eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   CryptoCurrency (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/cryptocurrency/)
-   -   Is Coinbase Safe? Concerns and Questions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/cryptocurrency/112995-coinbase-safe-concerns-questions.html)

MoneyTalk 12-17-2017 12:38 PM

Is Coinbase Safe? Concerns and Questions

Hey recently I really been getting into to crytopcurrency would you say Coinbase is a safe and good place to buy/sell and currency?

Also when I set up my shop I'm playing on accepting litecoin does anyone know a good place I can use?

duffrageous 12-17-2017 12:44 PM

Re: Is Coinbase Safe? Concerns and Questions

Coinbase is the best place to buy, but make sure you're comfortable with the given price because it can take about a week to get your funds in there unless you are willing to use your debit card. If you plan to purchase over $1000, I recommend using Gemini with a wire transfer because you pay no fees except the wire fee to deposit. Also, these exchanges may start to report your name and address if you plan on becoming a mid or large holder of cryptocurrency. The regulations currently in place are minimal, but govts around the world are starting to push regulations through.

elmo 12-17-2017 01:57 PM

Coinbase/ Gdax / Gemini are the safest exchanges imo.

Make sure to get verified before using to avoid verification delays

te37 12-18-2017 12:02 AM

I have been using coinbase for about a month now with no issues. I have wired money to my account, I have used my bank account to transfer money and used my cc to buy btc. It can be slow at times but Bitcoin is booming now and they are trying to upgrade their infrastructure. Used gdax also, same company.

dachilla 12-18-2017 03:17 AM

Personally for webwallet I use blockchain.info

If you want it more secure and don't want to invest money in a hardwarewallet (yet) I'd recommend a software wallet like exodus.io Simply download, it's pretty much self explaining. With exodus you can receive and save your LTC easily.

duffrageous 12-18-2017 11:16 AM

Does blockchain.info allow bitcoin and altcoin deposits from a bank account?

slokor 12-18-2017 11:44 AM

Ill never work with coinbase after the horror stories I heard about them locking up accounts.
That's all I need - a paypal like company holding my bitcoin. The whole point of bitcoin to me was to avoid big brother - not to place my blind trust in a clone of the old model operation.
I keep my Bitcoin in a software wallet on my computer and move it to my hardware/cold storage wallets. Holding on to it for the long run this is the only way to do things as far as Im concerned.

dachilla 12-18-2017 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 890822)
Ill never work with coinbase after the horror stories I heard about them locking up accounts.
That's all I need - a paypal like company holding my bitcoin. The whole point of bitcoin to me was to avoid big brother - not to place my blind trust in a clone of the old model operation.
I keep my Bitcoin in a software wallet on my computer and move it to my hardware/cold storage wallets. Holding on to it for the long run this is the only way to do things as far as Im concerned.

Exactly!

A webwallet kinda makes sense if you want to store smaller amounts. But even then I'd stay away from coinbase exactly because of what slokor heard, cuz I heard the same rumors.

dachilla 12-18-2017 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duffrageous (Post 890810)

Not really sure about that as I use it as a wallet only. I don't buy my coins from there. However, as far as I know you can buy coins on blockchain.info. and you can buy it with bank deposit. Blockchain.info however only supports BTC, BCH and ETH

vogeltron 12-18-2017 11:45 PM

If you store your coins on Coinbase make sure you use the 2FA Authentication with Google not the SMS. Makes it much harder to get hacked. If you are serious I highly suggest a Trezor or Ledger Cold Storage device.

duffrageous 12-19-2017 03:09 PM

Couldn't someone just access your computer and check your gmail? How could they do that with SMS without installing a malicious program on the phone through the app/play store or a browser hijacking object that you authorize to install?

vogeltron 12-20-2017 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duffrageous (Post 891095)
Couldn't someone just access your computer and check your gmail? How could they do that with SMS without installing a malicious program on the phone through the app/play store or a browser hijacking object that you authorize to install?

People large amounts of funds have reported having their Phone Number ported.

duffrageous 12-20-2017 01:48 PM

Don't they need your password too? I will change my pin code from the last 4 of my social to make sure this doesn't happen.

Elifkhan 06-25-2018 01:14 PM

I have been using coinbase for about a month now with no issues. I have wired money to my account, I have used my bank account to transfer money and used my cc to buy btc. It can be slow at times but Bitcoin is booming now and they are trying to upgrade their infrastructure. Used gdax also, same company.

Emma1890 06-25-2018 01:47 PM

@NasterXchange 06-27-2018 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 890822)

They are all kind of stories with CoinBase, positive as well as negative.
Once you are verified, there should be no issue buying and selling instantly. You should go and make your own experience.

nate 06-27-2018 09:24 AM

Why am I getting the impression these last 3 posts are all from the same person? Empire maybe?

@NasterXchange 06-27-2018 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nate (Post 927552)
Why am I getting the impression these last 3 posts are all from the same person? Empire maybe?

Could you specify your doubts please and why?
I'm new on this forum and I don't have the time to manage multiple accounts. Not sure if you are talking about me?

itchibit 07-06-2018 03:14 AM

Yes Coinbase are one of the safest and most regulated exhanges next to bitstamp

slokor 07-06-2018 05:07 AM

Said it before and will say it again - Ill NEVER deal with coinbase.
Theyre the 'paypal' of Bitcoin as far as Im concerned.
Do the research and read the horror stories about them and their crap service.

Play 07-06-2018 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itchibit (Post 929321)
Yes Coinbase are one of the safest and most regulated exhanges next to bitstamp

I'd say coinbase are a good place to start, get the hang of things. But if you're storing a significant sum of money, i'd move it into a hardware wallet of some sort.

rsot 07-08-2018 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 929342)
Said it before and will say it again - Ill NEVER deal with coinbase.
Theyre the 'paypal' of Bitcoin as far as Im concerned.
Do the research and read the horror stories about them and their crap service.

Coinbase does have crap service and tends to delay things leading to problems on cashing out.