eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/dropshipping-wholesale-suppliers/)
-   -   DhGate- seller will refund if I revise feedback- true? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/dropshipping-wholesale-suppliers/21753-dhgate-seller-will-refund-if-i-revise-feedback-true.html)

SlickJane 08-18-2010 12:42 PM

DhGate- seller will refund if I revise feedback- true?

Hi,

I was unhappy with a purchase from DHGate. The seller has agreed to a partial refund if I revise my negative feedback. They want me to revise before the refund, though. They said DHGate will force them to revise, since they said they would.
Are they telling the truth? I am worried I will revise my feedback and then they won't give me the refund.
Any insight? Thanks

pod 08-18-2010 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickJane (Post 159842)
Are they telling the truth?

Obviously the only person that can answer that is the seller

Me, I would remove feedback after credit

However, is this a fair request on your part? Or are you being an unreasonable buyer? It will make a difference in how seller acts I would think

IDK 08-18-2010 06:27 PM

If this was eBay I would says trust the seller. I've gotten out of trouble many times by agreeing to partial refund if positive feedback is left first. That will ensure that I won't have to jump through further hoops. A eBay seller is likely to keep their word because they should know that if they make an enemy out of a buyer they could come back under another account and ruin them. However, DHGATE is no eBay. In fact, those sellers care very little about what feedback they get. They know neg feedback will at least come from people who actually think the stuff they are buying is legit from time to time, so IMO, you should insist on getting your refund first. Just know, from my experience Chinese sellers can be very stubborn. I doubt very seriously they will refund you first. If that is the case you will have to take a chance.

SlickJane 08-18-2010 06:30 PM

I mean, are they telling the truth regarding, since they told me they will issue a refund after the feedback is revised, dhgate will automatically force them to do the refund- like I have dhgate's policies on my side, it's not up to them at this point to reneg on this agreement.
I bought a product which was pretty inferior, I was not pleased. I'm not trying to rip the seller off.
They're saying that if they refund first, they don't have a guarantee I will follow thru with feedback revising- but if I revise first, I DO have a guarantee from dhgate's policy that they will refund.
I was just wondering if that was a real dhgate policy or not. I can't find it outlined anywhere on their website.

SlickJane 08-18-2010 06:33 PM

IDK- yea I've seen those negatives on there before, from buyers who are so pissed they got a ⊗⊗⊗⊗. The negative I left, I said they weren't good ⊗⊗⊗⊗, they weren't ok ⊗⊗⊗⊗, they were horrible, terrible, completely unsellable ⊗⊗⊗⊗ with chinese writing all over them, they're worthless.

pod 08-18-2010 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickJane (Post 159937)
I was just wondering if that was a real dhgate policy or not. I can't find it outlined anywhere on their website.

I see what you are asking. Seller told you there is a refund policy in place.

Well, is the seller not at risk of you doing a chargeback anyway? So if you changed feedback and he wont refund you can still just to a chargeback, no?

jeffweico 08-18-2010 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickJane (Post 159938)
IDK- yea I've seen those negatives on there before, from buyers who are so pissed they got a ⊗⊗⊗⊗. The negative I left, I said they weren't good ⊗⊗⊗⊗, they weren't ok ⊗⊗⊗⊗, they were horrible, terrible, completely unsellable ⊗⊗⊗⊗ with chinese writing all over them, they're worthless.

I just have to thank you here. That is EXACTLY the type of negative feedback I look for,since it tells you about the QUALITY of the items sold. There will always be the morons who think they can get a REAL LV handbag for $50 shipped. Those negatives don't bother me.

It is obviously bothering the seller as well.

teedon 08-18-2010 09:31 PM

Tell them refund you firstly and then you revise the feedback,as Dhgate will force them make you happy before you revise the feedback.

ghostboy 08-19-2010 01:23 PM

Always check the feedback before buying. The lowest price is not always the best value

forummember 08-20-2010 11:06 AM

Get the money first, then revise the feedback.

Burning 08-20-2010 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pod (Post 159944)
I see what you are asking. Seller told you there is a refund policy in place.

Well, is the seller not at risk of you doing a chargeback anyway? So if you changed feedback and he wont refund you can still just to a chargeback, no?

Pod is COMPLETELY right. Basically if you paid by credit card then your safe.

If you revise the feedback and the seller refunds you, then you got out of the situation the easy way. If you revise the feedback and she DOES NOT refund you, then basically open a charge back.

Your covered by your credit card no matter what. The credit card company will ask for ALL the messages sent between you and the buyer. They will judge accordingly..

The only pitfall I see in this, is the fact that you will have to pay for the shipping costs back to the supplier if the credit card company "were" to make you send the item back.

dstar1230 10-29-2010 10:36 PM

I am from China,my advice is not same as yours...You revise first,if he won't refund,you can complain to DHgate,they will help you.Do not worry

Imback2010 10-31-2010 05:00 PM

with the dhgate feedback system you can revise it more than once last time i checked, you will have to double check thou. but no you should not revise until you get your partial.

teedon 11-01-2010 11:48 AM

you may go check for some other else supplier or platform,not is dhgate,as it seems more and more complaints appear about this website now.

holymoly 12-04-2010 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedon (Post 159984)
Tell them refund you firstly and then you revise the feedback,as Dhgate will force them make you happy before you revise the feedback.

Exactly right...listen to the man/woman.