eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Credit Card Alternatives (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/credit-card-alternatives/)
-   -   Quick Paypal Limitation question. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/credit-card-alternatives/39719-quick-paypal-limitation-question.html)

met4lrocker 11-25-2011 07:07 PM

Quick Paypal Limitation question.

I have made a new paypal account.
i am looking at the steps to verify my account.
one particular option is for ally bank, it says if you use ally bank, confirm your account instantly.

and then it asks me to type in my username and password for my ally bank account.
If i choose this method to verify my account will they be able to see the name and other information from my account?

If yes, what are the best ways to verify my paypal without getting them to see any information from my bank.

i have purchased and read the ebay stealth book, its great! but after re reading several times, i just cant seem to find the answer.

met4lrocker 11-25-2011 07:30 PM

quick question about the credit cards.

Why exactly do we need these again ?
is it for the purpose of staying anonymous? Because i have just verified my paypal account without using a credit card yet, it says my account is verified, and i will be able to receive transfers from paypal to my bank, with 3-5 day wait time.
this is exactly what it says

Bank account confirmed
You have successfully linked your bank account to your PayPal account. Your bank account is now the default way you'll make most payments with PayPal. You can choose a different way to pay at checkout.

Now you can do even more with PayPal:
Pay with your bank account instantly
without exposing your financial information

Add or remove money
to and from your PayPal balance

Send money easily
to friends and family

You can make your bank payments instant by linking a debit or credit card. Otherwise, they'll take 3-5 days to process.

Did i just **** up by doing this, do they now see my name and information from my ally bank account?
Keep in mind, i have not transfered any money from my bank account to paypal, nor have i transfered any money from my paypal to my bank account.

I just dont want to get linked because ebay is my main source of income, i have lots of items to start listing but i just really want to do this right.

please help and thanks in advance.

elane 12-21-2011 03:36 PM

IF this ally bank account that you have linked to your new paypal stealth account is brand new and you havent used it with paypal in the past then you are good ,however if you had used this bank account in the past with your other paypal account then consider both paypal accounts are linked now.Otherwise no issues.and No paypal cannot get your name from the bank its against the privacy of the customers of the bank

flylow 12-22-2011 02:04 AM

when you add your bank account it VERIFIES your paypal account.

the purpose of adding a credit card, it is 1 of the 2 neccessary steps to lift the withdrawal limits, as well as, having the preferred source, other than using your paypal balance for making any payments....

by just adding your checking account and making any withdrawals, paypal can't see your name or address...

it has been said, that you don't want any transactions going FROM your bank TO paypal, because they will see your name...

hope this helps and Good Luck!!!

rsot 12-22-2011 10:05 AM

flylow says it well - bank account VERIFIES, credit card CONFIRMS.