eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Credit Card Alternatives (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/credit-card-alternatives/)
-   -   how do Bank of America ShopSafe cards work? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/credit-card-alternatives/78086-how-do-bank-america-shopsafe-cards-work.html)

Nebuchadnezzar 10-03-2014 11:58 PM

how do Bank of America ShopSafe cards work?

IS there a Bank of America Virtual Card?

I have a Bank of America credit card. They offer a free service called ShopSafe: they will generate a virtual credit card number, along with expiration and the 3-digit code. The card is linked to my ordinary credit card but it has a different number. I can get any number of them, they are practically disposable. I used them a lot to create several PayPal accounts, each with a different credit card linked to them. In fact I was using the same actual credit card account, but different virtual credit card numbers, thanks to ShopSafe.

Now, if you know how such virtual credit cards work, could you please answer this question:

when I enter the (virtual) credit card number to link it to my new PayPal account, will PayPal get my real name and street address when it authorizes the card? Could I use a slightly different or a completely different name and street address in my PayPal account, and still link a ShopSafe virtual credit card to it?

JamesNorth101 10-04-2014 06:29 AM

Re: how do Bank of America ShopSafe cards work?

The card will fail the AVS check.

PP will not get to see the real name and address, but it will know that the address registered to the card does not match the address registered to the PayPal when it fails the AVS.

Nebuchadnezzar 10-04-2014 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 (Post 594590)

PP will not get to see the real name and address, but it will know that the address registered to the card does not match the address registered to the PayPal when it fails the AVS.

The name and address could be spelled in a number of ways: Bill or Will or William could appear on the card, with or without a middle initial; the address may be spelled with "St." or "Street", with "Apt. 123" or "Apartment 123" or "#123", and so on. So, I wonder how does bank's software respond to a mismatch, which could be minor or major. I have a feeling that sometimes only a ZIP code is used for address verification - at least gas stations do that. Do you know what could be done to pass the AVS check and still not reveal one's exact name and address? Thanks.

secret storm 07-15-2015 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 (Post 594590)

JamesNorth101 When Paypal checks the VCC for AVS and it fails will Paypal then limit the account? Or just deny the VCC?

Or can you add a VCC thats not a AVS and Paypal will still allow it and it will still verify your credit card on Paypal and I will still be able to withdraw over $500 a month?

Also doesn't just the zip code need match between the VCC and Paypal for it to pass AVS?

Please answer this when you get a chance sorry to bump an old thread but I need to know this! Thanks!

krose1162 07-15-2015 10:36 PM

I have used shopsafe a few times with no issues, all accounts were in the same zip code....

Smoothness 07-19-2015 01:37 PM

let me break some knowledge out for you people. lol

this is one way to get vcc. i use it for instant verification. it depends on what prepaid you use but the ones i use give me instant confirmation without the expuse code verification.

you buy a prepaid reloadable debit card. you sign up with it using ssn and name and dob. but instead of so and so address u put your stealth address.

then use it with your stealth address. instant avs check

ampersand 12-10-2015 12:37 PM

@Smoothness, this works for Amazon Seller Accounts?

golferman 12-11-2015 11:49 PM

i dont think paypal does AVS when verifying