eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Credit Card Alternatives (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/credit-card-alternatives/)
-   -   Question about best cards to use? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/credit-card-alternatives/24975-question-about-best-cards-use.html)

HurricaneHuntr 11-16-2010 10:42 PM

Question about best cards to use?

#1 Vanilla visa's only allow you to add a zipcode, so any card on vanillavisa.com is zipcode only and cannot be added to ebay.. But works on paypal.

#2 Simon malls hard gift card allows you yo verify ebay and paypal and you can add stealth info on their website.

This brings me to #3

#3 What other card besides the simon malls card can you buy and add a stealths info on that verifys BOTH PAYPAL AND EBAY? I was at walgreens today and i saw nothing but greendot or vanilla visa cards. While the 25 vanilla visa card is a 3.95 fee the simons card is like 4.95 or 5.95 .

What other alternatives are out there? Like i said, at my walgreens i look at. The only choices were vanilla or greendot.

I think my question was pretty straight forward, i'd love to see a straight forward answer.... And not someone saying... read the big thread on the members forum.

nicetrypaypal 11-16-2010 10:44 PM

all that trouble,, save some money and go to the forums here and buy a vcc from an approved seller,,

that will verify ebay, paypal, your truck payment, and more, and theres are immediate..

lakeman 11-16-2010 11:00 PM

Yeah vccs are the way to go. I do not know of any prepaid card that will turn your eBay account into a seller account. I'm sure there are some but those likely won't be shared.

First Edition 11-16-2010 11:43 PM

why do you need both anyway?

HurricaneHuntr 11-17-2010 09:19 AM

Why is vcc the way to go? Why should I pay someone 10$ or 15$ when I can just goto the store and pay $4 or $5?

I just feel the accounts appear more legit to ebay when a cc is connected. And the whole not linking paypal. Even though I still do that

oompaloompa 11-17-2010 09:22 AM

go to store and pay $4? - well thats a type of vcc then!!!!! a non-bank card.....

you mean verification-only vcc, agreed they are useful, but a vcc card that pays your fees is probably better long-term for lots of reasons

as for bank cards, well they look even more legit, and I am sprinkling them about my accounts too - but , warning, remember the name on a credit
for fees or anything else will have your real name on!! some banks will change that for you.

Hercules 11-17-2010 09:58 AM

" some banks will change that for you." Oopal you mean if you put a stealth name when registering the bank CCard when it is used they ( VISA...) put the real name (yours) on the sales form for PP to see?

HurricaneHuntr 11-17-2010 10:03 AM

You can buy the simon cards and put all the information on it. i guess there is no others of these available..
I was under the assumption there was a card you could add full information to. Simon mall visas you can. just like old simon visa gift accounts.i thought there was a store bought card you could do this with

First Edition 11-17-2010 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizzy2010 (Post 182810)
Why is vcc the way to go? Why should I pay someone 10$ or 15$ when I can just goto the store and pay $4 or $5?

I just feel the accounts appear more legit to ebay when a cc is connected. And the whole not linking paypal. Even though I still do that

The cost are negligible.... honestly. If you're a serious ebayer, you'll make your own decisions. I personally don't like to have any part of my business controlled by anyone other than me.

Vcc is 10-20 dollars..... anonymous, safe, instant.

card at store, 25-? dollars, show up in person, pay in cash, by 50 and have a cashier give you weird looks while you make up a bs story about what you're doing with them?

Decisions is easy for me!

Hercules 11-17-2010 01:15 PM

Not cool to buy to many same brand, same price gift cards off the same batch at that same store. I have no proof but when I open them and the last two digits are close, that may link you or promote a manual look see with PP down the road.

HurricaneHuntr 11-17-2010 03:03 PM

You guys are crazy if you think paypal is comparing cc numbers.

Obviously buying cards randomly at places is smart.

Hercules 11-17-2010 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizzy2010 (Post 182920)
You guys are crazy if you think paypal is comparing cc numbers.

Obviously buying cards randomly at places is smart.

PP has computers to do that for them.

123 11-17-2010 04:50 PM

If your business is going good, the start up costs of a simple vcc shouldn't even be considered a cost since it should be nothing compared to your profit margins, but anyways the cost of going to a store and buying the vcc may be a $5 fee but your not subjecting in the hassles, transportation cost and most important your valuable time not to mention having to add money into the card in which you don't really want nor need.

GreenBean 11-17-2010 05:53 PM

So the whole point of the thread was give me an easy fix for getting a card but I'm not going to pay attention to any of your answers?

Your loss. Pleas proof read what you post. You seem to be having problems with the A S D keys. If you are using your ipad or cell phone, I'll excuse you this time ;)

OK: I know you are serious about selling. The advantage of using the vcc's despite your objections to the cost, is the manner in which you can get them. No driving around shopping malls, look for a place to park and unless you live in the warmer parts of the USA, no freezing to death running over the icy paths to inside the mall.

Further, dealing with a seller of these cards, may see your obtaining a discount for future sales. The high cost is cncxled by the fact you are busy selling and not parking an auto.
Win win for everyone :thumb:

HurricaneHuntr 11-17-2010 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 182982)
So the whole point of the thread was give me an easy fix for getting a card but I'm not going to pay attention to any of your answers?

Your loss. Pleas proof read what you post. You seem to be having problems with the A S D keys. If you are using your ipad or cell phone, I'll excuse you this time ;)

OK: I know you are serious about selling. The advantage of using the vcc's despite your objections to the cost, is the manner in which you can get them. No driving around shopping malls, look for a place to park and unless you live in the warmer parts of the USA, no freezing to death running over the icy paths to inside the mall.

Further, dealing with a seller of these cards, may see your obtaining a discount for future sales. The high cost is cncxled by the fact you are busy selling and not parking an auto.
Win win for everyone :thumb:

Yeah it was on my EVO.

And we'll agree to disagree. I am going to visit my parents tomorrow night, i'll stop by the slow simon mall and pick up 4.

First Edition 11-17-2010 08:59 PM

so that's going to cost a minimum of 100 dollars.... as opposed to 30? You're tying up funds... and time, and putting yourself in person purchasing something. There are pros and cons......

cost of one in store credit card - load fee + minimum balance +expuse to paypal = 25 dollars, with 18.05 of that possibly not an expense, but tied in a difficult place to spend.

GreenBean 11-17-2010 11:37 PM

bizzy does not want to be converted. Let him be :peace:

First Edition 11-18-2010 01:45 PM

The funny thing, I usually do it his way.

It's rough to have to wait on resellers sometimes... but when in a pinch, it's nice. For example, walgreens isn't open at 4am. And you get a few eyebrows raised at CVS before sunrise :)