eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/dropshipping-wholesale-suppliers/)
-   -   Dhgate no longer accepting Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/dropshipping-wholesale-suppliers/49204-dhgate-no-longer-accepting-paypal.html)

sergfro 07-31-2012 12:53 PM

Dhgate no longer accepting Paypal

Not 100% sure but many of my sellers have told me that DHGATE will no longer accept paypal as of Aug 6.

AmazonStealth 07-31-2012 01:09 PM

Wouldnt be surprised, but I havent seen anything.

sergfro 07-31-2012 01:16 PM

I havent seen anything either. All 3 sellers stated the same thoughl. We'll wait and see

jeffweico 07-31-2012 11:38 PM

I could never understand their partnership in the first place. PayPal has a very low tolerance for anything that is not 100% legitimate and DHgate was bursting at the seams with counterfeits. Until recently, they never even ATTEMPTED to hide it.

Maybe DHgate cannot survive without the phakes???

BigCJ 07-31-2012 11:45 PM

That ^

A lot of my suppliers were passing emails with DEEP discounts on stuff that they wanted to sell to me.

Post an ad in the wanted section and watch the offers fly with phakes and bootlegs.

I posted an ad looking for cases and got offers for DVDs and beats by dre!

jeffweico 08-01-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjmixers (Post 364469)

That ^

A lot of my suppliers were passing emails with DEEP discounts on stuff that they wanted to sell to me.

Post an ad in the wanted section and watch the offers fly with phakes and bootlegs.

I posted an ad looking for cases and got offers for DVDs and beats by dre!

I think the sellers with a lot of that type of inventory are afraid of being stuck with it. I have to believe that a lot of new people who stumbled upon DHgate do not know the merchandise is counterfeit, they just think they found a fantastic wholesale source.

That makes sense, as almost everything we own is stamped "Made in China". Once they find out, a good number of them stop buying. So, the stream of new customers they had is gone. Now, all they can do is make deals in private with their current customers and maybe get a few referrals.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

audia4x4 08-01-2012 09:51 AM

sent to me in my dhgate inbox

Quote:

Important changes to payments on DHgate

Last Post: 2012-08-01 21:21

SYSTEM2012-08-01 21:21

Dear Customer:

As of 6 Aug 2012, DHgate.com will stop acceptingPayPal payments. We regret any inconvenience this may cause you.

There are many payment methods onDHgate and all are 100% secure. Whatever payment methods you choose, yourentire transaction is completely secured and covered by the newly upgraded DHgate Buyer Protection Plus. When youmake a payment, DHgate holds the money and will never release the payment tothe seller until you confirm you have received your order and you arecompletely satisfied.

DHgate is also committed to adding other securepayment solution vendors from local markets to make payments more convenientfor you.

For more information on DHgate’s secure payments,please click here.

If you have any questions, please check our FAQ or contact our Customer Service at any time.

Sincerely,

DHgate.com
This was sent to me in my dhgate inbox^. This sucks cause i usually wont use a website without paypal and dhgate is one of the best places to buy decent, affordable motorcycle fairings.

sergfro 08-01-2012 10:13 AM

Well that confirms it. Logging in my dhgate today I got the message stating Dhgate no longer will accept paypal as of the 6th. How weird because Dhgates "massive" sale that they are advertising is starting around the same time.

slapped 08-01-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 364539)
I think the sellers with a lot of that type of inventory are afraid of being stuck with it. I have to believe that a lot of new people who stumbled upon DHgate do not know the merchandise is counterfeit, they just think they found a fantastic wholesale source.

That makes sense, as almost everything we own is stamped "Made in China". Once they find out, a good number of them stop buying. So, the stream of new customers they had is gone. Now, all they can do is make deals in private with their current customers and maybe get a few referrals.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

You Might be interested in this article about DHGate's outlook:

Mike Yin - SEO | Social Marketing | Android: Why DHgate will have Troubles in 2012

wilburnet 08-01-2012 01:38 PM

This is the last thing us dhgate buyers need !! Are you able to still make payments to your DHgate wallet ?

johnnya 08-01-2012 06:17 PM

Are there any similar sites like Dhgate that have suppliers from china that accept paypal? I know a few ie.. tradetang, Beltal, madeinchina does anybody know of any others?

unkown5454 08-01-2012 09:44 PM

There are a million. Google will know more than anyone on this forum.

First Edition 08-01-2012 10:40 PM

you could always cashout the paypal account and send cash.... at least there is less of a trail that way

slapped 08-01-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by First Edition (Post 364708)
you could always cashout the paypal account and send cash.... at least there is less of a trail that way

LoL----Imagine that,,sending some cat who you have NEVER laid eyes on in China an Envelope filled with 100 Dollar bills,,,,I Do Think So

First Edition 08-01-2012 11:10 PM

western union.... you don't need an ID for quick collect. Or maybe it's like less than 1000? And you're still protected by dhgate (or their version of buyer protection) because you pay dhgate, not the seller.

teedon 08-01-2012 11:53 PM

There are new solution coming out soon! There are many many options for you to do business as long as you want to do

Paypal is not the only option ,there are many good payment terms for choose,such as escrow,credit cards,third party platform,etc.

Dhgate is not the only place you can source the products from,alibaba also is very useful for source.

If you could afford the fee,you even can fly to check and buy.

Or you can hire 1 chinese guy work for you and send the stuff to you from the factory.

Or ,many many option.

First Edition 08-01-2012 11:58 PM

haha... the Chinese always seem to be better at capitalizing opportunity :)

Quote:

If you could afford the fee,you even can fly to check and buy.

Or you can hire 1 chinese guy work for you and send the stuff to you from the factory.

unkown5454 08-02-2012 12:19 AM

You are simply lazy if you are literally helpless without PP involved. Escrow is easy as hell with Wes.tern Un.ion and D.H.Ga.te or any e-commerce willing to use Escrow and WU/Money.G.ram transfers. It's ok to leave your house folks. Give it a shot...

boszika 08-02-2012 10:05 AM

I dont understand why would anybody pay with paypal.What you get from them except headache?
Especially if u sell with the same paypal (big no-no) that you buy with.
At least if you pay with a credit card you get points and cash back...Be careful if you pay with any card that is not a Capital One card ,you will be charge 3% foreign transaction fee.

sergfro 08-02-2012 11:04 AM

Yes! 1-5% cash back on my chase card

Quote:

Originally Posted by boszika (Post 364860)
I dont understand why would anybody pay with paypal.What you get from them except headache?
Especially if u sell with the same paypal (big no-no) that you buy with.
At least if you pay with a credit card you get points and cash back...Be careful if you pay with any card that is not a Capital One card ,you will be charge 3% foreign transaction fee.

johnnya 08-02-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unkown5454 (Post 364734)
You are simply lazy if you are literally helpless without PP involved. Escrow is easy as hell with Wes.tern Un.ion and D.H.Ga.te or any e-commerce willing to use Escrow and WU/Money.G.ram transfers. It's ok to leave your house folks. Give it a shot...

My customers ONLY pay via paypal and i send my supplier on dhgate all the funds in my paypal account he then sends whatever items i need and the remaining balance he western unions me. Why does that make me lazy?

First Edition 08-02-2012 01:24 PM

Because there are other payment methods, and better ways to send them money.