PrePaid cards, Simon, etc. to view Expanded Use (EXPUSE) number online -VERIFY PAYPAL - Page 4 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Credit Card Alternatives

Credit Card Alternatives Prepaid, Gift, Debit and Credit Cards. Credit Card Alternatives. Bank Account Verification and Alternatives.

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

That is how you life the $500 limit on the account. That is all the expanded use is I believe.

Old 08-13-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Does anyone have a spare Simon Gift Account that they can give me to use? I don't have a CC so I can't buy one myself. If someone can buy one for me that can be used for PP/Ebay verification I'll pay him back with PayPal.
Old 08-14-2008

i just did the $1.95 paypal confirmation and see the charge online but no expanded use information. hopefully it just takes a little longer for that info to be posted up?

PAYPAL INC 402-935-7733 US
Purchase - Membership Organizations not elsewhere classified is all i get. the same as the $1 charge below it to make sure its a valid card
Old 08-14-2008

Yeah it definitely didnt do the expanded use properly
Old 08-14-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksjkas View Post
i just did the $1.95 paypal confirmation and see the charge online but no expanded use information. hopefully it just takes a little longer for that info to be posted up?

PAYPAL INC 402-935-7733 US
Purchase - Membership Organizations not elsewhere classified is all i get. the same as the $1 charge below it to make sure its a valid card
You used a Simon gift account right? If you did it right the EXPUSE code should show up almost immediately.
Old 08-14-2008

yes, ive gotten the expuse code fine on prior cards and accounts. i added it as a visa card on a business account this time though. i see the $1.95 charge but like i said no expuse code this time.
Old 08-14-2008

called paypal to ask about it. said the code wouldnt show up for 3-4 business days which im pretty positive is b.s. cause it should be attached to the original charge once the charge shows up.

any idea if simon reuses numbers? it would be just my luck to get one thats already been used on paypal cause apparently visa only allows one verification.

"Note: Due to Visa regulations it is not possible to link and confirm more than one Visa card per PayPal account. If you are trying to confirm your Visa card, the PayPal code cannot be resent and you'll need to obtain the original PayPal code."
Old 08-15-2008

false alarm. the code posted today. so if it takes 24 hours for your code to show up dont panic it should still come.
Old 08-16-2008
Banned

Can I put my own name on the gift card and still use it to sign up for an ebay account
Old 08-31-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%
Post Encountered Something strange With Simon & PP

Did any of you guys try recently verifiying your pp with a simon cc? I did not get the first 4 digits to verify it. All I got what the rest "PAYPAL#######"

Appreciate any input
Old 08-31-2008

Tried to lift 500.00 PP limit by adding Simon account, but didn't work, even though they have sent me an email that I added another cc to my Pay Pal.. My limit is still $500 a month. This is getting to be frustrating now.. Do I need to go get another gift card or do I need to ask my bank to give me another card? PP already have my bank account and 2 credit cards now... and I still have the limit...
Old 09-10-2008

Longevity: 90%
Red face

Hi all and thank you for sharing your knowledge so we all do not have re-create the wheel. Aspkin, Modee, Ebayhateluv, and others, I am already indebted to you for your information. I am so-o-o confused!! I know you guys haven't heard that one before. HA! I have heard people say here that they have purchased Simon Cards WITH their REAL information (which is what I did & looked like I had to, when signing up in order for them to verify and send the gift account info). I have also seen posts where people are saying that they purchased a SIMON GIFT ACCOUNT and used the same ⊗⊗⊗⊗ personal info that they used on their new Ebay and PayPal accounts. I have seen Mr. Aspkin say that this card can be used for the sign up on Ebay and PayPal as they do not take the personal information from the card, just that the card is GOOD. Then, to VERIFY your PayPal account so that you do not start out with a limited account, you add the bank account information (which again, is TRUE personal information) so that PayPal can confirm that the routing number and account numbers are good, without having to worry that PayPal will get any other personal information from the account (i.e. Your Real Name, Your Address, etc.). I have also read elsewhere that you don't even need a bank account (and that many people do not know this) to verify for PayPal. You just need a VCC that supports DIRECT DEPOSIT and with this type of card you will receive an account number and a routing number. One of the cards is called I.C.E. Visa. However, I have not found a card that will do this yet as I.C.E. Visa is not available here where I live in Texas.

I have researched this specific topic for 2 full days straight and cannot seem to get an answer that is consistent. On top of this, some of the threads are 1, 2, or 3 months old and so this adds to my wariness. I am a research freak and feel that I really have done my due diligence on this topic so please don't shoot me down. I purchased a SIMON GIFT ACCOUNT last night and am opening a WAMU FREE CHECKING ACCT today. I just had three accounts suspended so you all can understand how we all want to make EXTRA sure that we get the most correct and up to date info before we take another plunge just to get shot down again. I am very appreciative of your patience for us newbies. Please advise.
Old 09-10-2008

You're missing one or more key steps if you're still getting suspended. Have you purchased the ebook?

If you want a high-level overview of what you should do to correctly create new Fleebay/PP accounts, check this out.

If you want more detail, I seriously recommend you purchase the eBay Stealth ebook.
Old 09-10-2008

Red face

Quasi, I left you out as one of the posters on this board that I have also received very valuable information from. Sorry. And yes! I left out ALL of the important steps before. . . . . I had opened the other accounts prior to stumbling upon this awesome forum.
As I stated before, I seem to be getting conflicting information about how to verify my initial PayPal account. I have read Stealth and it has great information. However, Ebay seems to changing by the minute and after putting in all of the time and effort ignorantly before, I am cross referencing everything I am learning, hence the confusion. I purchased the SIMON GIFT ACCOUNT with REAL & TRUE information as it says that it verifies the information for accuracy. Since, Aspkin had stated in a previous post that PayPal and Ebay do NOT receive ANY of the personal information from the SIMON account, I figured I am fine with that. Ebay & PayPal just debit out of the account to make sure it is a working account. I will of course, have to use TRUE & CORRECT information to open the WAMU account as we all know and have come to understand that PayPal again, DOES NOT get ANY personal information from the bank except to check the account through the ROUTING & ACCOUNT numbers. I have not processed these steps yet but understand them.
This is where the confusion sets in. . .To VERIFY a new PayPal account (so that the initial limit is removed), one must have a debit card. The question that I cannot seem to find the answer to is:
1. Does PayPal get ANY personal information from the debit card? 2.Am I to use the debit card that comes with the WAMU account? OR 3. Is the Simon VCC along with the WAMU account information sufficient for PayPal VERIFICATION?

My Humble Understanding:
1. Use Simon Card to open NEW PayPal & Ebay accounts
2. Add WAMU routing & account #'s to PayPal for PayPal VERIFIED ACCOUNT
3. Once PayPal is a VERIFIED ACCOUNT, link PayPal to Ebay
(DO NOT SET UP AUTOMATIC PAYMENT OF EBAY FEES)
4. Use SIMON CARD to pay monthly Ebay fees
Old 09-10-2008

From what I understand:
Since the original Simon account has your real information, you can't use that with eBay/PP. You use your Simon account to create a virtual credit card (which you register using the same contact info that's on the eBay/PP accounts) which you receive by e-mail. That is the credit card you use with eBay/PP.
Some people have been advising that Simon no longer works for them.

You also might want to use the cards that ebayhateluv suggests, if you can't get the Simon accounts working for you.

Also read: http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-fe...-accounts.html

Last edited by Quasi_Mojo; 09-10-2008 at 08:07 PM.
Old 10-06-2008

Is there a way to get a simon gift card in canada ? Looks like you cant change the country, only can pick a state.
Old 10-07-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Simon GiftAccount Cards still working to lift limits with PP. As of end of last week.
Old 10-07-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasi_Mojo View Post
From what I understand:
Since the original Simon account has your real information, you can't use that with eBay/PP. You use your Simon account to create a virtual credit card (which you register using the same contact info that's on the eBay/PP accounts) which you receive by e-mail. That is the credit card you use with eBay/PP.
Some people have been advising that Simon no longer works for them.

You also might want to use the cards that ebayhateluv suggests, if you can't get the Simon accounts working for you.

Also read: http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-fe...-accounts.html
No-no, you can use your Simon Gift Account you purchased with YOUR real information, for eBay or Paypal. When adding the giftaccount to your eBay / Paypal account you can use whatever address you want, name etc. Just don't use your real address. Use your new address you have on Paypal / eBay already, and 99% of the time your card will be accepted.

If you're having issues, keep trying. I found if the zip code was wrong the card sometimes wasn't accepted. So make sure you zip code is correct and you shouldn't have many issues.

Read the old Simon threads for more information.
Old 10-17-2008

Longevity: 89%

Hey. I have read many of all of your threads, but I'm still a bit confused as to the exact steps necessary to make the simon cards work for ebay/paypal verification. I have already purchased a simon gift account. I purchased it online using all of my own real info, and paid for it with my primary banks visa debit (i read that some accounts/cards purchased through mastercard weren't working).

Here is my issue...When I try to use the gift account to verify my paypal, I am prompted to enter the rounting/account numbers which IU do not know, or know where to get. Am I missing something? I have read also about people using their real banks routing number, and a made up account number. Should I be doing that instead of attempting to input the simon gift account as my paypal bank account? If that is not the step where the simon gift account is used, then where do i use the gift account?

In terms of ebay, when I log into my newly created buyer account to become a seller, I am asked to "verify your identity". Does a simon gift account or gift card assist me in this area, or should I be looking in another section of ebays site, for an alternative means to be seller approved?

I know that many of my questions are probably redundant, but since the threads span many months, and ebays requirements continually evolve, I need current info. Thanks.
Old 04-01-2009

Longevity: 89%

My Simon Gift card was declined to pay for eBay fees. Any idea why this would happen? There was enough money on it.
Old 04-01-2009

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

Did you go the Simon website and register the card for online purchases? If you have, you should verify you typed it right.
Old 04-12-2013

Longevity: 68%
Send a message via Yahoo to ashi

hi
i want to use simon cards to create ebay seller account.cause i cant confirm my identity by phone.is it possible guys?
Closed Thread