eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/dropshipping-wholesale-suppliers/)
-   -   Is buying dvds form dhgate safe? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/dropshipping-wholesale-suppliers/17306-buying-dvds-form-dhgate-safe.html)

Skys The Limit 03-19-2010 02:59 AM

Is buying dvds form dhgate safe?

Is Buying dvds form dhgate I want to buy dvd box sets i want too know if it safe they do not do crappy jobs do they? :help:

acewondersx 03-19-2010 04:34 AM

Honestly almost everything on that site is counterfeit. The chinese make some of the best copies I've ever seen. Most cases your customers will never know the difference; but you're ****ed if the DVD company comes after you.

philly387 03-19-2010 11:02 AM

If you arent selling hundreds of them the DVD company won't come after you. And if you are using a stealth account, where are they really going to look for you at??? Anyways, selling counterfeit items is not a great way to go with any business.

Don't get any brand name items from Dhgate as they will be counterfeit.

doughboykilla 03-19-2010 11:21 AM

Yeah they do a great job i have some blurays from china theres really good copys and will fool almost any american buyer.

philly's right if ur selling a box set here and box set there they are not going to come after you it would cost them more in money an man power then its worth to take down ever small time bootlegger out there.

jbluntz 03-19-2010 12:00 PM

So I guess that leaves us big timers out then lol, I take it not many people here are into buying cars and houses and stuff like that, any typical job can give you money for all that petty stuff, this is the stuff you need for all those higher priced items.

doughboykilla 03-19-2010 12:16 PM

you could always spread your sells out over multiple ids so u dont sell so much under 1 user id

theres a buyer on ebay name ***** they sell about 300 bootleg dvds each day with 99.9% postive feedback. The dvds they sale are china knock offs and there still going i rember them from way way back selling them on ebay.

OfficialGenius 03-19-2010 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doughboykilla (Post 129376)
you could always spread your sells out over multiple ids so u dont sell so much under 1 user id

theres a buyer on ebay name ****** they sell about 300 bootleg dvds each day with 99.9% postive feedback. The dvds they sale are china knock offs and there still going i rember them from way way back selling them on ebay.

Wow and he doesn't even sell box sets just single dvd's, lol

jbluntz 03-19-2010 12:35 PM

Yeah I've seen many sellers like that, I've seen some make thousands selling the same piece of counterfeit software and nothing else day after day and they were top rated sellers with %100 positive feedback and the guy told me himself his supply came straight from dhgate.

OfficialGenius 03-19-2010 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbuntz (Post 129380)
Yeah I've seen many sellers like that, I've seen some make thousands selling the same piece of counterfeit software and nothing else day after day and they were top rated sellers with %100 positive feedback and the guy told me himself his supply came straight from dhgate.

On top of that he doesn't even have the case for any of them and he's still receiving positives and continue to be accepted to sell them. :shocked:

doughboykilla 03-19-2010 11:36 PM

yeah that persons been a memeber at least 4-5 years now he/she was on another id about 3 years ago and it finly got banned for some reason it was a powerseller account then they made that new id and feedbacks up in the 13k's alrdy you know there making hella money.

jamblix 03-19-2010 11:53 PM

Every single seller I've been tracking selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ dvd box sets have been shut down. There was someone who was doing pretty well with almost 1000 feedback they have recently shut down with no more items for sale when they were averaging 100 sales per month. They're still receiving positive feedback and have been out of business for over a 30 days with no signs of coming back. Most likely cause is they got taken down by somebody or something.
(eBay, paypal, competitor?)

It's safe to buy off DHgate.com you just need to find the right suppliers. They have a good system of payment and provide a solid rating system so you can gauge the type of supplier you're thinking to buy from.

Not all of there merchandise is ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name brand products. DHgate has a plethora of unbranded goods that would sell like hotcakes on eBay with the right dedication.

oge 03-20-2010 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamblix (Post 129438)
Every single seller I've been tracking selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ dvd box sets have been shut down. There was someone who was doing pretty well with almost 1000 feedback they have recently shut down with no more items for sale when they were averaging 100 sales per month. They're still receiving positive feedback and have been out of business for over a 30 days with no signs of coming back. Most likely cause is they got taken down by somebody or something.
(eBay, paypal, competitor?)

It's safe to buy off DHgate.com you just need to find the right suppliers. They have a good system of payment and provide a solid rating system so you can gauge the type of supplier you're thinking to buy from.

Not all of there merchandise is ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name brand products. DHgate has a plethora of unbranded goods that would sell like hotcakes on eBay with the right dedication.

Yes the only was to do this selling right is spreading them over alot of accounts then you can keep selling.Most sellers just try to do it with one and then get suspended and then the cycle begins.....

jbluntz 03-20-2010 01:16 AM

Also you can get alot more out of the account if you sell lower priced legit items until you get your feedback up into the hundreds or thousands.

Skys The Limit 03-21-2010 02:05 AM

How that guys sell them with out cases dose he say its for replacements like this one seller dose??

philly387 03-21-2010 08:44 AM

I looked at those DVD's the guy has and they really don't look like knock-offs.

jamblix 03-21-2010 07:24 PM

You would be surprised how good Chinese knock-offs are. In the beginning I accidentally bought some ⊗⊗⊗⊗ Bose in ear headphones and a couple DVD box sets to resell. The profit margins were outrageous and I thought I struck gold. They looked, felt and sounded all real. Only way you can tell they are ⊗⊗⊗⊗ are minuscule details.

For example on the Bose headphones the lettering on the cover box for the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ones have a greenish tint while the real ones are fully yellow. The ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ones do not have little holes in the ear-buds and are made of a cheaper plastic. The real ones come with a warranty and individual serial numbers.

For the DVD box sets it really depends on the manufacturer creating them. Some are so real the only way you can tell they are ⊗⊗⊗⊗ are serial numbers. Others are made so poorly you can see in plain site Chinese lettering where it shouldn't be. Some DVDs are not in working order, different color besides silver, misspelled words and different original manufacturers packaging altogether.

I will say this though, the average American buyer who is not looking for ⊗⊗⊗⊗ when the package comes in the mail, will not be able to tell they are knock-offs. However, one day you will get caught if you're not smart about it. Keep your customers happy, refund the ones who aren't.

In the end it all depends on your morals. Do you really want to risk selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ merchandise? The profit margins are incredible sure but, there is definitely more risk involved, you can't exactly tell your friends and family you're selling counterfeit merchandise for a living, you will not be able to provide legit supplier information to PayPal or eBay if they ask for it, you get shut-down more and most importantly I mean you're selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ****. Wouldn't you feel guilty about it in the longer run?

I have nothing against selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ though as long as the customer who bought it is happy.

OfficialGenius 03-21-2010 08:01 PM

^^^Thanks for blowing up 1 of my valuable profitable items. :rolleyes:

oge 03-21-2010 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OfficialGenius (Post 129742)
^^^Thanks for blowing up 1 of my valuable profitable items. :rolleyes:

LoL hook me up OG.

OfficialGenius 03-22-2010 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oge (Post 129749)
LoL hook me up OG.

I will bro, he just happened to share a product that I haven't started reselling yet but I had in mind for months :ahhhhhh:

aspkin 03-23-2010 10:25 AM

If selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ is what you do, then that's fine I don't hold anything against you, but please do not bring it to the forum.

Thread closed.