eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Credit Card Alternatives (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/credit-card-alternatives/)
-   -   Visa Vanilla Pre-paid debit VS Visa Vanilla Gift Card (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/credit-card-alternatives/62684-visa-vanilla-pre-paid-debit-vs-visa-vanilla-gift-card.html)

Castaway 07-30-2013 12:56 PM

Visa Vanilla Pre-paid debit VS Visa Vanilla Gift Card

I think I may have messed up slightly.

I had bought a Vanilla Visa gift card to use with Etsy but it stuck me with a $25 fee limit and I had this gut feeling that the gift card flagged me and I kept having to buy new ones when the funds were used up.

So I went and bought a re-loadable Vanilla Visa last night and didn't realize beforehand that I would have to call them with all of my identifying info before I can use it.

Now, I already have a squeeky clean verified Paypal address. I've never had a problem on that. I've had it for over a decade. I just changed the email addy.

I just need a card specifically for etsy billing that won't put me at a $25 limit and doesn't have my actual info attached.

So, did I buy the wrong thing? What would be best to purchase?

TIA

Dmshark25 07-30-2013 05:53 PM

You need the vanilla visa that you can load $20-$500 on, you purchased the one with a set value.

Than before u add it to Paypal go to the onevanilla website and register the card and add ur stealth zip

AuctionsDenied 07-30-2013 05:56 PM

You can find higher denominations for this gift card.

Pick one that will suit your needs, that way you do not have to keep adding cards.

Furious George 07-30-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Castaway (Post 472476)
I think I may have messed up slightly.

I had bought a Vanilla Visa gift card to use with Etsy but it stuck me with a $25 fee limit and I had this gut feeling that the gift card flagged me and I kept having to buy new ones when the funds were used up.

So I went and bought a re-loadable Vanilla Visa last night and didn't realize beforehand that I would have to call them with all of my identifying info before I can use it.

Now, I already have a squeeky clean verified Paypal address. I've never had a problem on that. I've had it for over a decade. I just changed the email addy.

I just need a card specifically for etsy billing that won't put me at a $25 limit and doesn't have my actual info attached.

So, did I buy the wrong thing? What would be best to purchase?

TIA

I think I've got a headache.

What do you mean by "squeeky clean verified paypal.... I just changed the email addy" ?

If you knew you only put 25 dollars on the card, how did you expect to spend more than 25?

Dmshark25 07-30-2013 09:11 PM

There's 2 kinds one with a fixed price which the op bought $25 value , and than the vanilla that works with Paypal the one you can register ur zip to it online you can load $20-$500

Castaway 07-31-2013 03:22 AM

Oh no no no, I wasn't buying $25 cards. I actually tried various amounts ( not $25 ) and no matter how much it was loaded with I was still given a fee limit of $25 by Etsy.

Forgive me, by squeeky clean, I mean that I've got my paypal acct that I've had since... forever. It's been verified for ages and when I had the issue with etsy I added the new email and removed the original. The paypal end of things hasn't caused any problems ( knock on wood ).

The crazy thing is that the cards I've tried actually were the VVs that are the $20 to $500 type. I haven't used any of the set amount cards.

AuctionsDenied 07-31-2013 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmshark25 (Post 472650)
There's 2 kinds one with a fixed price which the op bought $25 value , and than the vanilla that works with Paypal the one you can register ur zip to it online you can load $20-$500

The fixed price card also works with PP and you can register the zip code for the fixed amount cards.

Furious George 08-01-2013 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Castaway (Post 472697)
Oh no no no, I wasn't buying $25 cards. I actually tried various amounts ( not $25 ) and no matter how much it was loaded with I was still given a fee limit of $25 by Etsy.

Forgive me, by squeeky clean, I mean that I've got my paypal acct that I've had since... forever. It's been verified for ages and when I had the issue with etsy I added the new email and removed the original. The paypal end of things hasn't caused any problems ( knock on wood ).

The crazy thing is that the cards I've tried actually were the VVs that are the $20 to $500 type. I haven't used any of the set amount cards.

I'm not sure, but I think I missed the etsy section on the way in....

mamat 08-04-2013 01:04 PM

That is standard procedure for Etsy - you start with a $25 bill threshold - once your bill gets to $25, you must pay that amount - over time, it will increase depending on your bill for the previous month - if you bill was over $50, the next month, your threshold will be $50 - I think it goes up to $200.