Accountnow Checking account prepiad Via and Debit Mastercard for Paypal Ebay - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Credit Card Alternatives

Credit Card Alternatives Prepaid, Gift, Debit and Credit Cards. Credit Card Alternatives. Bank Account Verification and Alternatives.

Old 02-12-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
Everything is correct but you will want to use a gift card for Ebay since its anonymous,..

or

you could just link your paypal account since its verified

or

you can add your account now banking details to ebay..

Take your pick
Quote:
Originally Posted by twdell View Post
yeah, it all seems pointless unless you have a valid and matching ss# to the information you submit to paypal. they're going to ask for it once you start taking money out of the paypal account.
Yea, you one of you two got a spare social # for me? I can't give them my real one because I owe them money!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-12-2008
Banned
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 97%

Spare socials will go for lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$..

Anyway it probably will nit work because they will check it with the name on account..
Old 02-12-2008

My REAL SS# doesn't work to verify paypal! LOL How cool is that?

Since my divorce and name change in 99 my name and SS# hasn't matched in their system. (and yes, I do have a new SS card with the correct info and SS knows who I am ) But I've offered it to Paypal a dozen times over the years. That's one reason they have to offer you an alternative method! Their system isn't fool proof. Just stand strong on the 'I'm not comfortable giving out my social'. Or give them a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ one and when it doesn't work tell them you just got married and what else can you do? LOL It's worked for me for 8 years! :D
Old 02-12-2008
Executive [VIP]

Is it really true? They have to offer you an alternative method? What alternatives do they offer?
Old 02-12-2008

It is TRUE. I have spent 30 minutes on hold on multiple occassions only to tell them it's my SS# and then have them enter it. It doesn't work for them either, then I've offered to fax them a copy of my SS card and they said NO! Then they always go back to you only have to do 2 out of the 3 things listed to lift the restrictions. (keep in mind....I had already done 2 of 3 before my phone call.) So I think it's a bluff. They try their best to get it out of you, but in the end...they can't legally do it!
Old 02-12-2008
Executive [VIP]

So you just stay on the phone with them and see who gives first. So are you talking to a regular employee or the resolutions manager when telling them you are not comfortable with giving them your SSN?
Old 02-12-2008

I haven't told them I'm not comfortable. I give the first idiot my number and they can't make it work. Then I demand a manager! LOL But I think it works the same either way. If the person who answers the phone can't satisfy you....nicely ask for a supervisor!
Old 02-12-2008
Executive [VIP]

There was a post here somewhere, someone kept telling them they were not comfortable giving it out and in fact never give anyone their social, then a few hours later they got their account unlimited. Ill have to look for that post and conversation. I want to try this on a limited account, but absolutely cannot give them a ssn for the account.
Old 02-13-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayvictim View Post
My REAL SS# doesn't work to verify paypal! LOL How cool is that?

Since my divorce and name change in 99 my name and SS# hasn't matched in their system. (and yes, I do have a new SS card with the correct info and SS knows who I am ) But I've offered it to Paypal a dozen times over the years. That's one reason they have to offer you an alternative method! Their system isn't fool proof. Just stand strong on the 'I'm not comfortable giving out my social'. Or give them a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ one and when it doesn't work tell them you just got married and what else can you do? LOL It's worked for me for 8 years! :D
Thanks ebayvictim, this is good information to know, I'll try it if and when it ever happens to me. Thanks!
Old 02-14-2008

anyone know of a uk company like this
Old 02-14-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrab54 View Post
anyone know of a uk company like this
Afraid not. It's something I'm looking/waiting for!
Old 02-17-2008

Longevity: 96%

This is good stuff. I don't use paypal to withdraw money, only to send to my suppliers. And paypal limited me for doing that! My other two bank accounts are on old bad pp accounts so I can't use them. Until i get this new checking account I'll just add my savings account i guess.
Old 02-20-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mijusdek View Post
This is good stuff. I don't use paypal to withdraw money, only to send to my suppliers. And paypal limited me for doing that! My other two bank accounts are on old bad pp accounts so I can't use them. Until i get this new checking account I'll just add my savings account i guess.
Dude - The last thing you want to do is give them MAIN savings and/or checking account. I know, I learned the hard way last year.

Why not just open a secondary savings account and use it just for PayPal?
Old 02-20-2008

Longevity: 95%

Good Advice, LisaB!
Yes, give them an acct with little funds as possible..
Old 03-06-2008

Longevity: 93%
Default question on Account now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
Yes you can. DId you read rangers post?
after i get the card mailed to me,
i just ad that to my ⊗⊗⊗⊗ paypal?

iam using my friend ebay account,
so after i add new acc now bank infos, i shuld be all set?
Old 03-13-2008

Hi, i new here and i have a question i would like to ask.

I've heard that netspend freezes your account for direct depositing from a paypal with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or different information from your netspend. So my question is, is it ok to direct deposit to accountnow from a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ paypal? All help is appreciated thanks.
Old 05-05-2008

Longevity: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayvictim View Post

Since my divorce and name change in 99 my name and SS# hasn't matched in their system.
I had the same thing happen. I sent them copies of my old and new SS# cards, and old and new drivers license... they still had problems with it for about a month! I finally gave in and opened one in new husband's name!
Old 06-27-2008
MU

Longevity: 92%

This one worked for me..
Old 12-31-2008

I have a question in relations to the topic.... i was very close to signing up my fresh ebay account using ingdirect, i went to all the trouble of setting up a new account within the ingdirect interface and i was issued with a new bsb and account number. From what ive read it seems like they are not being accepted anymore, is this true ? does this apply to australian residents also ?

If this is the case should i just open up a new account with my local bank ? and will they let me open up multiple accounts or does that start to get fishy ?

Lastly, is there an online option something similar to Ingdirect that WORKS and i can create multiple accounts online without going into the bank.

Cheers
Old 12-31-2008

Update: i did a bit of research on setting up a bank account online. I actually went into my online banking with the bank im with and noticed i can setup additional bank accounts online in 5mins flat. Because im already a customer of the bank i dont have to go into the branch and give all my 100 points of identification. I have opened up a second bank account and it has told me it should be ready within 1-2 working days. I will report back if it goes through successfully.

This seems to be a good option for anyone who currently has a suspended ebay account and is linked to an existing bank account with your bank. Instead of closing it down (which i dont really want to do right now as its being used for other direct debits) ive opted to just open up an additional account which i will soley use for ebay purposes.

This method may be applicable to many other banks also.

Joy Joy.
Old 01-02-2009

Update: As mentioned before i setup a second bank account all online with the CBA and logged in this morning to see if it was there and low-and-behold i now got a new bank account and bsb number waiting to be used :D
Old 01-05-2009
MU

Longevity: 92%

This is so awesome! Im surprised it still works. Its also good for people who are in the chex system