Scammed 145k :( - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > CryptoCurrency

CryptoCurrency Discuss all CryptoCurrencies / coins and their use for personal or business purposes. Bitcoin (BTC) is possibly the best known but there are numerous crypto currencies, this is the forum to discuss them all.

Old 06-24-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 41%
Default Scammed 145k :(

Long story short i am screwed, ive been scammed over 145k pounds in the space of a month, just typing up this my hands are shaking i honestly feel like giving up.

Everything i have worked for has gone, life savings which i had plans for literally gone,

I need help if anyway i can recover my money or if this is it, basically someone i was chatting to not a friend more a scam artist convinced me to start trading through this app called SEHK, in all honestly the person didn't push the trading on me at first it was me and my dumb self but once i started trading the person was convincing me to put more money into it the better, basically ive been buying USDT through binance and getting a USDT address from this SEHK platform where ive been making trades on at first it seemed like i was making profit etc, when i come to withdraw the money they asked me to pay 20% tax i paid that then they asked for 10% security deposit which i paid now there asking for service fees which ive not paid because now i feel there taking the piss and it seems like there just trying to get me to transfer money to them, the service fee is 5% there saying once i pay the 5% the money will be withdraw to my binance but tbh they said that when i paid the deposit, whats strange is before this transfer i done a test transferred of 100$ from the sehk account to my binance account and they approved it, they have said anything under 200k dollars has no tax on it and no deposit etc

now i have in total invested over 145k pounds and my money is stuck there saying its still in sehk but i think ive been scammed,

has anyone used this app before SEHK its a Hong Kong based app, i phoned the bank there basically telling me to piss off what do i do i am screwed or is there a chance i could get my money back i have all the chat logged on whatssapp and all the transfers from binance and my bank

if someone can help me please i am begging anyone who has knowledge in this field to help me please

HOW COULD I BE SO STUPID HONESTLY THE WORST THINGS JUST HAPPEN TO ME :(

Last edited by assad; 06-24-2021 at 06:31 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-24-2021
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 18%
Longevity: 40%
Default Re: Scammed 145k :(

****! I feel for you mate I can’t give you any advice but I hope someone on hear can Good Luck
Old 06-24-2021

Activity: 15%

Quote:
Originally Posted by assad View Post
Long story short i am screwed, ive been scammed over 145k pounds in the space of a month, just typing up this my hands are shaking i honestly feel like giving up.

Everything i have worked for has gone, life savings which i had plans for literally gone,

I need help if anyway i can recover my money or if this is it, basically someone i was chatting to not a friend more a scam artist convinced me to start trading through this app called SEHK, in all honestly the person didn't push the trading on me at first it was me and my dumb self but once i started trading the person was convincing me to put more money into it the better, basically ive been buying USDT through binance and getting a USDT address from this SEHK platform where ive been making trades on at first it seemed like i was making profit etc, when i come to withdraw the money they asked me to pay 20% tax i paid that then they asked for 10% security deposit which i paid now there asking for service fees which ive not paid because now i feel there taking the piss and it seems like there just trying to get me to transfer money to them, the service fee is 5% there saying once i pay the 5% the money will be withdraw to my binance but tbh they said that when i paid the deposit, whats strange is before this transfer i done a test transferred of 100$ from the sehk account to my binance account and they approved it, they have said anything under 200k dollars has no tax on it and no deposit etc

now i have in total invested over 145k pounds and my money is stuck there saying its still in sehk but i think ive been scammed,

has anyone used this app before SEHK its a Hong Kong based app, i phoned the bank there basically telling me to piss off what do i do i am screwed or is there a chance i could get my money back i have all the chat logged on whatssapp and all the transfers from binance and my bank

if someone can help me please i am begging anyone who has knowledge in this field to help me please

HOW COULD I BE SO STUPID HONESTLY THE WORST THINGS JUST HAPPEN TO ME :(
People like you in similar situations are the reason why all high street banks stop retail investors transferring a couple of grand in to their coinbase or binance accounts until they go through fraud check and listen to the fraud department ramble on about the risks of crypto and investing lol.

What the hell were you thinking ? You progressively move to large amounts when you see short term gains and successfully withdraw. And you always do your own due diligence and research.

The company does seem legit though so I think it's a case of just paying their extortionate service fees and withdrawing.
The Following User Says Thank You to james_112233 For This Useful Post:
bruh (06-29-2021)
Old 06-24-2021

Longevity: 20%

Multiple crypto exchanges closing over night and "losing" client funds. Recently in South Africa 2 brothers vanished with over 69 000 client bitcoins and closed down their exchange (Africrypt) due to a "hack". Before that the founder of MTI also vanished with a billion dollars of client bitcoins.
The Following User Says Thank You to DENDEN76 For This Useful Post:
PepsiCoin (06-26-2021)
Old 06-24-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENDEN76 View Post
Multiple crypto exchanges closing over night and "losing" client funds. Recently in South Africa 2 brothers vanished with over 69 000 client bitcoins and closed down their exchange (Africrypt) due to a "hack". Before that the founder of MTI also vanished with a billion dollars of client bitcoins.
Who ?

Use reputable exchanges and you will be ok.
Old 06-24-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
People like you in similar situations are the reason why all high street banks stop retail investors transferring a couple of grand in to their coinbase or binance accounts until they go through fraud check and listen to the fraud department ramble on about the risks of crypto and investing lol.

What the hell were you thinking ? You progressively move to large amounts when you see short term gains and successfully withdraw. And you always do your own due diligence and research.

The company does seem legit though so I think it's a case of just paying their extortionate service fees and withdrawing.

What's weird is the first withdrawal i made was like 100$ and that went it to my binance account, i think there just holding my money either that or there is no money and there just trying to milk as much money as possible from me.

Have you heard about this company SEHK before i cant find anything about them on the net, they are just a app from what is looks like this is the site http://www.2sehk.top

I've had to pay them 20% tax via USDT is this normal practice then a 10% deposit for security and now there asking for 5% service fee? They just seem to be adding charges after charges, either that or there customer service team is rubbish, they are based in Hong Kong and use a translater to communicate with me.

A company ive got InTouch

iwith which is Funds Back Ltd are saying they're a scam copy cat company and they will just keep asking for money, they've quoted me 12k to try get the money back from them and 10% on what they get back, they seem to think i have a strong case who knows maybe another scum bag company trying to get more money from me.

Last edited by assad; 06-24-2021 at 12:18 PM.
Old 06-24-2021

Quote:
What's weird is the first withdrawal i made was like 100$ and that went it to my binance account, i think there just holding my money either that or there is no money and there just trying to milk as much money as possible from me.

Have you heard about this company SEHK before i cant find anything about them on the net, they are just a app from what is looks like this is the site http://www.2sehk.top

I've had to pay them 20% tax via USDT is this normal practice then a 10% deposit for security and now there asking for 5% service fee? They just seem to be adding charges after charges, either that or there customer service team is rubbish, they are based in Hong Kong and use a translater to communicate with me.

A company ive got InTouch

iwith which is Funds Back Ltd are saying they're a scam copy cat company and they will just keep asking for money, they've quoted me 12k to try get the money back from them and 10% on what they get back, they seem to think i have a strong case who knows maybe another scum bag company trying to get more money from me.
I genuinely don't know what to say ...

Initially I thought this was a bullsh!te thread to advertise a company you own or will get a kickback from.

Now it sounds like you legitimately chucked in 145k to some unknown exchange ? why would you not stick to the tried and tested popular exchanges ?

Nobody can help you. Certainly not any one asking for money to help. It's your account, you have access to it, you should be able to withdraw your money at a loss or profit after paying whatever fees they're asking because after all most exchanges want a fee but it's usually taken out of the balance you are withdrawing, that's how it works on binance and coinbase, but you know that already right ?
Old 06-24-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
I genuinely don't know what to say ...

Initially I thought this was a bullsh!te thread to advertise a company you own or will get a kickback from.

Now it sounds like you legitimately chucked in 145k to some unknown exchange ? why would you not stick to the tried and tested popular exchanges ?

Nobody can help you. Certainly not any one asking for money to help. It's your account, you have access to it, you should be able to withdraw your money at a loss or profit after paying whatever fees they're asking because after all most exchanges want a fee but it's usually taken out of the balance you are withdrawing, that's how it works on binance and coinbase, but you know that already right ?
Mate this is very real, i have lost everything and dont even feel like getting up in the morning, i want to contact the bank but what will they do? :( ive no one to turn to literally the worst thing ever, ive no plan of action or what do you, there basically holding the money and saying we wont release until you pay the fee charges but i think there just asking for money after money,

first it was the tax 20% then it was a secure deposit which they will pay back and now its the service fees

Last edited by assad; 06-24-2021 at 12:30 PM.
Old 06-24-2021
Threadstarter  

basically i had transferred my money from my bank to my binance account and then to this sehk and was trading on the sehk platform and not i want to withdraw the money from sehk to my binance and there holding the money
Old 06-24-2021
Threadstarter  

I actually want to give up, this is the worst thing to ever happen to me ive worked my whole life for this, is there anyone on here that could help me a little and do some digging on this so called company or track it down to see if it is genuine or a scam? they shouldn't be allowed to do this
Old 06-24-2021
Threadstarter  

I am begging for anyone ones help, this is make or brake for me ive no where to turn? This Funds back company seems to thing they can get some of my money back etc?
Old 06-24-2021

Watch out for PM's from people asking for money to help you.

The bank will most certainly do nothing about it.
Old 06-24-2021
Threadstarter  

Is there any possible way to get my money back or have i just lost a £145300 :(

I literally feel like ending it. everything i have worked for how stupid could i be

There must be something that can be done, i just want my money and this nightmare to be over, i have struggled so much in life and this just tops it off.

Last edited by assad; 06-24-2021 at 02:45 PM.
Old 06-24-2021
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 24%
Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Is there any possible way to get my money back or have i just lost a £145300 :(

I literally feel like ending it. everything i have worked for how stupid could i be

There must be something that can be done, i just want my money and this nightmare to be over, i have struggled so much in life and this just tops it off.
Whats wrong with you? How you lost money? Pay their fees and get your money is it not that simple?

You should read their terms before doing business with them
Old 06-24-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2free View Post
Whats wrong with you? How you lost money? Pay their fees and get your money is it not that simple?

You should read their terms before doing business with them

I cant see there terms or conditions anywhere?? Did you real my full thread or just quickly comment ?

I am a idiot that's what's wrong with me I cant believe what I've done
Old 06-24-2021
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 68%

Do not pay any more of their fees. If they were legit they could take the fees out of the funds of yours they have. They are likely a complete scam. There are lots of them in crypto.

Your bank can do nothing and neither will Binance. Your only chance is to get law enforcement involved. It is sizeable enough that law enforcement may take an interest. The likelyhood of getting the funds back is slim though.

In the mean time use this as a motivator to hustle harder to make back the funds and than some. Feeling sorry for yourself is just wasted energy.
Old 06-24-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

assad,

This totally suxs. I know how hard you have worked. At this point, commit yourself to no paying anyone funds .

Read my pm, please.
GB
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
sax4 (06-30-2021)
Old 06-25-2021

Longevity: 27%

Sorry to hear of your mistake but let this be a lesson to all other readers why think get rich quick schemes are tempting.

I'm with e2free, I can't see how you've 'lost' your money??? (and I have read the thread).
Old 06-25-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Sorry to hear of your mistake but let this be a lesson to all other readers why think get rich quick schemes are tempting.

I'm with e2free, I can't see how you've 'lost' your money??? (and I have read the thread).

Basically the SEHK exchange that ive showed a link above is holding the money who knows its probably done by now and they keep asking for charges first it was 20% tax then a security deposit which is supposedly going to get refunded in 7 days and they said they will withdraw the amount now there saying a service fee before they can withdraw :( they keep asking for fees.
Old 06-25-2021
Threadstarter  

I am actually thinking of trying to track these people and fly out to hong kong.. all there numbers are based in Hong kong
Old 06-25-2021

Longevity: 27%

Quote:
Basically the SEHK exchange that ive showed a link above is holding the money who knows its probably done by now and they keep asking for charges first it was 20% tax then a security deposit which is supposedly going to get refunded in 7 days and they said they will withdraw the amount now there saying a service fee before they can withdraw :( they keep asking for fees.
Then cut your losses and run and put this whole sorry episode down to a once in a lifetime moment of madness.

On the positive side you're a wiser and more diligent person for the experience.
Old 06-25-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Then cut your losses and run and put this whole sorry episode down to a once in a lifetime moment of madness.

On the positive side you're a wiser and more diligent person for the experience.
Mate how can I its 145 thousand pounds its everything I've worked for I feel like giving up how will I tell my family honestly I am still in bed now. I have zero motivation left