eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Credit Card Alternatives (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/credit-card-alternatives/)
-   -   Debit card: Really getting irritated with this problem, Please help! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/credit-card-alternatives/64087-debit-card-really-getting-irritated-problem-please-help.html)

techbayelectronics 09-01-2013 04:56 PM

Debit card: Really getting irritated with this problem, Please help!

I am trying to purchase a item from Dhgate.com, I cannot get a Credit card, I dont have a Bank account. So i am left with Debit cards, I went & got this Onevanilla card: https://www.onevanilla.com/onevanilla/about.html (Prepaid 2nd one) & tried to use it, Its saying that my bank wont accept it or something, I know it isnt because of the balance forsure. I also went to make a Entropay VCC but it wont let me use the card! Does anyone know a card that will work? I would really really appreciate anyones help! Thank you very much!

jeffweico 09-01-2013 05:26 PM

Most gift cards can only be used in the US, if purchased here. Also, many banks no longer allow international charges on their credit cards due to fraud.

Best way to pay on DHGate is via Western Union. Generally speaking, using WU is a bad idea, but DHGate is a publicly traded company - that is very different from sending money to an individual seller.

The fact is, it is NOT EASY to pay by credit card on DHGate unless you clear it with your bank first.

techbayelectronics 09-01-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 482092)
Most gift cards can only be used in the US, if purchased here. Also, many banks no longer allow international charges on their credit cards due to fraud.

Best way to pay on DHGate is via Western Union. Generally speaking, using WU is a bad idea, but DHGate is a publicly traded company - that is very different from sending money to an individual seller.

The fact is, it is NOT EASY to pay by credit card on DHGate unless you clear it with your bank first.

Alright thank you very much, The seller i am dealing with has very good Feedback & 4 years of selling on DHgate, I never used Western union, but ill search on how to use it :), Thank you!

jeffweico 09-01-2013 05:40 PM

To be clear, you would send the Western Union payment to DHGATE - NOT to the individual seller. DHGate offers some protection for you. If you send the seller the payment directly, you will be at their mercy! They MAY be very honest, but I DO NOT RECOMMEND TAKING THE CHANCE!

GreenBean 09-01-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by techbayelectronics (Post 482095)
Alright thank you very much, The seller i am dealing with has very good Feedback & 4 years of selling on DHgate, I never used Western union, but ill search on how to use it :), Thank you!

Triple check your seller offers ESCROW.

This means your funds go to DHGate and are held safely until you ( the buyer) are happy with the purchase.

You can make use of WU for this service.

If you use your own credit card you have protection too.

It is fiddly to start. But it can be done.
:mod:

rsot 09-02-2013 09:52 AM

Was looking at Dhgate a bit for fun - lot of users seem to use the digital wallet option with protection - like jeffweico said, you would WU the money to DHgate not to the seller.

techbayelectronics 09-02-2013 06:35 PM

Thank you very much guys! Problem solved :D, Thanks again i really appreciate it!