eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/dropshipping-wholesale-suppliers/)
-   -   UKraine Courier Scam? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/dropshipping-wholesale-suppliers/126534-ukraine-courier-scam.html)

dawnday 05-24-2019 10:49 PM

UKraine Courier Scam?

Hello,
I have purchased camera lens from Ukraine with no problems; there are many of them on Ebay. A week ago I purchased something different & when it reached Leipzig it has been delayed, an occurrence I have seen in various posts on the Net.
The courier is demanding at least 300 Euros for an 'import license.' The value of the package is 100 Euros.
I spoke to the HMRC and Customs and Excise and they said there would be a Commodity Code which determines whether an I.L. is needed. The courier has not responded to that question and replies to emails demanding the money for the so called license.
HMRC says its likely a scam.
The courier company is Marine Agency Cargo and Logistics. Other than their website they do not have much internet presence: no Twitter account.An account would be normal nowdays for a business.

I've asked DHL if I can pay them to bring the package if Marine- don't back down, waiting for a reply.
This is looking like a scam. Does anyone know of a contact email for the Leipzig sorting depot please? As its unlikely that the courier will deliver the package.
Anyone else had problems with this courier from the Ukraine?

agent006140 05-27-2019 08:27 AM

Re: UKraine Courier Scam?

why not ask the seller who chose to use this carrier?

james_112233 05-27-2019 08:30 AM

How is this your problem ? did the listing say all duties / fees are your responsibility ?

Pedroalva 05-27-2019 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawnday (Post 1005499)
Hello,
I have purchased camera lens from Ukraine with no problems; there are many of them on Ebay. A week ago I purchased something different & when it reached Leipzig it has been delayed, an occurrence I have seen in various posts on the Net.
The courier is demanding at least 300 Euros for an 'import license.' The value of the package is 100 Euros.
I spoke to the HMRC and Customs and Excise and they said there would be a Commodity Code which determines whether an I.L. is needed. The courier has not responded to that question and replies to emails demanding the money for the so called license.
HMRC says its likely a scam.
The courier company is Marine Agency Cargo and Logistics. Other than their website they do not have much internet presence: no Twitter account.An account would be normal nowdays for a business.

I've asked DHL if I can pay them to bring the package if Marine- don't back down, waiting for a reply.
This is looking like a scam. Does anyone know of a contact email for the Leipzig sorting depot please? As its unlikely that the courier will deliver the package.
Anyone else had problems with this courier from the Ukraine?

This courier marina cargo suppose to be via sea is it,
why did you receive the notification from liepzig?