eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Credit Card Alternatives (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/credit-card-alternatives/)
-   -   Metabank problems (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/credit-card-alternatives/9704-metabank-problems.html)

doughboykilla 02-24-2009 11:27 AM

Metabank problems

I have been useing Upsidecards a Metabank Spinoff debit card supplier.
Well i used them the past year and 1 1/2 to 2 years and i have 7-9 debit cards with them that there fully aware of well i started useing them for half.com and braing in about 2k in a 15 day periord and now all sudden they locked the cards and says its Potentially Fraudulent so i call them and they then act like i can only have 1 card to my name even though it was'nt a problem in the past untill now i start makeing money and o its a huge deal now and they want me to fax a id and bill to them to unlock them then they will close all the cards besides one. Luckly i had no money on them besides $16 so im not even going to bother with them i will keep them locked and use my other cards that i had for the past 3 years. It gose to show when u start makeing money thats when all these b***h Co.s want to get in your bussiness i bet i could had 100 cards and never used them and never would they had a problem with how many one has and to top it off they charge 2.50 for each depiost on the card 2.50 for atm w/d .99 just to call them.

So if your useing metabank issued cards like Upside card and Netspend cards and u have more then one dont be shocked if they lock your cards when you start makeing money on them.

aspkin 02-24-2009 11:38 AM

I had the same problem with another one of those debit prepaid cards.. they don't like it when you buy a whole bunch of cards for whatever reason. I would do fine for a few months, but then when I bought 12 cards at a time.. they closed them all down. :(

And I only got half my money back..

doughboykilla 02-24-2009 05:31 PM

Yeah i got 12 cards counting the netspend and the upside cards which use the same bank so thats probly what it is.

king02 02-24-2009 08:05 PM

I had a problem with netspend I transfered money from my paypal account to the netspend metabank card and the named didn't match so they said they would hold my $4000 until I add the person name on my paypal account onto my debit card account so I did that then they said that they already returned it back to paypal all I have to say is F*** netspend and metabank and everyone else who uses them try to get a rush card yall they use chase bank

aspkin 02-24-2009 11:17 PM

Yes, it was netspend for me as well... I don't recommend them. :(

Simon all the way.

ebaykilla 02-25-2009 09:15 AM

i have no idea why any usa based person would not use simon virtual cards unless they don't have a credit card of their own. simon is simply the best...

doughboykilla 02-25-2009 11:46 AM

I dont think simon cards has the opition to load with ACH like netspend

I tried useing simon paying with paypal funds through the plug-in and both times they locked the cards and kept my money

If i need just a giftcard i will goto walgreens and buy them its safe an simple that way no risk Dep looking over your back

king02 02-26-2009 08:21 PM

doughboykilla they didn't refund the money back to your paypal account wihen they lock your card cause they is illegal to keep your money

doughboykilla 02-28-2009 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by king02 (Post 77235)
doughboykilla they didn't refund the money back to your paypal account wihen they lock your card cause they is illegal to keep your money

Not sure the paypals got limted shortly after so i dont know if they refund it back or not.

But i dont see any use in buying simions giftcards unless u lived alongs ways from a store that sells giftcards cause its much safer going in there and buying the giftcard in cash then useing it as soon as u buy it and when your done u can use that giftcard to buy another :)

sammywantsya 03-23-2009 08:22 PM

def they limited my paypal account and this frustrated me so much =[

GreenBean 03-23-2009 08:44 PM

sammy, paypal limits paypal accounts. Maybe using metabank was part of the problem when you got limited.:pout:

sammywantsya 03-23-2009 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 80249)
sammy, paypal limits paypal accounts. Maybe using metabank was part of the problem when you got limited.:pout:

yes it was and metabank screwed it

not going to use metabank again never i think in my opinion metabank should be closed down on this sub forum.

Ballsack 03-30-2009 10:59 PM

I noticed this card allows you to load your account with a CC. They say your billing details have to the same but how strict are they when it comes to this? If your address is 545 Aspkin Ave. #44 I wonder if the AVS can be fooled by playing with the letters or even leaving out the apt number. For instance, 545 Apskin Ave. or 545 Aspkiin st. or 545 Aspkine Ave.

Dunross 04-27-2009 05:50 PM

Try to get Palm Desert issued Prepaids they work just fine.

freakingebay 06-10-2009 11:32 PM

Netspend sucks. I transferred my from my PP acct one day a few days later checked and saw it was completed. Went to the atm a few hours later and it says NSF. Called customer service and they said they sent it back because my name didn't match. I used a business name on my pp acct. Needless to say, paypal limited my acct.

samk 07-20-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doughboykilla (Post 77024)
I dont think simon cards has the opition to load with ACH like netspend

I tried useing simon paying with paypal funds through the plug-in and both times they locked the cards and kept my money

If i need just a giftcard i will goto walgreens and buy them its safe an simple that way no risk Dep looking over your back

When you say: "I tried useing simon paying with paypal funds through the plug-in and both times they locked the cards and kept my money "

Are you referring to that you used the simon gift card to link to paypal and then linked ebay account to pay fees from paypal and then they locked your account?