eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Credit Card Alternatives (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/credit-card-alternatives/)
-   -   Greendot prepaid card (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/credit-card-alternatives/17744-greendot-prepaid-card.html)

pcware 04-10-2010 08:21 PM

Greendot prepaid card

Can I used a business name when I register this card with SS. Will this card accept payment with a different name other than the registered name??

doughboykilla 04-27-2010 10:28 PM

greendot is picky about names missmatching! its best to use a bussiness name on paypal so when u do w/ds greendot see's just a bussiness name instead of the stelth name on your paypal account.

zhuwh 04-28-2010 01:50 AM

of course you can and you should.business name is a logo about your business,and another adwantage is it can be a mask of you stelth name..

onlineseller 05-05-2010 01:06 AM

When I bought my greendot account, I used my business information instead of my personal information. I couldn't use the card I just bought at the store, for almost 2 days, then finally it worked after some verification.

Had I used my personal information, it probably would have been fine.

moneyhungry 06-07-2010 01:43 PM

i just bought greendots for stealth but i didnt realize they ask for ss numbers.. i was using simon but i have to drive far to get them local... help! i need a card to verify and be able to withdrawl too i need for different accounts too... thank

kevlarheart 08-30-2010 08:54 AM

so greendot is really just a bank account....so do i add it to pp as a bank account or as a cc? which is better? and if i use my real name on the greendot application, can i use it on my stealth account on pp? or ebay?

hardtobelegit 02-18-2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moneyhungry (Post 143393)
i just bought greendots for stealth but i didnt realize they ask for ss numbers.. i was using simon but i have to drive far to get them local... help! i need a card to verify and be able to withdrawl too i need for different accounts too... thank

I would love to know this also.

jeffweico 02-27-2011 03:28 PM

Don't do it! Greendot cards are bank-issued. That means that giving them false information is illegal.

rikahs19 02-28-2011 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 208062)
Don't do it! Greendot cards are bank-issued. That means that giving them false information is illegal.

CRAP!...Any idea on a prepaid card i can withdraw pp Funds to wiithout ssn....no im not a scammmer...*sly smile*:peace::nono:
Yet....lol

jeffweico 02-28-2011 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rikahs19 (Post 208159)
CRAP!...Any idea on a prepaid card i can withdraw pp Funds to wiithout ssn....no im not a scammmer...*sly smile*:peace::nono:
Yet....lol

Nope. Because you have to withdraw to a bank account (GreenDot provides one with their prepaid cards). In order to get a bank account, US law, specifically the Patriot Act, requires that banks know who they are dealing with. That means they want an SSN.

rikahs19 03-01-2011 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 208173)
Nope. Because you have to withdraw to a bank account (GreenDot provides one with their prepaid cards). In order to get a bank account, US law, specifically the Patriot Act, requires that banks know who they are dealing with. That means they want an SSN.

*sigh* thats what i thought. D:

yoshistx 10-25-2011 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 208062)

Wow then I have been breaking the law for some time now...:doh:

unlimitedknowledge 12-02-2011 02:29 PM

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PM ME OR HELP ME UNDERSTAND WHAT EVERYONE IS TALKING ABOUT WITH THE GREEN DOT? ACCOUNTS? Are you setting them up through paypal or ebay? I'm soooooo confused. I read the book, I am reading these forums for days now and still nothing, PM me if you can't talk about it here... Thank you!

yotano211 12-03-2011 03:13 AM

Ok relax and take a chill pill. Greendot cards are just re loadable debit cards that you can buy at many grocery store or walmart. You load them up with some money at first, plus the $4.95 fee they charge. You have to give your real SSN # to registor it cuz it is a real bank account.

Paypal and Greendot are in bed together so don't have too many Greendot cards under your name or don't withdraw too much money using those cards. It only works for a start term fix and not a long term deal. I would get a true bank account at a real bank for any long term success. Greendot cards are best used for the pimple faced kid working at McDonald making $8.50/hour and not $1k/week or more.

But good luck, glad to help

pufferthomas 12-19-2011 04:06 PM

So you use the greendot card to add a credit card to your ebay seller account or paypal account but then add a real bank account to withdraw your money? Do you pay your ebay fees with the greendot card or link it to paypal tp pay your fees? Thanks.

rsot 12-19-2011 04:16 PM

Green dot card serves as the bank account if I am not mistaken.

oge 12-19-2011 04:28 PM

you are correct overtime.....

yotano211 12-19-2011 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pufferthomas (Post 296979)
So you use the greendot card to add a credit card to your ebay seller account or paypal account but then add a real bank account to withdraw your money? Do you pay your ebay fees with the greendot card or link it to paypal tp pay your fees? Thanks.

The adding to the EB selling account wont work because Greendot has to be in your real name and real address. They will send you your real debit card in the mail within 7-14 business days, usually takes me about 2 weeks. I just add it to the Paypal bank part to verify your bank account. But I dont use it that much anymore, only in cases of emergency.

And I think there is a post somewhere about you cant pay EB fees anymore using Greendot, I might be wrong. I just use paypal to pay my fees with EB or use one time payment method. Other will use a prepaid gift card to pay fees so it has less chances of linking them up with paypal or something like that.

rsot 12-20-2011 11:37 AM

Folx have long used GD in f*ke names still.

exranger 02-27-2012 02:59 PM

So, I can use green dot for PayPal, but not EB?

club1010 06-16-2012 11:12 PM

Another question will be if someone have a stealth account and want to add a bank account to withdraw, the name on the bank account is the real name, should one add the account including the realm name on the account to paypal or just add the account number alone leaving the stealth name on the paypal account, will that work to withdraw?

tnc17 12-20-2013 03:55 PM

Re: Greendot prepaid card

What about I have Visa and my MAex but which I am still using for my 1.st paypal account and till now I paid all the eBay fees from this card. I would like to register to ebay my amex card and for paypal the visa one. Will eBay or Paypal catch that I have double account?
Old account will have just OLD VISA.
New account will have New visa.
New eBay will have old Amex card which was used for fee in my old paypal account.
Please help. thnxs.