eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Credit Card Alternatives (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/credit-card-alternatives/)
-   -   Readydebit Reloadable Card/Bank Account, NO ChexSystems or Credit Check (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/credit-card-alternatives/2564-readydebit-reloadable-card-bank-account-no-chexsystems-credit-check.html)

thelizardking 02-01-2008 05:04 PM

Readydebit Reloadable Card/Bank Account, NO ChexSystems or Credit Check

I signed up for this Readydebit card and got it in about 10 days. It is a reloadable visa and requires real info and SS#. There are a few reasons why I got this card. One is I have terrible credit and im in the chex system. Im on the cusp of both so sometimes I get approved for loans and bank account and sometimes I don't.

If you are looking to get a bank account to add to your Paypal and you are having trouble opening one this is a great way to go.

Here are some of the features:
▪ No ChexSystem or Credit Check
▪ No Overdraft Fees (Your account just goes into the neg)
▪ Free BillPay with Direct Deposit

Here are the (LOW) Fees
▪ $10 activation (Your card will be -$10 when you activate it)
▪ $5 per month
▪ No Overdraft Fees - Ever!
▪ Free Signature and PIN purchases
▪ $1.50 ATM + ATM Owner Fee (Withdraw up to $500 per day)
▪ Free Balance Check at ATM (Or check online)
▪ $5 Final Check

Now I successfully and easily set this up as a bank account with Paypal. They made the 2 small deposits I confirmed and have made a couple withdraws from Paypal with no problems. One great thing is the money shows up on my card in about 30 hours even on weekends and non business days. I transfered once late Friday night and the money was there on Sun am.

Again if your looking for a bank account and have problems with Credit and/or Chex Systems this is the best way I found with the lowest fees. Plus there is No Overdrafts! I have always had a problem going $5 over and getting hit with a $36 Overdraft.

This card cannot be used as Credit Card with Paypal or to pay Ebay fees if your PP and EB accounts have "⊗⊗⊗⊗" info. But you can use it as a bank account (the Readydebit website has detailed instructions on how to add it as a checking account) because Paypal just confirms Bank Name, Routing and Account Numbers, then the 2 small amounts.

k1ley4evr 02-01-2008 05:13 PM

thanks for the info. im gonna get one

Ballsack 02-01-2008 06:04 PM

How is it possible for them to deposit a withdrawal so quickly and on weekends?

Jonas 02-01-2008 06:40 PM

high fees -- slightly more than walmart greendot -- but if you can use it as a bank account, it's nice

thelizardking 02-01-2008 07:07 PM

Yeah the main point is to use it as a Bank Account if ChexSystems is declining you. If your looking for a Reloadable strictly there are better options as far as fees and other things go. Readydebit has better fees than AccountNow.

As far as the weekend/Sunday deposit. Probably because its not a "traditional" bank with days off.

Ballsack 02-01-2008 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonas (Post 23445)
high fees -- slightly more than walmart greendot -- but if you can use it as a bank account, it's nice

Aside from the international atm fee everything else is normal or below average in fees. I don't know where you're getting the high fees from.

Jonas 02-01-2008 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ballsack (Post 23461)
Aside from the international atm fee everything else is normal or below average in fees. I don't know where you're getting the high fees from.

Reloadable prepaid card generally have high fees compared to the gift cards.

thelizardking 02-02-2008 03:54 PM

Again this post is for people having trouble getting a Bank Account, you can't use this card the same as you could a giftcard because Readydebit has your real info.

Lisa B 02-04-2008 01:35 PM

lizardking - Thanks for the information!

coolandcalm 02-04-2008 02:15 PM

Also search this forum, there is a list of banks that dont use chexsys where you can get a bank account without any problems

ebayvictim 02-04-2008 02:33 PM

FYI, the chex system banking list is now FREE!

coolandcalm 02-04-2008 02:35 PM

Thanks ebayvictim, can you post the link to the free list here so it will help save some time looking for it in the posts for those who need it....

Jonas 02-04-2008 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebayvictim (Post 23910)
FYI, the chex system banking list is now FREE!

website links please

ebayvictim 02-04-2008 03:00 PM

Chex Sys Bank List Link

Here's the link. Scroll to the bottom and you'll see a list of states.

About my List

thelizardking 02-04-2008 03:40 PM

ebayvictim, thanks for the list

Lisa B 02-08-2008 01:20 PM

ebayvictim - Thanks so much!

ebayvictim 02-12-2008 04:27 PM

Ok, I just finally looked at the readydebit website. They are advertising that you can load the cards via PAYPAL!!!!! Is this new? LOL Also says they're part of the green dot network??

Chris Hanson 02-12-2008 06:27 PM

I wouldnt use them if they are apart of the Green Dot network

coolandcalm 02-12-2008 06:33 PM

Yeah I agree, anything Greendot has now been flagged by paypal. Unless something has changed, greendot has locked paypal funds too.

ebayvictim 02-12-2008 06:42 PM

I sent them an email asking about the loading by paypal.....explained I had a child in college out of state and I sold on eBay. So I inquired if it was possible for me to load a card in her name from my paypal account to provide her spending money (2 names, addresses, accounts, etc..). Can't wait to hear the answer! LOL Much less find out if it works!

ebayvictim 02-12-2008 10:29 PM

Ok, this is weird! I wasn't imagining things when I saw they accepted paypal. But here's the response to my email. (I have to say their customer service is good! email response within 2 hours!!!)

Thank you for sending us your question regarding the READYdebit prepaid
Visa card.

You have a couple of options for loading your daughter's card:
1) if she gets a card, you can load it by setting up a direct deposit to
her card from your employer. You can specify the amount that goes to the
card each pay period (say, $100 or $200, whatever you want). This is a
nice option because once you set it up, it runs automatically for you.
2) if she gets a card, you can load cash to her card by buying a
Greendot MoneyPak (and then loading it to her card). This will load the
funds to her card within an hour.
3) if you and her both get a card, you can transfer money to her card
free and instantly over the phone or our website. You can load you card
in the ways described above.

We currently don't have PayPal as a load option.

Please let me know if you have other questions.

Best regards,

Scott
READYdebit Support Team

thelizardking 02-12-2008 11:10 PM

Not sure why he is saying they dont load with Paypal. Ive loaded my Paypal funds numerous times now onto my Readydebit Card most recently was Monday. Maybe something changed? Email him back and say you know a couple people who load with Paypal and ask him if this changed?