eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/dropshipping-wholesale-suppliers/)
-   -   Buying stock and paying for it..? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/dropshipping-wholesale-suppliers/39420-buying-stock-paying.html)

Callidus 11-19-2011 04:26 AM

Buying stock and paying for it..?

Just a quick question of getting a feel of how people pay for their stock and also covering their backside incase they dont actually receive their goods.

I think this actually contributed to the limitation I had back in June. I was buying all my stock through paypal 500$ a time etc (I was and am still a noob looking at this forums detail).

What other ways are safe to be paying for stock abroad (China) but also making sure if you dont receive it you can get your money back?

Thanks

GreenBean 11-19-2011 04:32 AM

Not buying from China works for me :rolleyes:

Are you saying in a roundabout way, you were drop shipping and got stung?

NEVER pay for goods with the same paypal you use on ebay. (Never let the (l) hand know what the (R) hand does).

Have enough cash beside you to do business :juggle:

More accurate facts will help with responses :suspicious:

Callidus 11-19-2011 04:42 AM

Quote:

Just a quick question of getting a feel of how people pay for their stock and also covering their backside in case they dont actually receive their goods
No I thought it was quite clear in my first post that I just wanted to know if people pay for goods via PayPal or another method as this could of been why I got limited?

Stealth account needed for the buying side then I take it.

Today im going to be doing lots of reading, #stealthguide

GreenBean 11-19-2011 04:50 AM

Was not so clear.

To purchase, try to avoid using the paypal associated with ebay. Questions might be asked about the origins of your goods. 'China' can be problematic.

Some users, myself included, use paypal with credit card as funding source. Advantage there.

Establish trust with a seller B4 making a deal. Expect to have troubles & have a contingency plan.

Avoid buying from China still works for me :boink:

Callidus 11-19-2011 04:55 AM

Greenbean, so you attach a credit card to PayPal account and send the funds direct from the CC?

I always thought this was basically paying with Paypal is it not..
I have been dealing with my supplier for a long while and very reliable.

I have problems finding suppliers in the UK they always want so many references!

ingle92protege 11-19-2011 06:32 AM

If you attach your CC to a paypal and pay for the goods and you don't get them, you can do a chargeback.

Callidus 11-19-2011 07:22 AM

Ingle totally understand how it works, the point im making your still logging into that PayPal account that im selling off but just sending the money off my CC. I take it what comes off the CC has nothing to do with PP.

beneysz 11-19-2011 08:29 AM

yeh use two sparate pp accounts for your stock purchases & for selling.

Find a supplier that youve worked with enough in the past & trust to do direct bank transfers. Id only suggest doing this if its to a business account.

And as GreenBean mentioned dont buy from china (obviously not my preffered option!)

Callidus 11-19-2011 02:36 PM

beneysz - the account I need to setup for buying would this need to be a stealth account though surely ?

FandangoKango 11-19-2011 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hdavey10 (Post 288113)
Just a quick question of getting a feel of how people pay for their stock and also covering their backside incase they dont actually receive their goods.

I think this actually contributed to the limitation I had back in June. I was buying all my stock through paypal 500$ a time etc (I was and am still a noob looking at this forums detail).

What other ways are safe to be paying for stock abroad (China) but also making sure if you dont receive it you can get your money back?

Thanks

Pay with credit card or a debit card linked to a real bank checking account.

beneysz 11-20-2011 12:24 AM

Hdavey10-yes the account would have to be stealth, unless you just paid direct of your cc or debit card.

Callidus 11-20-2011 05:04 AM

beneysz - so I can setup another Paypal with the same information as my limited account and just attach a CC and use it for buying only and that would be fine?

beneysz 11-20-2011 05:29 AM

As far as im aware that wouldnt work - think the details would have to be different (fully stealth) if the cc is different to the suspended account should be ok..

in any case re the details of getting this 100% right id suggest you ask some of the more experienced members on here for advice

Callidus 11-24-2011 02:41 AM

Going back to this, if I pay a supplier off the same PP that I am retrieving money for sales on, via my CC and not PP funds is this ok?

GreenBean 11-24-2011 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hdavey10 (Post 288377)
beneysz - so I can setup another Paypal with the same information as my limited account and just attach a CC and use it for buying only and that would be fine?

Where did that idea come from? Re-using old info is a sure fire way to have trouble.

And a 'limited' account can not be used. 'Limited' means it is restricted to what happens with it. Depends on the type of limitation.

For stealth, it is preferable to move away from the idea of using old & banned info of any sort :juggle:

There's also a myth happening that straight buyer's accounts have less troubles, Not so true. Any new account must meet ebay/paypal's requirements.

Now I know you are striving to be stealth and do everything correctly. These are the things to know now.:juggle:

GreenBean 11-24-2011 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hdavey10 (Post 289643)
Going back to this, if I pay a supplier off the same PP that I am retrieving money for sales on, via my CC and not PP funds is this ok?

Of course not. Paypal is the conduit for payment whichever way the funds come. (Paypal balance or attached CC....):doh:

Callidus 11-24-2011 04:53 AM

Greenbean - I dont mean to be rude but what planet you on?

1) Beneysz - never said any of that it was me
2) I know what a limited account is, and I know it cannot be used, this wasnt my original question.

Well I dont understand why your saying its not fine to pay for stock off an attached CC...it has nothing to do with PP the funds are coming from the card. Many other users say its fine to pay for stock via PP... why is it different for everyone else?