Questions on New Entropay VCC in the UK - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Credit Card Alternatives

Credit Card Alternatives Prepaid, Gift, Debit and Credit Cards. Credit Card Alternatives. Bank Account Verification and Alternatives.

Old 07-15-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default Questions on New Entropay VCC in the UK

Hi All

I have a couple of newbie questions which I hope you guys can help with. I've had a good search of the site for these specific questions.

I'm in the UK and I’ve just successfully opened a new Entropay VCC and used my credit card to top it up with £50 successfully, but now have a couple of questions that I'm struggling to find any current info on, which I hope you folks can help with.

Question 1
For a newly opened Entropay VCC can anyone tell me what the maximum amount I can top the VCC up to?

There may be occasions when I need to place an ebay bid or a buy-it-now for items ranging from £20 up to £1000. If the Entropay VCC is limited to a low top-up maximum, how do you go about getting it raised?

Surely, if you are adding funds directly to the VCC then the funds are there and guaranteed, so the idea of the VCC having a credit limit becomes redundant as you are controlling the credit limit of the VCC by how much you top it up with.

Question 2
I’m based in the UK with a UK bank account and Entropay also has a bank account in the UK based in London - thus no ‘international’ transfers should need to take place, I would assume.

Unfortunately Entropay does not provide a ‘Sort Code’ with their transfer details which my UK bank account requires in order to transfer money to their London bank.

Is there anyone here in the UK that has successfully transferred money to their Entropay VCC from their UK bank account? If yes, did you ask Entropay for their Sort Code?

Many thanks & cheers
UZ
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-15-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Questions on New Entropay VCC in the UK

If you are looking to buy really expensive items you would be a lot better off using your own debit or credit card.
Old 07-15-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

When you get the means to do bank transfers for top ups, you do get the needed info.

Limits etc are best directed to entropay support.

Have you thought of asking them?

Old 07-18-2016
Threadstarter  

Hi Both

Thanks for feedback.

Yes, your suggestion to contact Entropay is one I have planned to do, but was just curious to know from others experiences beforehand. Using my own CC for high value bidding and buy-it-know, would that not break my stealth in paypal?

When you select 'Top-up by Bank Transfer' the only sending details Entropay gives you are:
  • Account Holder
  • Bank
  • City/Town
  • Account Number
  • SWIFT
  • IBAN
  • Account Currency
  • Reference

As you can see there is NO 'Sort Code' given by Entropay even though they have a Barclays Bank based in London - very weird.

I can only assume - based on the sending details Entropay has given that it only receives 'International' bank transfers, hence the SWIFT code. If this is the case, bank transfers will be very, very expensive, as my bank charges for international transfers. Add my bank charges and Entropay changes together and this method becomes untenable.

I will ask Entropay for their Sort Code, so I can then do a UK bank to UK bank transfer that my bank does not charge for.

Cheers
UZ
Old 07-18-2016

Longevity: 55%

Regarding your question about if using your own CC for buying and if using PayPal won't doing that reveal your real identity to them. You don't have to buy on eBay and/or using PayPal. You could check out Amazon for buying purposes, so not using PayPal and no chance of your real ID being discovered by them. There are other sites you can use to buy from with no PayPal links so your ID stays safe.
Old 07-20-2016
Threadstarter  

Had this info sent by Entropay and posted below to help anyone else regards this question in the future as this info is not posted anywhere on their FAQ section.

Starter Account:
  • The limit of your virtual card is GBP150.00 due to the Starter account loading limit.
Please note that if you add your postal address and you verify the email address your account will automatically upgrade to Basic.

Basic Account:
Your basic account gives you the following limits:
  • Load up to GBP2,000 every 12 months
  • Withdraw up to GBP80 every 12 months
Should you wish this limit to be increased further to our Premium account, we will need to fully verify your account.

Premium Account:
Your Premier account gives you the following limits:
  • Load up to GBP10,000 per month
  • Withdraw up to GBP35,000 per month

In order to do this, please forward the following documentation:
- A copy of a valid photo ID (both sides), such as: National ID card, Passport, Driving License, Official government issued Photo ID (Army, Police, Diplomatic), or residency permit
– Proof of address, such as: a postal bank statement, a postal credit card statement, a mobile phone bill, an online utility bill or financial statement.

Cheers
UZ