Cards to verify PayPal Questions - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Credit Card Alternatives

Credit Card Alternatives Prepaid, Gift, Debit and Credit Cards. Credit Card Alternatives. Bank Account Verification and Alternatives.

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 84%
Default Cards to verify PayPal Questions

I'm wondering about a few methods I've seen posted in the not too distant past, that seem to be more questionable as to whether or not they work.

The main two I'm curious about are Greeddot and Netspend.

Now as I know it, the Greendot one still works, provided you add a real name, address and matching SSN, correct?

The other one is the NetSpend verify, where you open an online Netspend account and just verify that way.
Now as far as I know, the Netspend way still works for some people, but not others. Trouble is, I'm not sure which people it is/isn't working for.

If you know anything, I'd appreciate it

I don't want to set up accounts with info just to get
Quote:
This bank account is disabled for entry into the PayPal website. Please add a different bank account instead.

If you would still like to use this bank account, you may fax us a copy of the bank statement with the two amounts PayPal deposited in your bank account shown and a copy of your driver's license or other photo I.D. You must use this form for your fax cover sheet and send the fax to (402) 537-5780.

Now for the third question. Are there any other non-Greendot pre-paid cards that have been working in the last 3-4 months?
Street addresses, SSN and phone call requirements are fine, as long as they don't need state issued id and bills.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
The Following User Says Thank You to SimplyComplex For This Useful Post:
philly387 (10-20-2009)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-19-2009

Longevity: 95%

Both these banks work for paypal. Only thing is its kinda like useing AOL proxy on ebay even though it works they keep a closer eye on you and if your saleing VeRO or stuff they dont like they will more then likely limt you. But if your a all out legit ebay user saleing everyday items then u wont have to worry about nothing.

Another thing is about netspend dont get to many cards cause they will close them all out :( I had about 13 cards then one day out the blue the locked them all and i called them and they said i couldnt have no more then 1 card and i would have to close all others out. Its funny how netspend failed to put this in there FAQs but lucky for me i didnt have no more then like $13 in all my cards so i didnt lost much money but i could had if i didnt get my funds out as soon as they hit the card.

Last edited by doughboykilla; 10-19-2009 at 11:19 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to doughboykilla For This Useful Post:
philly387 (10-20-2009)
Old 10-19-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

So you can use these as "Bank accounts" on paypal?
Old 10-19-2009

yeah both netspend and greendot has the ACH relaod opition which comes with a bank and routing number and i have used netspend my self and my cussion just 2 weeks ago used a greendot for his paypal and he has no problems with it but hes a every day house hold item seller and he used he's real info not stelth.
The Following User Says Thank You to doughboykilla For This Useful Post:
SimplyComplex (10-22-2009)
Old 10-20-2009
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

Well that is pretty sweet. I don't even use eBay so maybe I will have to open up another Paypal account using that. That is sweet! I don't know why I never knew this :(

Why don't people use this to pay eBay fees?
Old 10-20-2009
Executive [VIP]

I have a Walmart Money Card (Greendot) added as a bank account in PayPal and withdraw funds from the PayPal account directly to the pre-paid debit card. It's convenient.
But they, while their companions slept,
Were toiling upward in the night.

-HWL
Old 10-20-2009

Yeah u can use them for fee paying as well and u can use it as both bank and credit card on paypal
Old 10-21-2009

Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by inverser View Post
I have a Walmart Money Card (Greendot) added as a bank account in PayPal and withdraw funds from the PayPal account directly to the pre-paid debit card. It's convenient.
If I'm reading this right does that mean that this card essentially gets you Paypal Verified? I would think so if it does what you say by working as a Bank account.
Does this mean that the card is rechargeable if you can transfer your Paypal funds to it?
Can you use that card at an ATM then?

This sounds like an invaluable resource, please elaborate
Old 10-21-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFacedBoy View Post
If I'm reading this right does that mean that this card essentially gets you Paypal Verified?
I can't confirm that you can verify with the Walmart money card (Greendot) because our PayPal account already was already verified with a checking account when we added the card.

Quote:
I would think so if it does what you say by working as a Bank account.
Yes, I can't confirm or deny this, but I have read things to the contrary. I've read that some people have had their PayPal account limited because they had verified this way. I'm not sure if PayPal still does this or not.

Quote:
Does this mean that the card is rechargeable if you can transfer your Paypal funds to it?
Can you use that card at an ATM then?
Yes and yes. I "withdraw funds" from the PayPal account and send it straight to the Walmart money card that is configured as a bank account and it is accessible via ATM.

Hope this helps.

-HWL
Old 10-22-2009

i dont get it... how can you use a walmart money card (greendot) on paypal as a bank acct? Also how can I withdrawal paypal funds onto the money card? I dont know... Its not making sense to me.

Thanks
Old 10-22-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone83 View Post
i dont get it... how can you use a walmart money card (greendot) on paypal as a bank acct? Also how can I withdrawal paypal funds onto the money card? I dont know... Its not making sense to me.

Thanks
It's pretty straightforward. One of the ways you can recharge your Walmart money card is by direct deposit. Once you've received your Walmart money card you should register at walmartmoneycard.com so you can check your card balance online. Once you've registered and logged in, there is a page that provides you direct deposit information that includes a "direct deposit number," which is the [bank] account number, and also a routing number.

With this information, you simply add the details into your PayPal account as a new bank. PayPal will send the confirmation deposits, then you confirm it, and then it's ready to go.

Again, I'd like to emphasize that I didn't use the Walmart money card to verify PayPal, only to withdraw funds directly to the card.

-HWL
The Following User Says Thank You to inverser For This Useful Post:
SimplyComplex (10-22-2009)
Old 10-22-2009

so each money card has its own bank acct # ?
Old 10-23-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone83 View Post
so each money card has its own bank acct # ?
Yes, and it's completely different than the 16 digit card number.

-HWL
Old 10-23-2009

nice......
Old 10-25-2009
Banned

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
It's pretty straightforward. One of the ways you can recharge your Walmart money card is by direct deposit. Once you've received your Walmart money card you should register at walmartmoneycard.com so you can check your card balance online. Once you've registered and logged in, there is a page that provides you direct deposit information that includes a "direct deposit number," which is the [bank] account number, and also a routing number.

With this information, you simply add the details into your PayPal account as a new bank. PayPal will send the confirmation deposits, then you confirm it, and then it's ready to go.

Again, I'd like to emphasize that I didn't use the Walmart money card to verify PayPal, only to withdraw funds directly to the card.

Just curious then if you didn't confirm this account then does it say

To: GE Money Bank checking (unconfirmed) XXXXXXXXXX

Also was wondering if this is a stealth account thanks.
Old 10-25-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by oge View Post
Just curious then if you didn't confirm this account then does it say

To: GE Money Bank checking (unconfirmed) XXXXXXXXXX

Also was wondering if this is a stealth account thanks.
That's it! But you can't send money to the card without confirming it first!

-HWL
Old 10-26-2009
Banned

Longevity: 85%

I've tried this and it does work. You don't have to confirm the account but once I do get the deposit the PayPal account is limited then they want me to confirm it that's why I was wondering if you had to or not. It's kind of wierd that you can't confirm the deposits lol.

Please note that although the PayPal instructions reference a checking account at First National Bank, you DO NOT have a checking or savings account with First National Bank. Cashpass works with the bank to correctly process and route payments to your account.

After the information has been entered correctly, click the 'Continue' button.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: When you make your first transfer to your account PayPal will send two small deposits to this account and ask you to confirm these deposits with your bank. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CONFIRM THESE DEPOSITS OR VERIFY THIS ACCOUNT. This account cannot be used to add money to your PayPal account.

Once your Cashpass account has been added to your PayPal account, follow these instructions to transfer funds electronically:

ADD CASH USING PAYPAL:

At the 'Withdraw Funds by Electronic Transfer' page, enter: Amount: Enter the amount you want added to your account.
To: Select - First National Bank checking (unconfirmed) XXXXXXXXXX.
Then click 'Continue'.

At the 'Review Withdraw Funds' page, make sure you have selected the correct account and amount then click 'Submit'.

Please remember that PayPal transfers are non-reversible. You will receive a payment notification email stating that your payment has posted and is now available. All PayPal payments become available as soon as we receive them, usually within 3-5 business days of the payment being sent. PayPal payments will be shown in your CashPass online account as a 'direct deposit'.

Please note that PayPal payments are limited to $2500 per day. If your payment exceeds $2500, $2500 will be added to your account per day until the total amount has been added to your balance.
Old 11-01-2009
Threadstarter  

So basically this Greendot card is going to lift spending limits but not actually verify the account?
That letter from PP seems contradictory. They limit the account, say it's not a valid bank, and then give you instructions to withdraw funds into it.

And it tells me Netspend is no longer an accepted bank :/

@oge When you say you can't confirm the PP deosits, do you mean they aren't showing up on your Greendot account, or that PP gives you no way to enter them?
Old 11-01-2009

Thats odd we used greendot the other day and it worked fine the account got the depoist and its not been limted.
Old 11-09-2009

Longevity: 83%

Can someone confirm that greendot cards do work??? I want to open a new paypal account without using a new bank account if at all possible...Is this all green dot cards like you find in 7-11 or does it have to be Wal-Mart?? I like the idea of getting deposits directly to the card but if it will not receive the initial deposits what good is it?? Or do you have to open a bank account, confirm it, and then add this option to your CC on Paypal?? I'm a little confused....Just really don't want to add a bank account to Paypal...Any other ideas??
Old 11-10-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by intothevoid2007 View Post
Can someone confirm that greendot cards do work??? I want to open a new paypal account without using a new bank account if at all possible...Is this all green dot cards like you find in 7-11 or does it have to be Wal-Mart?? I like the idea of getting deposits directly to the card but if it will not receive the initial deposits what good is it?? Or do you have to open a bank account, confirm it, and then add this option to your CC on Paypal?? I'm a little confused....Just really don't want to add a bank account to Paypal...Any other ideas??
I've read that people have had their PayPal account's limited for verifying using a card, but who knows, YMMV. You should definitely try it and report back to the forums!

FYI, our PayPal account was verified with a Navy Federal Credit Union account and the Wal-mart greendot card was added later on. No problems whatsoever.

-HWL
Old 12-16-2009
MU

Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

I think everyone is a little confused on how prepaid cards actually work. In the US, thanks to the patriot act..... you have to give banking institutions your social, name, and address. Before the patriot act, you could open a bank account, without your social.

A prepaid card, is a bank account, with money in it. It charges a monthly fee. It's marketed to people who deal in cash, who for whatever reason in this day and age do not want to open a bank account. The thing is, the funds in a prepaid account, are being held by a bank, in an account. Each prepaid debit card you have, has a bank account number associated with it. I'd be more worried about giving greendot false information, as this is a felony, because they're a bank in the USA.

The question is, does paypal require the name to match for withdrawals to a greendot money card? FYI, it's through Columbus Bank and Trust Company.

Quote:
I've read that people have had their PayPal account's limited for verifying using a card, but who knows, YMMV. You should definitely try it and report back to the forums!

FYI, our PayPal account was verified with a Navy Federal Credit Union account and the Wal-mart greendot card was added later on. No problems whatsoever.
Closed Thread