eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Credit Card Alternatives (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/credit-card-alternatives/)
-   -   American Express Gift Card ok for ebay/paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/credit-card-alternatives/8719-american-express-gift-card-ok-ebay-paypal.html)

stang1101 12-19-2008 10:41 PM

American Express Gift Card ok for ebay/paypal

have any of you guys tried these? also, how would I input the name information onto the card?

aspkin 12-20-2008 03:22 PM

In the past I found American Express cards not to be as flexible as Visa and MC.

They're not the best option.

Here We Go Again 12-20-2008 03:53 PM

I tried a AMEX gift card one time....
It did not work out for me.
So I do not use them for anything now.

stang1101 12-20-2008 08:01 PM

I just called American Express and they said that this cannot be done. I'm prob. going to open a Simon account. Any other suggestions though that I can get at a CVS or Walgreens in the U.S.?

Here We Go Again 12-20-2008 08:21 PM

These are the cards I use.
And they are very specific.
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/credit-...18-2008-a.html

stang1101 12-20-2008 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Here We Go Again (Post 69830)
These are the cards I use.
And they are very specific.
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/credit-...18-2008-a.html

once again you come to my rescue. Thanks.

for the DeluxeCard can you put ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info on it? and I'm assuming you get these at any drug store such as CVS...

Here We Go Again 12-20-2008 10:01 PM

Deluxe Cards are mail order through the web site only.
You load the information on these before you order them.
They take about 7-10 days to arrive.
I usually use these to open accounts.

You can also use the Gift2Go card to open a account.
These you have to load the information on them yourself after you get it.
Go to Walgreens and get the Gift2Go card.
Look at this link for a exact visual of the card:
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/credit-...html#post67036

It does not get much simpler than that.

doughboykilla 12-24-2008 07:38 PM

That is all i use for ebay is amex giftcards never had a problem useing them i used probly over 200+ amex cards on ebay accounts. They work on paypal to but u cant use it to get the expnd use # so i dont waste time useing them for Pp.

I like the fact that back in july Amex was giveing people a $25 gift card to bestbuy just for buying 3 amex cards and sending in a mail in rebate :) i bought probly around 50 amex cards and not only did i get $300 in free money for bestbuy i made a ton of ebay seller accounts :) the only catch was its 2 $25 bb cards per household but i have many friends and family who let me use there address :D

So all in all these cards work great and there no risk of loseing money like when useing simon.com and walgreens and office depot here have them.

There doing a promo now where u buy 3 amex cards u get a free $15 gas card so all in all your getting to make 3 FREE sellers accounts as well as make $3 in profit :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by stang1101 (Post 69827)
I just called American Express and they said that this cannot be done. I'm prob. going to open a Simon account. Any other suggestions though that I can get at a CVS or Walgreens in the U.S.?

And of course they would say that i can bet almost any giftcard will say they wont work on ebay cause they think your commetting fuard with it.

Here We Go Again 12-24-2008 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doughboykilla (Post 70306)
That is all i use for ebay is amex giftcards never had a problem useing them i used probly over 200+ amex cards on ebay accounts. They work on paypal to but u cant use it to get the expnd use # so i dont waste time useing them for Pp.

So why would you want to use a AMEX card for eBay when it won't work for Paypal?
Why not just use a single card that works for both?

You use ING for your online bank accounts but ING does not work for Paypal because the bank locks the accounts when a deposit comes in.

-------------------
After all of your posts I have come to the conclusion that you must enjoy doing things the hardest way possible.
Your eBay/Paypal life might be easier for you if you took the advice of the forum.

Are you intentionally trying to promote information that has been proven to not work?

doughboykilla 12-24-2008 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Here We Go Again (Post 70307)
So why would you want to use a AMEX card for eBay when it won't work for Paypal?
Why not just use a single card that works for both?

Emm for 1 i sale ebay seller ids quite offten and people buy only the ebay accounts so this works well for this.

2. i use them for half.com to create sellers accounts

and

3. amex gives away alot of free stuff for useing there cards :D

But for paypal i would suggest gift2go cards but back in the day when i useing alot of amex cards i was useing google checkout full time and did'nt even deal with paypal then.

Lyda 03-20-2009 09:36 AM

Things changed as we all know. As of 03/2009 you can also use Amex to get Expuse # from PayPal. You just need to wait few days for the number to show up.