eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/dropshipping-wholesale-suppliers/)
-   -   New Supplier for iPhones (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/dropshipping-wholesale-suppliers/15618-new-supplier-iphones.html)

aking 01-04-2010 11:16 AM

New Supplier for iPhones

Ok, so I ran into someone and they gave me a contact for some iphone wholesalers. I have been kind of leary about buying them. Have been communicating with the supplier via email for awhile. They are supposed to get me tagged photos of the iphones with dates, but they said they are not allowed to give out the serial numbers of the iphones due to an Apple policy. Something about counterfeiters using the real numbers to make clones.

They accept paypal so I'm thinking I should be safe if something goes wrong, I should be able to dispute and get my money back. What do you guys think?

Should I purchase them? I'm getting 2 3GS 32GB iphones for $1050.

niemillonen 01-04-2010 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aking (Post 117853)
but they said they are not allowed to give out the serial numbers of the iphones due to an Apple policy. Something about counterfeiters using the real numbers to make clones.

They accept paypal so I'm thinking I should be safe if something goes wrong, I should be able to dispute and get my money back. What do you guys think?

Should I purchase them? I'm getting 2 3GS 32GB iphones for $1050.

First I've been buying / selling / importing Apple iPhones too, and for that Apple policy I can agreed. It's said somewhere on their site (if I remember correctly) that legitimate Apple resellers are not allowed to display serials of any kind in photos or selling description. This was on file also when supplying from factory.

I think your covered. I think PayPal has better protection for buyers that sellers. Or that I've heard.

Price is not cheap nor pricier. In finland unlocked phones cost somewhere that to importers.

aking 01-04-2010 01:48 PM

Well the supplier went to the "warehouse" and took pictures of the iphones with my name and date tagged. The one good thing I can say about this guy is that he is very responsive and thorough in his explanations and very detailed in answering my questions. He also checks his emails very regularly which I like. I must say I am pretty impressed thus far.

He has gone as far as asking how many iphones I think I will need per month as to make sure he can have them readily available. He also sent a list of other items that he can supply me as well. I told him I am looking for a long term business relationship and I will buy them as long as he's going to supply them.

I think I am going to go ahead and purchase the 2 iphones.

Burning 01-04-2010 08:33 PM

Before you proceed with the transaction, paypal is not as good as you think it is. I recently got scammed by someone who sent me the wrong items on purpose. I went to open a paypal claim as "not as described," after 2 or 3 days I escalate the claim so paypal can look into it. After 1 minute I got an email telling me that the dispute has been canceled since they do not cover purchases outside ebay.

aking 01-04-2010 09:06 PM

oooohhh, yea i forgot about that.

Burning 01-04-2010 10:03 PM

But you can always open a dispute with your credit card.

GreenBean 01-05-2010 08:14 AM

Geeze, Sky.Please send the PM yourself. Don't be lazy. You want the business do the work yourself.

aking 01-05-2010 09:11 AM

Purchased 2 iphones. I'll let you guys know how it went. I think I finally found a legit wholesaler with factory unlocked iphones. I won't get too excited yet.

Burning 01-05-2010 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aking (Post 117963)
Purchased 2 iphones. I'll let you guys know how it went. I think I finally found a legit wholesaler with factory unlocked iphones. I won't get too excited yet.

Yea please tell me how it goes. I wanted to buy a iphone for myself but they are pretty expensive on ebay....

idiotbay 01-06-2010 06:31 AM

did you use your credit card ?

s7evin 01-11-2010 06:19 AM

Interested too :)

XTremepballerX 01-14-2010 12:04 AM

Lets us know plz, also best wishes for you, since there are tons of scammers out ther .

OfficialGenius 01-14-2010 12:14 AM

Keep us updated! It's been about almost 2 weeks. :)

vetus 01-15-2010 10:27 PM

I'm interested, PM me details please.

NZT 01-16-2010 04:14 AM

Burning when you got scammed did you manage to recover your funds using your credit card dispute process?

That is definetely a tip to use a credit card for any purchases rather than a debit card (no cover)

Interested if the credit card companies fight your corner if you are ripped off.

Burning 01-16-2010 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neo (Post 119847)
Burning when you got scammed did you manage to recover your funds using your credit card dispute process?

That is definetely a tip to use a credit card for any purchases rather than a debit card (no cover)

Interested if the credit card companies fight your corner if you are ripped off.

Actually it was the fact that the supplier purposely sent me the wrong item. The supplier won't contact me anymore, then I decided to open a dispute but paypal decided in there favor. They told me that they do not cover not as described claims. But, I did not really care that much since I could still sell the items and make a little bit of profit. But, luckily I only bought 2pcs of the item.

aking 01-16-2010 09:17 PM

I got scammed as well. I bought 2 iphones from this person and they sent me 2 ==== China iphones. I must admit, they are pretty good ====s. Its no big deal, I will still sell them but kinda upset that I still have yet to find an iphone supplier. I was ready to lose that money when I ordered it. The supplier has not responded to any of my emails and didn't even bother to give me a tracking number. The supplier was from Finland.

Just as a lessons learned, be careful ordering from Finland, not saying they are all fraudulent, but this one was.

jaiambema 01-17-2010 06:28 PM

GUYS THERE ARE MANY SCAMMERS OVER HERE SO WATCH OUT!!! I JUST GOT SCAMMED FROM ONE OF THE FINNISH USER ID "niemillonen" HER EMAIL ADD IS niemillonen@gmail.com.

She sells Iphone 3gs 32GB Unlocked for $660. And after payment from paypal she never replys, and sends me a clone china made iphone costs only $50. So that's the game BEAWARE OF SUCH TYPE OF FINNISH SCAMMERS.

GreenBean 01-17-2010 06:54 PM

jaiambema

Why did you buy from someone NOT authorized to sell anything on this forum?
Did you pay any attention to this thread from aspkin?
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/buy-sel...g-scammed.html
Buyer Beware always applies.

kingfish900 01-17-2010 07:08 PM

it sounds some what legit, however i would fully research and look into every aspect of the seller before you buy. burning made a good point, that sometimes its not the best option to file a dispute with paypal. some times its better to file a chargeback with your credit card company which you can always do. i have done a handful of chargebacks and surprisngly my bank has always been understanding. i fill out a few documents and a week later they return the funds to my account. never once been rejected. the issue with paypal is, is that its safe and secure to a degree. if the user simply withdraws the money from his paypal account and from the bank account and paypal cant recover the funds, then your often screwed. This is a common occurence.

kingfish900 01-17-2010 07:10 PM

paypal isnt as secure as many think. their are many loopholes.

boss 01-24-2010 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burning (Post 117909)
But you can always open a dispute with your credit card.

I just wanted to point out that while you CAN open a dispute with your credit card, PP policies clearly state that if you use your CC with PP any coverage you may get from your CC is voided & you can only technically use PP dispute. No bull!

Some CC companies have caught on to this and will not honor your claim.

Just FYI, YMMV