it?

ReadyFreddy 08-14-2009 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebayhastochange (Post 98952)
Never I made several purchases today as well as the same eday i tried to purchase the card and still kept getting error message that ReadyFreddy got. My card is a Visa check card....i wonder if that has anything to do with it?

Well, mine is a Mastercard check card, so we can eliminate that possibility.

This is just an update/observation as I am at wits end.
  • The Simon site seems unusually slow (don't know if that matters really).
  • I tried again this morning but this time I basically started over.
  • Cleared and edited my profile.
  • Cleared the shopping cart and started a new one.
Results: Same problem.

and yes..I'm entering my info correctly. You can only quadruple check so many times.

The only thing I can think of is there may be an issue with my bank and Simon's bank or I have another Simon profile with the same name and it's causing a conflict.

My PP acct is old, verified, and established (2001) and like to begin using it again. It's been several years and I just need to update it's address, get another PP debit and so on.
Perhaps I'll just go get a Walmart card, Allaccess, or online somewhere instead.

I'll check the forum later to see if anyone else has this experience and/or suggestions.

Thanks for your input.

bluemoon999 08-14-2009 06:36 AM

Give Simon a few more days, at same time, try some different Internet browsers see if it will let you through, also try from different computers(friends', relatives', public...)
Many other options you can go. Such as other VCC, local store, bank... there is no dead end.

ReadyFreddy 08-14-2009 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluemoon999 (Post 98979)
Give Simon a few more days, at same time, try some different Internet browsers see if it will let you through, also try from different computers(friends', relatives', public...)
Many other options you can go. Such as other VCC, local store, bank... there is no dead end.

Hey Thanks.
Yeah, what I think I'll do is go to the credit union this afternoon and pick up prepaid card. That ought to do the trick.

Still perplexed over the Simon botch though.

Ebayhastochange 08-14-2009 05:06 PM

I went to delux card and used it, it worked fine. I gave up on the Simon!! It just would not let me purchase the giftcard through the website, no matter how many cards I used.

bluemoon999 08-14-2009 05:38 PM

That's good. so, how often & how many simon cards have you purchased before?

ReadyFreddy 08-14-2009 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebayhastochange (Post 99047)
I went to delux card and used it, it worked fine. I gave up on the Simon!! It just would not let me purchase the giftcard through the website, no matter how many cards I used.

Superb, although I've never heard of deluxe card. I think I'll go research it. Did you get it online or locally? Did you use it for Paypal or eBay? If you don't mind my asking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluemoon999 (Post 99050)
That's good. so, how often & how many simon cards have you purchased before?

I've had three different Simon cards in the past two years, this attempt would've made the fourth....the last was about 1 year and some change ago.
I got a card today from the credit union. I'll try it in a few minutes.

aking 08-16-2009 12:41 AM

I just bought one 2 secs ago, no problems.

Ebayhastochange 08-16-2009 05:10 PM

I just kept getting an error with the Simon so I never had a chance to try it out I used the delux card with paypal got verified then got a sellers account and linked them.

bluemoon999 08-16-2009 06:16 PM

There must be a reason behind it. But glad to hear the workaround works! There are more vcc besides simon. Dig them out! ;)

ReadyFreddy 08-17-2009 07:39 AM

My workaround was just to get a Prepaid from my credit union. It worked on the first attempt. It's still a mystery as to why I couldn't purchase at Simon.

webguy 08-17-2009 12:49 PM

Simon Customer service number

I had a problem activating my Simon card. When I went to activate it it said "contact customer service"

What happens is they put a block on certain accounts for some reason but all you have to do is call the number below verify your phone number and address and they will unblock it for you. I was transferred about 7 times before getting this number.

1-866-305-6236