Using Simon cards...to buy more Simon cards! - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Credit Card Alternatives

Credit Card Alternatives Prepaid, Gift, Debit and Credit Cards. Credit Card Alternatives. Bank Account Verification and Alternatives.

Old 10-18-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
Default Modee..

Thanks everybody.

Modee, I have no problem buying twinz...but how do you spend it if there is a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name on the card?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-18-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

Reading is fundamental..yahooooo
Old 03-13-2008

Longevity: 98%
Default No buying a Simon with another Simon anymore?

I've been buying simon accounts using other simon accounts for months, but this time trying to do the same thing, they simply didn't send me an account. I contacted the customer service and here's what they said:

"Dear Customer,

Unfortunately you attempted to purchase a Simon Giftaccount using another Simon Giftaccount as the funding source. We are unable to complete your order due to this. Your account is being cancelled and refunded accordingly.

Sincerely,
Customer Care "

So do you have to spend $22 for each new card nowadays? I used to just buy a simon account for $50 and then spend only $3 for each new simon card ($2 simon fee + $1 for eBay verification). Are there any other alternatives to Simon that send virtual accounts fast and work for eBay and Paypal?
Old 05-01-2008

Longevity: 92%
Default Can I use a simon vcc to purchase another simon vcc?

I was just wondering. I'm pretty sure you can't do this but thought I might save myself my cash for these verification purposes...
Old 05-02-2008

Longevity: 99%

It can be done but you cant take any time off. I still had some money on my last Simon vcc but temporarily stopped making new accounts everyday. A few months went by and they shut the last acct down.
Old 05-02-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

goose, there is an expiry date on the front of the card. That tells you when to have spent the money.
Old 05-04-2008

sorry to say but no you cannot buy a simon with a simon. I tried just last night and it was declined. Don't know why but i am having a hard time trying to use the funds on it. I have 1 card with $8 and another with $65 on it. I will probably use it for ebay fees but don't want to wait to spend it. I tried using simon gift account through bestbuy, circuit city, pizza hut, and more and all declined to accept it.

What is also weird is, I had a liquor store willing to help me out, by entering the numbers in their terminal but it said it can't be accepted. Anyone know of what i can do to cash these suckers out?
Old 05-04-2008

anothing, anybody tried loading epassporte with their simon card? Maybe this may be a way to empty the simon accounts that i seem to not have any luck with
Old 05-04-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Why not speak to simon's customer service to check what exactly is wrong?
Old 05-04-2008

Longevity: 93%

I have never encountered a problem while using my plastic Simon Card.
Nor being used for On Line Purchases,

The biggest factors are you must first register the card then use the same information
that you used when you registered the card for online purchases. Including Name &
Address.

You MUST also keep a eye on your available balance,
Both eBay & Pay Pal temp. reserve at least $1 each for about 7 - 10 days before the
transaction is declined and the funds are once again made available on the card.
Naturally while the funds are being held your account balance is lowered,
and transactions above the available limit will be declined.

Also, I use my remaining balances for gas purchases & no gas station has ever had a
problem with the Gift Cards. I then use the cash I would of used for the gas to purchase
additional Gift Cards.
Old 05-04-2008

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarca18 View Post
Can I use a simon vcc to purchase another simon vcc/I'm pretty sure you can't do this but thought I might save myself my cash for these verification purposes...
Was thinking the same thing... Here, try this out....

What you can do is add that card to the same paypal that you it is vefied with than use the paypal plug-in to make a secure card to purchase another simon that should work. Maybe...maybe not. I haven't tried it yet but it's worth a shot. If you try it and it works, let everyone know.
Old 05-06-2008

Waiting for a new Simon giftcard to show up in my email. Once it does I'll let you know if it works.
Old 05-06-2008

well i got an email from simon about this subject. They said that you cannot purchase a simon with another simon. I asked because i was denied when i tried earlier. But just to pass this on to whoever wants to know.. But it doesn't matter as the card is cheap anyhow.
Old 06-30-2008
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 98%

Hey guys! I'm back to this forum because of this issue. I tried to purchase a simon card with a simon card today and it no longer works. Guess they've changed the system. Bummer.
Old 07-07-2008

I will go ahead and confirm that also, it no longer works as of today.
Old 07-10-2008

I tried the idea using the simon vcc to buy a vcc off of the paypal plug-in and it will work if the account has already a verified cc on it, but, if like most people want to do is use it to get a new vcc on a new account to get it verified it will not work because once again you must have a verified cc on the account before you can use the paypal vcc plug-in. Hope this explains the question.

It will still work you just will have to send a payment to an account that you have already a verified cc on and then use the balance received from the simon giftcard to purchase a vcc via plug-in.

The only sucky thing is when you transfer the balance from the simon gift card to the other paypal account you will be charged the fee of course. So, when buying your multiple simon gift cards via vcc from paypal only buy $20 cards and then after using it to verify whatever account you need, send the rest of the balance back to the already verified account to keep fees low!
Old 09-09-2008

Longevity: 90%

I bought one a week ago and I activated the card. Then today I wan to use it, I can't find the card #. How can I get back the card #?
Old 09-16-2008

log in to your simon account and it will be there. Note you must use internet explorer to look up your simon card information.
Old 02-20-2009

Its too bad this doesn't work anymore. I have a $500 gift card coming for the wrong account. I guess I should pay more attention when buying these things....damn..