eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/dropshipping-wholesale-suppliers/)
-   -   Best Way To Ship from China (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/dropshipping-wholesale-suppliers/43290-best-way-ship-china.html)

degsey69 02-29-2012 10:32 PM

Best Way To Ship from China

I am looking to place an order from a chinese manufacturer for about 24 boxes 475mm x 300mm x 220mm and all the boxes weigh about 10 kilos.

I want them air frieghted to me here in the USA, from a supplier I got a shipping label from his boxes which tells me that it was shipped from the manufacturer via Hong Kong and arrived by FedEx Express to USA and then to his premises.

My question is does he arrange for the shipping agent to have the boxes delivered to Hong Kong and then air shipped by FedEx on his own account.

Or did he ask FedEx to pick up from the manufacturer and FedEx used their own logistic agent in Hong Kong to pickup from the factory and have it delivered to Hong Kong and then onto a flight.

Any body know the answers?

rsot 03-01-2012 09:58 AM

/quote

My question is does he arrange for the shipping agent to have the boxes delivered to Hong Kong and then air shipped by FedEx on his own account.

Seems to be the simple and logical choice.

degsey69 03-03-2012 02:27 PM

I do not think they do, but the good news is that I found a US importer that has prices better than quoted from the factory FOB.

I know these prices are what they should be as I had a business in the UK and was buying at prices cheaper on England than the manufacturer is charging me now over here in the states.

Thanks for the reply, hopefully I have sorted out my supply problem.

teedon 03-06-2012 05:07 AM

The answer are very simple.

Shipping agent will send the goods to hong kong and then the shipping agent will use their fedex account to send your goods from hong kong if the tracking is start from hong kong

If the goods are shipping from mainland,then the tracking must display which city ,and then hong kong(if they need to transfer from hong kong)

Callidus 03-13-2012 11:28 AM

The manafacturer sends them to shipping agent whos passes them onto the city where they will be shipped them they are sent via DHL/FeDex or whatever...

You would only want them sent by air as there isnt enough quantity to be sent any other way anyway. Is what your importing VeRo?

yttfc2 03-17-2012 06:49 PM

The only answer to what happen to these is The China Customs is totally corrupted. Fedex, DHL, and UPS have no tricky person to deal with it in China. They have to go through all the stupid "formal customs declaration" in China. And putting all those stupid cost onto the customers.

In China, everyone in the industry knows you have to hire a "stable smuggler" to do the export and import. Those stable smugglers have a very good business relation with the Chinese customs.

i hope it explains and makes sense to you

degsey69 03-17-2012 09:04 PM

Since I did the original post I contacted the manufacturers in China myself and I am in the process of getting the product shipped by Fedex to me via Hong Kong.

yttfc2 03-18-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by degsey69 (Post 322433)
Since I did the original post I contacted the manufacturers in China myself and I am in the process of getting the product shipped by Fedex to me via Hong Kong.

The manufacturer is doing the right thing for you.

MM78 03-24-2012 02:48 AM

audiosoft 05-23-2012 05:24 PM

I get shipments from China, they are shipped out using Hongkong Post and are delivered to me using USPS in USA. I believe these companies have some agreements with each other, not entirely sure though. However, the best way and the fastest way to ship from China would be DHL.

If the parcels are lighter cheapest would be Hongkong post. If you can, you should ask your supplier to ship through companies that offer large discounts on shipments, so you don't pay the regular price.

China post is slow, it can take 20+ days too on occassions. EMS is another option and is faster. Not sure about EMS pricing though.

club1010 08-05-2012 10:32 PM

When I buy items from China, I normally ask my suppliers to ship Via DHL Express or EMS 3-4days delivery. I do get the items in time and as you know I have to pay more than if I want to ship via Hong Kong or China post. Some good sellers will do everything for you in the right manner, the best way to have good stable seller when buying from dhgate and Alibaba is for you to establish good communication with your supplier first.

Volkspeed 08-21-2012 09:24 AM

You need to have Guanxi. It took me a good 2-3 years for me to get in the social circle with the right people.

cass 08-21-2012 12:32 PM

The best way is using fedex via HK and making sure your shipments are over 100kg.

Doing this gets you the best possible shipping rate though im pretty sure you can only get that if you are on bed with someone here so to speak.

For instance when i moved here my air freight was a little over twice what i pay now as i currently ship through a very very local company - so it just takes time to get in with the right people.

OP am i correct in thinking your ordering 24 empty flat pack boxes from china or have i misread something?